Chapala.com Webboard

Nationalizing Nafta car at border

EddyR

I can nationalize NAFTA cars with no trip to border if I start within next 2 weeks. I started 2 this week and will do 3 to 4 more before end of week.

Sonia

Sonia, can/will you share with us your knowledge of what is happening as of October 15 with respect to "virtual" vehicle nationalization? Are you using an amparo that 'expires' then or is something 'big' coming down after that date?

Gracias

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonia, can/will you share with us your knowledge of what is happening as of October 15 with respect to "virtual" vehicle nationalization? Are you using an amparo that 'expires' then or is something 'big' coming down after that date?

Gracias

Rick not sure if I should write any more but will answer your question and hope one does not consider it advertising. If so the moderators are welcome to delete my posts.

At this time I am told the agreement with SAT/Aduana and UCD ends at the latest Oct 15. Is this an amparo? I believe it is but have not asked that specific question. An hour ago I spoke with the man I have worked with for 16 months who now oversees all car nationalizing for UCD. He worked with Aduana in a senior position for 13 years. I also communicate with him daily and we have met him numerous times including socially. I have also met Aduana staff. UCD is very powerful. Just Tuesday before last the head of UCD met in Mexico City met with SAT (Aduana is part of SAT) representatives. They are working on a program for after Oct 15 for NAFTA cars. I do now know, when, if or how this will work. Soon I am told I can nationalize non-NAFTA cars. I have at least 30 cars waiting. The main problem as I understand it is that literally thousands of stolen cars were being nationalized. This is the main concern of Aduana in that they want to prevent this.

I do not know the status at the border but in an email I was told a person who was at the border today could not nationalize. I am still submitting cars to be nationalized and told they will be completed.

I have had other brokers want to work with me with many promises including a 3 day turn a round. Well, I know that is impossible. Some of them are now under investigation. And, if I did work with them any funds I paid could disappear and I would personally have to refund their payment. As I noted earlier, nearly 3 million pesos and while the process can be slow I have "insurance" via UCD. Many organizations including at lakeside have lost huge sums and individuals I hear from all over Mexico lost their full payment. For me to do this any other way via UCD would be a liability neither my clients nor my family nor I should ever risk.

I have been doing this for 16 months with lots of people making not very nice comments. But I know I am very respected and well known in SMA and we have successfully got SP healthcare for expats when every one use to be turned down; 4 km of road reconstructed through a petition, a working relationship with our mayor and his staff and much more. Plus we work hard supporting the community. I am proudly Mexican. Viva Mexico.

This might be better posted in the learning Spanish forum but I'll ask the question here,can any of you Spanish speakers familiar with Mexican culture tell us why facilitators are often referred to here as coyotes?

Many of us use facilitators to get our INM papers. We can do it ourselves but it isn't usually worth the confusion.

I've heard the word coyote used to describe smugglers who charge outrageous fees to get illegals across the border and to describe a man who woke up with an ugly women and said, "I chewed my arm off so I wouldn't wake her."

To call a legitimate facilitator a coyote is rude.

Years ago, we used one for our IMSS renewal, which we had without restrictions for a few years. It was the employees of the facilitator who issued us forged papers, in collusion with an IMSS employee in Guadalajra; a boyfriend. They robbed 17 couples that way and we caught them. The employee here was fired, the facilitator cried and the IMSS employee got off scott free, issuing death threats! IMSS would not make it good and we lost our status and have not had IMSS since, due to subsequent previous conditions.

Be careful.....only use Spencer....no olthers.

Joco: you got your second coyote definition a little confused. From Urban Dictionary:

"A situation encountered after a night of consuming alcohol whereby a person, usually male, wakes the next morning in a strange bed with a sexual partner from the previous evening who is completely physically undesirable (see ugly, nasty, two bagger) and sleeping on the man's arm. The hapless male would rather gnaw off his own arm than wake the woman and have to face the ills of his intoxicated choices the previous evening. Originating from a phenomena whereby a coyote captured in a jaw trap will chew off its own leg to escape certain death."

It is the hapless woman who is "coyote ugly" and not the man who is a coyote.

However, calling facilitators "coyotes" is an inaccurate use of the word in any form. It makes no sense.

However, calling facilitators "coyotes" is an inaccurate use of the word in any form. It makes no sense.

You are obviously as unfamiliar with Mexican Spanish as Joco is.

What you call facilitators are commonly referred to as coyotes in Mexico,I doubt that even Sonia or Spencer would deny that.

Why are they called coyotes?

That was the question I was asking up-thread,I'm guessing it's because they share some similar traits,opportunistic being one of them,it's kinda like referring to a lawyer as a shark.

(Ecuad., El Salv., Hond. y Méx.) “Persona que se encarga oficiosamente de hacer trámites, especialmente para los emigrantes que no tiene (sic) los papeles en regla, mediante una remuneración” .

Joco: you got your second coyote definition a little confused. From Urban Dictionary:

"A situation encountered after a night of consuming alcohol whereby a person, usually male, wakes the next morning in a strange bed with a sexual partner from the previous evening who is completely physically undesirable (see ugly, nasty, two bagger) and sleeping on the man's arm. The hapless male would rather gnaw off his own arm than wake the woman and have to face the ills of his intoxicated choices the previous evening. Originating from a phenomena whereby a coyote captured in a jaw trap will chew off its own leg to escape certain death."

It is the hapless woman who is "coyote ugly" and not the man who is a coyote.

