Chapala.com Webboard

Is Sonia Diaz still doing business with vehicle imports?

snowyco

Is anyone here on Chapala.com using Sonia Diaz to import vehicles?

A good acquaintance gave Sonia Diaz all his car papers, plus cash, but 7 months later, nothing.

Sonia gave him her "money back guarantee", but he says that he's only gotten email excuses, and no pedimento and no "money-back guarantee".

7 months is a long time, and he is worried, especially since she has all his car papers, his money, and it would take long-distance legal action in SMA to try to resolve the problems.

Are people here getting good paper-only permanent import results from Sonia?

Hmm,seven months is a long time..

Another poster on this forum,Joco, was touting Sonia' s services just a couple of days ago.

I've been following this situation because I also need to nationalize my vehicle soon and quite frankly I have my doubts about her use of a Mexican campesino organisation to nationalize expats vehicles despite all her claims of the legitimacy of the process.

Hmm,seven months is a long time..

Another poster on this forum,Joco, was touting Sonia' s services just a couple of days ago.

I've been following this situation because I also need to nationalize my vehicle soon and quite frankly I have my doubts about her use of a Mexican campesino organisation to nationalize expats vehicles despite all her claims of the legitimacy of the process.

Learn to read. I have mentioned Sonia's services and provided her email address and Facebook link. I have not promoted her services because I know as much about her services as anyone else.

Snowyco knows very well she has been mentioned in several threads on this board.

From what I have read and what others have said who have used her, this complaint would be the first I've seen.

I bet there is more to it.

I don't know why you insist that all she does is the farmer type nationalizing. She does the straight nationalizing also.

Is anyone here on Chapala.com using Sonia Diaz to import vehicles?

A good acquaintance gave Sonia Diaz all his car papers, plus cash, but 7 months later, nothing.

Sonia gave him her "money back guarantee", but he says that he's only gotten email excuses, and no pedimento and no "money-back guarantee".

7 months is a long time, and he is worried, especially since she has all his car papers, his money, and it would take long-distance legal action in SMA to try to resolve the problems.

Are people here getting good paper-only permanent import results from Sonia?

If you are really interested and not just bashing Sonia because you don't like her husband, why not contact her and ask her?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302

Not bashing, just asking if the friends experience is a solitary example, or if there is more going on.

Joco,

Rather than reacting, it would be good for the rest of us to hear how many successful imports Sonia has completed lately,

and how long did each one take?

The friend simply wondered if others were having problems - but was hesitant to ask publicly - for fear of being personally criticized.

Learn to read. I have mentioned Sonia's services and provided her email address and Facebook link. I have not promoted her services because I know as much about her services as anyone else.

Baloney,you were promoting her on the Nationalize Korean Cars thread two days ago.

And it wasn't by any means the first time you promoted her services either.

PS;Regarding your remark about my reading skills,well,that was just plain rude.

Not bashing,

The friend simply wondered if others were having problems - but was hesitant to ask publicly - for fear of being personally criticized.

That sounds rather strange. Got you to do the dirty work, and we have no idea if the "friend" made up this story and if it is really different from how you have presented it, do we? I would let the "friend do his own stuff, so you don't get stuck with something that may be untrue.

"....and quite frankly I have my doubts about her use of a Mexican campesino organisation to nationalize expats vehicles despite all her claims of the legitimacy of the process."

I

Ole Joco surely gets beat up and accused for "shilling for Sonia" all the time. Now I don't know Joco from Loco, but I've reread his (many) postings and I see information given, not shilling..... if one goes by the traditional definition that you probably mean: personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services.

Anyway, I guess I'll get branded as her shill now, but if I am, she's falling short with the payment end of the contract!

Peace.

It's fine for anyone to have doubts, but actually cbviajero, Sonia does NOT use this organization to nationalize expat so passing that along as fact is unfortunate.

"I nationalize cars through a 800,000 member organization.....".

Rick,that quote is from Joco' s post promoting Sonia's services two days ago on the Nationalize Korean Cars thread.

I suggest that you go back and re-read it.

"I nationalize cars through a 800,000 member organization.....".

Rick,that quote is from Joco' s post promoting Sonia's services two days ago on the Nationalize Korean Cars thread.

I suggest that you go back and re-read it.

Yes, I just did do just that and you are right. It was not my understanding, and I don't believe it is associated with the group other than using the "strength" or the organization but I'm gonna back off my assertion above and delete that portion of the Post.

Thanks.

Baloney,you were promoting her on the Nationalize Korean Cars thread two days ago.

As far as I know, she has never nationalized K cars so I have never "promoted" her doing so. She did have an amparo to nationalize "J" cars for awhile and that expired. Odd that you claim she nationalized K cars since you think that all her nationalizing is under UCD.

Giving her as source for people is not promoting her. Other people have been recommended or suggested and I do not think by giving them as a source they are being promoted, but it is odd that they all are males and Sonia is the only female. Is it her gender that bothers you?

