Chapala.com Webboard

Chihuahua mix for your lap

We have multiple dogs and have sold our home. We just cannot take them all. Our mature little lap dog, who sleeps much of the day, needs a new home. The alternative is something we do not want to think about, but we absolutely cannot take her with us. Our own medical/financial needs have forced this upon us.

Doggie bed and food, leash and pink collar included. Send a PM if you want to meet her.

Thanks

The dog is a chihuahua with maybe something else. She is about 10, spayed, with all shots, white & tan and very friendly, yet will alert you if someone is at the door or gate. I think she weighs 8-10 lbs; no more than that, and she is not fat but maintains her proper weight without our help. She lives with another little one and a large one, and has for a long time. When we had a cat, they were fine together. She is affectionate, yet not demanding, housebroken, uses a doggie door, sleeps in the sunshine on the patio and on her bed in a corner of our bedroom at night/ living room by day. She eats neatly, Purina Dog Chow or Diamond Lamb & rice, plus whatever else you give her. She does not splash when she drinks and has never fallen into the pool. She walks on a leash or can be carried, if you like doing that; she won‘t struggle, for example. Loves to be petted on your lap. She i cute, so her name is Chula.

Yes, medical and financial concerns make it necessary to go to the land of VA hospitals and Medicare. The house is under contract, including furniture, but we must dispose of art, knicknacks, potted plants, kitchen staples and our Jalisco plated 2007 Smart car, which we will also miss a lot.

Now we need to get busy making a list.....mañana. Too tired and stressed out today. :(

WE WILL MISS YOU BOTH BIG TIME! How are we going to get any sane advice on this board without YOU, RV? Which VA are you going to? My son works at the one in Tucson. (Thank God not the one in Phoenix!) I do not want to hijack this thread, so I will start a new thread so we can all bitch and moan in proper fashion.

Fantastic news! We are going to Tucson. Send me a PM with details, if appropriate, or an e-mail. I think you have me at my username at that gmail place......

I will stay in touch on the forums, I am sure. Little else I can do.

RV, thank you so much for sharing your information and wisdom with so many over the years. Wishing you all the very best on this next part of your journey.

I am sure it would be a big relief to you if you knew your little dog had a home to go to when you leave. What is her name? Do you have a picture of her?

Her name is Chula and we do have some pictures, but can only send them by e-mail. So if you send me your e-mail address by PM, I can get one to you.

Please, pass the word that we must find her a home quickly or ........sleepy time. I hate that thought.

CHULA HAS A NEW HOME

Wow......our maid and her family just showed up for their usual Friday at our house. They want Chula ! What good news! They have known her all her life and that should make it easier on Chula, and on us.

By the way, if anyone will need a 100% reliable, wonderful maid, please let me know. She has had our keys for a decade, helps serve and clean when we entertain, house-sits when we travel, etc. Better than having family of our own! We can arrange for you to meet Maria at our place on a Friday.

How about you start a new thread "excellent maid available"? That has worked for me in getting my maid more work.

I will do that soon....after the dust settles. We are up to our ears sorting and arranging stuff to sell and hosting folks one or two at a time, by appointment. That is all we have the energy for.

Archived