Chapala.com Webboard

Is Sonia Diaz still doing business with vehicle imports?

snowyco

If we could get a UCD office in Jalisco we could get UCD plates for a fraction of the cost of border nationalization.

We can't drive in Guadalajara with UCD plates but that is OK with me. I can drive to Zapopan and other towns outside of Guadalajara or drive to Costco and take a cab into Guadalajara.

I have it all planned out. Now if I could only get the plates.

As I understand it. Here in the local newspaper they sometimes have news article about the 4 Campesino Unions here, the state of San Luis Potosí, one being the UCD.

Apparently they regularize vehicles and the various "amparos" are when they can. Until that time when you are to have your vehicle regularized [and have the funds to do it, no hurry] they sell for a small fee to members of these unions the cardboard plates [ with the file # and other data on them] renewable often for another small fee to keep the vehicle safe from authorities.

The cost to regularize through these unions is more expensive than doing it at the border, about $28,000 pesos for a 2002 Ford Explorer. Nationalizing a 2002 Ford Explorer in Nogales is about $15,000 pesos.

Alan you are right in that it is more this way. A 2006 Ford Explorer quote was 19,000 pesos which is newer that the one you refer to. For some already going to border yes less money. For someone who is quite senior, poor health, not wanting to drive and paying tools, gas, meals, hotels, wear on car plus in some cases needing a Returno Seguro or being long distances from border such as Manzanillo, Ixtapa etc this is a viable option.

It is not the best option for everyone. And for non-NAFTA which we should start nationalizing again very soon, there are few options for these vehicles.

A Ford E-350 van which we started last week was 19,500.

A dual axle enclosed utility trailer was 17300 last week.

Note Canadian registered vehicles are a little more. Diesels, dual cabs, luxury cars all more.

Over the past few months we are getting better prices. A year ago out own 2008 Saturn Vue was 25000 p and today it would be much less.

I know many people including in San Miguel who lost all their payment. No one with me has lost their payment. My receipt states full refund if not nationalized. As I noted before some have waited months for a simple visa renewal. I do not see anyone posting their facilitator's name and blaming the facilitator when visas take months. It is all part of life and frustrations in Mexico.

In this case broker paid and all documents are with Aduana and have been for many weeks. It may be impossible to "pull back" the process but the end result being nationalized.

And I still have not been told by Steve Yucalandia why he is the spokesperson for John MacDonald other than being of a personal nature to discredit me.

Alan you are right in that it is more this way. A 2006 Ford Explorer quote was 19,000 pesos which is newer that the one you refer to. For some already going to border yes less money. For someone who is quite senior, poor health, not wanting to drive and paying tools, gas, meals, hotels, wear on car plus in some cases needing a Returno Seguro or being long distances from border such as Manzanillo, Ixtapa etc this is a viable option.

It is not the best option for everyone. And for non-NAFTA which we should start nationalizing again very soon, there are few options.

A Ford E-350 van which we started last week was 19,500.

The newspaper article I was refering to was at least 14 months ago. It stated J vehicles were being accepted at that time also.

A dual axle enclosed utility trailer was 17300 last week.

Note Canadian registered vehicles are a little more. Diesels, dual cabs, luxury cars all more.

Over the past few months we are getting better prices. A year ago out own 2008 Saturn Vue was 25000 p and today it would be much less.

The newspaper article I was refering to was about 12 or more months ago. They stated J vehcles were being done at that time also.

We can't drive in Guadalajara with UCD plates but that is OK with me. I can drive to Zapopan and other towns outside of Guadalajara or drive to Costco and take a cab into Guadalajara.

I have it all planned out. Now if I could only get the plates.

Sounds like a great plan,unless of course you happen to live in or plan to drive in Guadalajara.

Why haven't you been able to get the plates?

With all the promotion you've been doing for Sonia you ought to get a discount.

This is the request yesterday asking for a refund:

Ramiro, buenos dias

El dueno de este automovil ya no desea seguir con el proceso y necesita esta semana la devolucion de su dinero.

Por favor guieme a traves del procedimiento para obtener el dinero de este proceso para poder finiquitarlo con el.

Definitivamente no desea concluir la legalizacion y no puede esperar mas, aviseme cuando y donde puedo recoger el dinero para su devolucion.

I would appreciate this topic be at least locked or removed.

Sonia Diaz

What was the reply to the request for the refund?

Sounds like a great plan,unless of course you happen to live in or plan to drive in Guadalajara.

Why haven't you been able to get the plates?

With all the promotion you've been doing for Sonia you ought to get a discount.

Giving people another person to deal with is not promoting. You really hate her don't you? You need to get over your hatred of a woman who is trying to make a living and who has many happy customers.

I have no plans to drive to Guadalajara. I can take a cab.