Why not tell us the real reason you dislike Sonja? Is it professional or personal?

If Snowyco cared about getting information about Sonia he would ask about her on the SMA forum where she lives and not here. Giving us innuendo about a claim without a name or facts is meant to discredit her service and nothing more.

As far as I know, she has never nationalized K cars so I have never "promoted" her doing so. She did have an amparo to nationalize "J" cars for awhile and that expired. Odd that you claim she nationalized K cars since you think that all her nationalizing is under UCD.

Giving her as source for people is not promoting her. Other people have been recommended or suggested and I do not think by giving them as a source they are being promoted, but it is odd that they all are males and Sonia is the only female. Is it her gender that bothers you?

Nice try Joco,you are quite the backpedaler.

Where did I claim that she could nationalize K cars?

I couldn't care less what her gender is,what a ridiculous thing to say.

As I previously stated I will be nationalizing my vehicle soon,that's why I'm interested in the subject.

I visit family in Guanajuato on a regular basis and am familiar with the UCD plates,they're on vehicles,mostly old vehicles, purchased by immigrants working in the US,I personally find Sonia's use of this campesino organization to make money for herself by using it as a loophole for expats in SMA distasteful,but that's just my opinion,you can carry on touting for her,I don't really care.

Nice try Joco,you are quite the backpedaler.

Where did I claim that she could nationalize K cars?

I couldn't care less what her gender is,what a ridiculous thing to say.

As I previously stated I will be nationalizing my vehicle soon,that's why I'm interested in the subject.

I visit family in Guanajuato on a regular basis and am familiar with the UCD plates,they're on vehicles,mostly old vehicles, purchased by immigrants working in the US,I personally find Sonia's use of this campesino organization to make money for herself by using it as a loophole for expats in SMA distasteful,but that's just my opinion,you can carry on touting for her,I don't really care.

Read the first quote above. You wrote that I was promoting her and I wasn't. Posting that she does nationalizing is not promoting her. It is a service to people looking to have vehicles nationalized. She has never nationalized K cars if anyone is confused. Saying I am a shill for a business that I have not used but that I know of is extremely rude. I guess you think people who recommend restaurants are shills.

The UCD plates are very restricted and controlled. People with them cannot drive in most large cities such as Guadalajara and Mexico City. Many expats would not want the restrictions caused by having UCD plates.

You do know that license plates are a small tax don't you? It is not like the government will go broke if one person pays less for a UCD tag than for a state tag.

The savings is the nationalizing fee and UCD is a lot less to nationalize, but the person must live in a state that has a UCD office. I think there are 3 states with UCD so it isn't throughout the country.

I'm sure most if the UCD plates you see belong to Mexicans who brought their used cars into Mexico. I doubt many belong to expats. If you are upset that brokers are not making thousands of pesos nationalizing because people are going through UCD instead of paying the brokers, you should complain to the right people,

That sounds rather strange. Got you to do the dirty work, and we have no idea if the "friend" made up this story and if it is really different from how you have presented it, do we? I would let the "friend do his own stuff, so you don't get stuck with something that may be untrue.

There is no "dirty work".

A web-forum request for reader's recent experiences of using a business's services is not "dirty work".

When we ask people whether a particular hotel has been giving good service, or restaurant, or internet-provider, they are all just simple requests for current status information.

The only "dirty work" seems to be imagined in the minds of critics.

Re Joco's criticism of "Why don't you contact Sonia":

Pause a moment, and realize that we have already heard 7 months worth of Sonia's explanations,

and ironically, Sonia did not respond to the last emailed request for information on what was happening with the promised import.

The critics have exactly described the reasons why I asked if anyone else was getting any success with Sonia's imports:

~ She has not delivered in this one case: no refund, no pedimento, no reply to the last email.

~ Plenty of criticism for asking if anyone else has had good or bad experiences lately with her import service.

Again: Does anyone here know if Sonia successfully permanently imported cars using a paper-only process lately?

How long did these imports take?

I personally find Sonia's use of this campesino organization to make money for herself by using it as a loophole for expats in SMA distasteful,but that's just my opinion,you can carry on touting for her,I don't really care.

Your claim is hilarious! So it is more ethical to hire a "bagman" to pass on bribes to corrupt customs officials, making sure the bagman has not got a license or bond to lose if he is caught.

The campesino organization Sonia is working with has political clout, and recognized as such by many Mexican politicians - including, and perhaps especially, El Presidente and his party. They are fighting for access to good quality, low cost used trucks, vans and automobiles which they need in many parts of Mexico just to survive. Many of these farmers, LIKE MANY FOREIGN SENIORS in Mexico cannot afford to go out and buy a new 250,000 peso pickup truck, nor can they qualify for the bank loans.

[e name=CHILLIN" post="408130" timestamp="1410294314]

Your claim is hilarious! So it is more ethical to hire a "bagman" to pass on bribes to corrupt customs officials, making sure the bagman has not got a license or bond to lose if he is caught..

