Chapala.com Webboard

New Raquet Club Board

d-d

Elections in March resulted in a new board that appears to be very competent, hard working, and honest. There have been a lot of improvements.

Delivery of water to the residents is much better. Previously many residents suffered water shortages but now everyone seems to be getting more water than they need.

The new board obtained a new garbage collector which has resulted in much better service at less cost.

They hired an outside expert to run the swimming pool. Before the pool was often green with algae, had biting bugs and tested positive for different harmful organisms but it is now much cleaner.

Very little of the Raquet Club water is now being wasted running down the street.

Democracy has improved as the board meeting are no longer held in secret but are open to the public where residents can speak.

A number of empty lots that were overgrown have been cleared.

The communal facilities were closed Mondays but now are open 7 days a week.

The financial situation seems to be improving.

It would guess that property values in the Raquet Club have improved under the new board.

I think the Raquet Club has the best facilities on any fraccionamiento/condo around for holding such fiestas although I haven't seen all of the others.

It is a great place to live and getting better.

Another thing the electricity supply is much better in the RC than it was a few years ago. CFE was spurred on to improve their infrastructure there after residents petitioned them to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the new policy of trying to force the workers to enter through the back gate to pick up vests is poorly thought out and won't work unless it is modified.

Yes the new policy of trying to force the workers to enter through the back gate to pick up vests is poorly thought out and won't work unless it is modified.

The Board letter did say they will work to iron out the difficulties..I guess it would be a miracle if any regulation/rule was acceptable and convenient to all

The burros were threatening to strike.

There are two entrances to the Raquet Club-the main one and the back one. They are about 1/2 a kilometer apart. No matter where the workers were coming from or going to in the RC new rules said they were supposed to use the back entrance to check in and out. For many of those on foot this was an big inconvenience. Now they can check in and out at either entry.

i kind of like these new measures. It will make me feel safer when I'm walking by myself and meet a suspecious character. I've had a few encounters in the past. Two guys started to behave strangely when they saw that I turned to pay more attention to them. They then turned around at the end of the street as if they changed their mind to where they were going. Were they prowlers? Where they going to visit someone? Where they working here?

Now, if we don't see them wearing their vest, we'll know they don't belong here. And hopefully, it will stop some from ringing our bell to beg or offer their services. I sometimes wonder if they're authentic or just checking if we are at home.

Garmemorial -- In the 10 years I have lived in the raquet the board has created the difficulties not solved them.

I agree with "in the 10 years" but now we have a different board and those guys are pro-active. Nothing wrong with security procedures. Many other fractionamientos might wish to have more security then they have.

If maids and gardeners don't agree with the new security procedures, tough. We don't need their permission. If they do no wrong, they have nothing to worry about.

Cedro -- Now they can check in and out at either entry. That's just to show how flexible the new board members are. They consider and want to please.

Insanity. Let's just make everyone feel like second-class citizens in their own damn country.

I am sure that it is not the Boards intent..Many on the Board are Mexicans..

The employees are part of the Raquet Club Family..and sometime we all have issues to resolve, but lets keep it in the family!!!

"I hear" that many of the Fraccs in Guad have much more tighter security than does the RC

As many owners at the RC also have property in Guad, I would not be surprised if this latest idea comes from some other experience

i kind of like these new measures. It will make me feel safer when I'm walking by myself and meet a suspecious character. I've had a few encounters in the past. Two guys started to behave strangely when they saw that I turned to pay more attention to them. They then turned around at the end of the street as if they changed their mind to where they were going. Were they prowlers? Where they going to visit someone? Where they working here?

Now, if we don't see them wearing their vest, we'll know they don't belong here. And hopefully, it will stop some from ringing our bell to beg or offer their services. I sometimes wonder if they're authentic or just checking if we are at home.

Garmemorial -- In the 10 years I have lived in the raquet the board has created the difficulties not solved them.

I agree with "in the 10 years" but now we have a different board and those guys are pro-active. Nothing wrong with security procedures. Many other fractionamientos might wish to have more security then they have.

If maids and gardeners don't agree with the new security procedures, tough. We don't need their permission. If they do no wrong, they have nothing to worry about.

Cedro -- Now they can check in and out at either entry. That's just to show how flexible the new board members are. They consider and want to please.

If the security measures are an indicator of the proactive board then they have not proven themselves

any different then past boards.

Did the burros not take good photos??

The burros couldn't keep track of what to do with the vests so that part of security isn't working. It may have to be abandoned or greatly modified.

Burros are notoriously careless about personal possessions. It was foolhardy to expect them to keep track of their vests.

Also, everyone knows burros are camera shy and do not like to pose--except, of course, for Vino Blanco at Yves Restaurant. .

Archived