The person must be living in a state with a UCD office in order to get UCD plates. He cannot be living in Jalisco to get UCD plates. If he is living in a state where he can get UCD plates and he moves to Jalisco, he will need to buy Jalisco plates.

If someone lives in Guadalajara then obviously if the person plans to drive there it isn't an option.

Sonia can do the regular nationalizing so that a person can be plated in whatever state he lives in.

You shouldn't make assumptions Joco,calm down,I'm just naturally sceptical of facilitators or as they're known here in Mexico,coyotes...

I 'm not upset. You haven't gotten your skirt blown up over other people being recommended for nationalizing but you do with Sonia. It is very odd.

I am very glad to hear that Sonia is still in business, and helping people.

Businesses here in Mexico come and go so frequently, especially car import broker facilitators, where the facilitator has almost no control over what the broker is doing.

As Sonia wrote, an amparo that is working for a broker for a few months gets quashed by a higher court, and those brokers then have gone out of business, leaving their customers stuck, losing $20,000 - $35,000 pesos each.

When a service-only business stops giving the service promised, and lets a customer's import go for over 7 months, then it's time to ask how that business is going.

If Sonia and Joco had simply answered the 2 questions to explain that she is still doing business, and say that she is paying the refund, then would there have been any issue?

I have no idea why they veered off into their own personal issues, without answering if she was still importing cars, nor saying "we're paying the refund".

There is no defamation in asking how a service-only small operation is going, especially in an area where so many have failed in the past, and left their customers stuck.

When these little businesses go under, especially when they say they have sent all the cash to some far-off unknown party, there is only a short time window to get a refund.

I 'm not upset. You haven't gotten your skirt blown up over other people being recommended for nationalizing but you do with Sonia. It is very odd.

Nothing odd about it,I just haven't heard of other people having to wait for seven months for the paperwork to get their vehicles nationalized,as stated in the OP,I'm not saying that doesn't happen with other facilitators,it's just the first time I'd heard of a specific case like this one.

Like I said before,I'll be nationalizing my vehicle soon and I just want to find my best options.

I am very glad to hear that Sonia is still in business, and helping people.

Businesses here in Mexico come and go so frequently, especially car import broker facilitators, where the facilitator has almost no control over what the broker is doing.

As Sonia wrote, an amparo that is working for a broker for a few months gets quashed by a higher court, and those brokers then have gone out of business, leaving their customers stuck, losing $20,000 - $35,000 pesos each.

When a service-only business stops giving the service promised, and lets a customer's import go for over 7 months, then it's time to ask how that business is going.

If Sonia and Joco had simply answered the 2 questions to explain that she is still doing business, and say that she is paying the refund, then would there have been any issue?

I have no idea why they veered off into their own personal issues, without answering if she was still importing cars, nor saying "we're paying the refund".

There is no defamation in asking how a service-only small operation is going, especially in an area where so many have failed in the past, and left their customers stuck.

When these little businesses go under, especially when they say they have sent all the cash to some far-off unknown party, there is only a short time window to get a refund.

If you wanted to know if she is still in business you could have contacted her but you didn't so that is not the reason you started this thread. We aren't stupid. We know you could have contacted her but you didn't want to.

What part of "I do not work for Sonia" is it that you do not get? I posted her email address and Facebook page. No one prevented you from contacting her.

I posted her information as another source for people who are looking to nationalize. That is it. She provides a service the same as many others do who have also been listed here to nationalize.

I know you and Sonia's Canadian husband have had problems but why take it out on her? Go bad mouthed him all you want and leave Sonia out of it.

Snowyco, Steve, Yucalandia please never send me an email through here again. NEVER! Those who write behind a phony screen name we know who you are and we know what you are. Leave me and my husband alone. You are a troll, dishonest and disrespectful. ENOUGH! Why you are John MacDonald's spokesperson is beyond me. 87 cars completed over 14 months when people like you and Linda warren stated it was impossible, fraudulent, illegal. I proved everyone wrong.

Good Morning Sonia,

Have you read what Yucalandia says about you?

Every single mention of you is positive.

Yucalandia includes your phone, your email, and the descriptions of your services that you wrote.

This has been reality for the last 2 years.

I don't understand why you think I have criticized you.

You publicly write that I have some bad motives about you. but I think you misunderstand or are getting bad advice.

When I owned a 75 scientist laboratory, I WELCOMED clients to tell us what we were doing poorly, because it gave us a chance to fix problems and do things even better.

If you read my first post questioning if you were still providing services to Chapala.com readers, you can see it does not criticize you nor your services, regardless of what the highly-emotional irrational Joco says.

By writing that post, asking for current information/status from your clients about how your business was going, I gave you a great chance to hit a home run (casa-llena jon run) .

It also gave your clients a chance to come forward and write good things about your excellent service.