Who said anything about hiring a "bagman" to pass bribes on to corrupt customs officials,did I miss that post??

You are really out of the loop when you fail to recognize the systemic corruption in Mexico.

Now you're making me laugh,chillin.

You probably have a hard time ordering a taco,let alone trying to have a conversation in Spanish.

Chillin gave the real reason.

This is Sonia's answer:

The person with the concern is John M. We all know the original poster is Steve from Yucalandia.

Since June 2013, I have completed 87 vehicles including cars, SUV's, motorhomes, trailers etc and some have taken weeks and some months. Everyone from last year is done. Every NAFTA vehicle from January is completed along with those from March 15 to June 28 is nationalized except for an RV started in June. RV's take longer for whatever reason. I have some outstanding from July and August including the trailer I stated today.

An employee of UCD who was responsible for nationalizing all cars on behalf of UCD whose name is Cesar M. was terminated in late March of this year. Legal action has been taken against him. The person I work with is head of UCD for the state of GTO and now responsible for all UCD nationalizing throughout Mexico. For the hundred plus vehicles (my clients and others) to be nationalized through UCD the process had to be started over. All the funds were paid again. Not one client has lost a peso. Of my 31 clients between Dec 31 and Mar 14 exactly 25 have their documents, the most recent being last week. In that time period 6 are outstanding.

Nationalizing virtually is based on amparos (injunctions) and as Steve well knows these come and go. In some cases processes started more than once with a new amparo. In some of my cases due to an employee's greed funds were paid twice. In addition without notice Aduana started asking for 2000 extra pesos to nationalize Canadian cars as registration is different.This request came after clients paid. Between UCD and me we paid the 2000 pesos. Not one of my more than 100 clients (including those in progress) were ever asked for additional payment.

The clients with long delays I have kept them informed and asked for patience. This is similar to some in lakeside who have waited months for a visa renewal. Government offices are like a big black hole and as Spencer whom we know well will tell you, answers can be vague, processes frustrating and common sense non existent.

I have clients all over Mexico including lakeside who can attest to my integrity. If Steve or anyone else has questions they call call me 415-106-1499 or email me at SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com. However attacking me personally and trying to discredit me is unacceptable. Simply ask and happy to answer questions.

A meeting just finished minutes ago with Aduana staff and the man I work through at UCD. I was just told several brokerages are about to be shut down. They were paying bribes and were caught.

I have represented clients who have paid through me over 2,600,000 pesos. This is a huge amount of money and every person has had their payments protected. To date not one has had to have their money refunded but we have all had to be patient. John M has a copy of an email I sent to those whom I paid asking for a refund.

sincerely

Sonia Diaz

I do not understand the motive of Steve who is so far away and has his own web board Yucalandia why he would be posting about me on behalf of a "friend" who lives in Veracruz. Please note there are no papers to be returned as all documents and photos are done by email. This is the request yesterday asking for a refund:

Ramiro, buenos dias

El dueno de este automovil ya no desea seguir con el proceso y necesita esta semana la devolucion de su dinero.

Por favor guieme a traves del procedimiento para obtener el dinero de este proceso para poder finiquitarlo con el.
Definitivamente no desea concluir la legalizacion y no puede esperar mas, aviseme cuando y donde puedo recoger el dinero para su devolucion.
Steve you know how to contact me and if you have issues the professional way to address them would be contacting me personally vs my having to join a web board to provide the truth.
I would appreciate this topic be at least locked or removed.
Sonia Diaz

Sonia - could you let the UCD man know that he may not have known this but that you two are providing an invaluable service to many fixed income seniors living in Mexico. Providing lower cost nationalization through an agency which is known for its transparency and accountability. By avoiding seniors having to twist through the snakepit of border bureaucracy, deception and greed. By dealing directly with Customs and Immigration which originally welcomed them with patience and a smile, but now seems to treat them like runaway millionaires, ready to be fleeced.

Sonia - could you let the UCD man know that he may not have known this but that you two are providing an invaluable service to many fixed income seniors living in Mexico. Providing lower cost nationalization through an agency which is known for its transparency and accountability. By avoiding seniors having to twist through the snakepit of border bureaucracy, deception and greed. By dealing directly with Customs and Immigration which originally welcomed them with patience and a smile, but now seems to treat them like runaway millionaires, ready to be fleeced.

If we could get a UCD office in Jalisco we could get UCD plates for a fraction of the cost of border nationalization.

We can't drive in Guadalajara with UCD plates but that is OK with me. I can drive to Zapopan and other towns outside of Guadalajara or drive to Costco and take a cab into Guadalajara.

I have it all planned out. Now if I could only get the plates.

Steve you know how to contact me and if you have issues the professional way to address them would be contacting me personally vs my having to join a web board to provide the truth.

I would appreciate this topic be at least locked or removed.
Sonia Diaz

How could Steve embarrass, humiliate or defame you if he contacted you directly? Where is the fun in that?

Archived