=============================================

You and John and Joco all had a chance to write answers to the 3 simple questions:

~ "Are people here getting good paper-only permanent import results from Sonia? "

~ "how many successful imports Sonia has completed lately, "

and

~ "how long did each one take?

============================================

Why didn't you hit a home run - casa llena ? Why not simply tell people how things are going?:

" We are still in business - helping people with excellent services."

" Our business is doing great."

" We have completed 5 fresh permanent imports in just the last 2 weeks"

" These imports took only 2 months."

===========================================

Instead, you had your representative Joco come at people like a pit-bull nasty attack dog.

Joco makes you look bad.... She could have said good things about you and your business - saying how good the business is going.

Instead, Joco makes you look bad by her attacks on other people.

cbviajero really was planning to use your services - but then Joco attacked him publicly - Joco acting as your personal representative here...

Chapala readers see Joco personally attacking cbviajero and other potential clients for you, and they say to themselves:

"Hey, Sonia and Joco publicly zing their clients and potential clients, humiliating them in public.

"Why would I want to be a client of Sonia, when she announces bad things publicly by reporrtiing John M's name in public and publicly criticizing him."

"Why would I want to be a client of Sonia, when it means having that irrational Joco attacking me in public ? "

====================================

If you read for yourself what Steve has written about you on Yucalandia; all of it good, then you would know that Steve has supported your business every time he has written about you.

Someone seems to be giving you bad advice about how to promote your business on the internet.

Do not ever criticize your clients in public.

When someone asks how your business is going, tell people right away how things are going.

Tell Joco to stop her highly-emotional out-of-control criticisms of other people when she represents herself as your advocate.

Every time someone writes something on permanent car imports here on Chapala.com, Joco jumps in to represent you and tells people to contact you, so please don't say she is not your representative.

Because Joco goes very far in telling people to use your services, and because Joco attacks anyone who she mistakenly imagines is criticizing you, causes the other readers to believe she speaks for you.

Next time some question comes on the internet about how your business is working, tell Joco to shut-up...

Instead, either you or one of your happy clients should write good answers/replies that say how well things are going.

"Sonia's business is going great.'

" I'm really happy with the service I got. "

" Hi, this is Sonia, and I want everyone to know we have been very successful by importing 20 cars in the last 2 months "

Really, Sonia, who ever is giving you advice on these things has done a very poor job, because if you read what Steve has written - he has only written good things about you and your business.

I gave you an excellent opportunity to talk about your business - describing the positive details of how it works, and tell how many happy customers you have helped.

Instead... you attacked me... and you criticized Yucalandia and Steve.

Bad plan.

Try again, and ignore Joco,

Tell people that: "Joco does not speak for me "

because Joco's comments are hurting your business.

Have happy customers write some good things about you.... Joco's attacks are poison in your well.

Joco pone veneno en su pozo.

Be happy,

Keep doing good business.

Know who your real friends are,

recognize the damage Joco does,

recognize who actually writes good things about you,

know that Yucalandia.com only has good things published about you and your business.

And, stop attacking people - do not question people's motives as that is a very negative public display of yourself as unprofessional...

Do not make negative personal criticisms of people who ask questions about your business.

Do not get emotional in internet posts ... ever. It makes you and your GOOD business, look bad.

Keep it all positive. and happy. and hopeful.

be well

cbviajero really was planning to use your services - but then Joco attacked him publicly - Joco acting as your personal representative here...

Sonia,if snowyco/yuacalandia said that,then he is a despicable liar and should probably not be allowed to post on this forum.

I never intended to go the UCD route to nationalization,and I've never communicated personally with him about anything.

I'm still considering my options,the situation seems to change constantly.

Snowyco/yucalandia should be ashamed of himself!

Snowyco/yuacalandia has zero credibility...

Agreed long ago ask post be deleted. Would such a post specifically with this tone been allowed if the name at the top was a well known lawyer or realtor from CB? Again I ask the post be deleted. Of the 87 completed 4 are from lakeside ... Dave, David, Eddie, Ray.

Sonia,if snowyco/yuacalandia said that,then he is a despicable liar and should probably not be allowed to post on this forum.

I never intended to go the UCD route to nationalization,and I've never communicated personally with him about anything.

I'm still considering my options,the situation seems to change constantly.

Snowyco/yucalandia should be ashamed of himself!

Snowyco/yuacalandia has zero credibility...

My mistake.

I confused cbviajero with another person.who had asked about Sonia's services.

I know 6 different people who are having problems with paper-only imports who are trying to get their cars imported, helping to track whose processes are working, and which ones are not working.

I apologize for incorrectly citing cbviajero's name.

Sonia provides good services. Sonia says her business is doing well.

In all businesses, a few jobs don't work as we hope, and the acquaintance who was waiting for a permanent import from Sonia for 7 months is supposed get a refund. The other 5 are not so lucky as to have chosen Sonia's services.

Archived