A coyote when caught in a leg trap will chew off his own leg to escape. The ugly woman is called "coyote ugly" because the man like a coyote would rather chew off his arm to escape rather than wake her. She is "coyote ugly" because she is ugly enough that a man will act like a coyote and chew off his own arm. That means he is the coyote and she is coyote ugly, ugly enough to create coyote behavior.

In many native cultures in Mexico, and the parts of the U.S. that were Mexico, coyotes have an entirely different meaning. They are very powerful spirits, known as "tricksters". They can make your wishes come true - but often with a high, unforseen cost. It makes sense then that these facilitators are known as coyotes, whether dealing with automobiles or immigration, legal or otherwise, there are often unforseen results.

I would like to thank Sonia for taking her time to help us. If I had an unnationalized car, which I don't, I would probably use her services. She is not advertising any more than Spencer does. They both take their time to provide free advice to the readers of this forum and they include their professional information.

Sonia - here's an idea (don't worry - I've got lots to spare!). It would be very easy to team up with the American and Canadian private companies, which for a fee will produce a report if that vehicle has ever been reported stolen, scrapped or has liens against it. UDC members would get a discount for the service, others pay full price. The Mexican customs and/or insurance companies, may require this document in the future and it makes more sense than a bureaucratic mess at the border for 72 hours where they still can't discover liens or salvage cars. Consumers who never plan on returning to the U.S. still have the right to protection.

Just because Spencer does it, does not make it right by board rules. There have been plenty of people who have been warned or had their posts deleted for attempting to advertise. Answering questions in general...sure OK..... but fees for services, should be negotiated between principal and client in a private conversation/communication.

Why coyote for Mexican or Mexican based facilitators? I have a simple theory.

It got picked up from that famous movie star....Wile E. Coyote....who like facilitators , was always scheming, always hungry.

Flame away!!!

Just because Spencer does it, does not make it right by board rules. There have been plenty of people who have been warned or had their posts deleted for attempting to advertise. Answering questions in general...sure OK..... but fees for services, should be negotiated between principal and client in a private conversation/communication.

Why coyote for Mexican or Mexican based facilitators? I have a simple theory.

It got picked up from that famous movie star....Wile E. Coyote....who like facilitators , was always scheming, always hungry.

Flame away!!!

I haven't gotten the impression that Sonia is a coyote, scheming, nor the impression that Spencer is a shark. Too many people are quick to denigrate others they do not know and by whom they have never been harmed. It seems to be a popular pastime here.

I guess I couldn't convey the importance of the coyote to many people in times gone by, and up to today. I have spent a lot of time watching them and listening to them. It is great compliment to be compared to coyote - not a cartoon bad guy and a pest.

Coyote's medicine includes understanding that all things are sacred and that yet nothing is sacred, teaching us that only when all masks have fallen will we connect with the source, illumination, stealth, intelligence, singing humans into being, childhood trust in truth, teaching us how to raise our young, they bring rain, give one the ability to laugh at one’s own mistakes, placing the North Star, shape-shifting, teaching balance between risk and safety, trickster, devilment, cunning, wisdom, folly.

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/article/6146/coyote-power-animal-symbol-of-wisdom-family-orientation-illumination

This so fundamentally wise, and when you consider that most physicists accept as fact that matter and energy, within every living thing, can never be destroyed, that it just shifts around the universe. In the north of B.C. and Alaska the Raven takes on the role of coyote, and they are a truly amazing animal as well.

Chillin and I are both waiting on an answer. Chillin posted ready that it takes 3 weeks to get a response. As soon as I have an answer I will post it.

It said 2 to 3 weeks depending on the backlog. It has been 2 weeks since you sent your message. I guess we may have to wait one more suspenseful week.

It said 2 to 3 weeks depending on the backlog. It has been 2 weeks since you sent your message. I guess we may have to wait one more suspenseful week.

You must be very young.

Most of us know what "commerce" means. U.S. Customs is not going to change its rules to accommodate Aduana by exporting private vehicles that are not entering the commerce of a foreign country, that is, exported for sale into a foreign county.

U.S. Customs rules are to export vehicles that are intended for commerce. Agencies in the U.S. government do not do the bidding of agencies in foreign countries. If Aduana is having a problem with the titles to vehicles then it is Aduana that must solve its own problems. If a vehicle is stolen, what does Aduana care anyway? The vehicle is nationalized. Law enforcement from another county, not necessarily the U.S., complains that a vehicle entered Mexico that was stolen. Mexican law enforcement cooperates in locating the vehicle and maybe it is returned.

Why would Aduana care? Aduana is not refunding money on vehicles that are taken back out of Mexico.

Evidently you don't know what commerce means. You're still convinced commerce means commercial. Oh well.

And, you cannot seem to grasp the reason Aduana is asking for or will ask for proof the vehicle was properly exported legally. In fact, your are completely lost.

It will be interesting to hear the reply from Customs.

Evidently you don't know what commerce means. You're still convinced commerce means commercial. Oh well.

And, you cannot seem to grasp the reason Aduana is asking for or will ask for proof the vehicle was properly exported legally. In fact, your are completely lost.

Commerce means business. The Civil Rights Act was written in the Commerce Clause because the Commerce Clause regulates businesses. Commerce is financial. Commerce is not driving the highways in a country.

The Commerce Clause refers to Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution, which gives Congress the power “to regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes.”

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/commerce

1. The buying and selling of goods, especially on a large scale, asbetween cities or nations. See Synonyms at business.
Exchange of goods or services for money or in kind, usually on a scale large enough to require transportation from place to place or across city, state, or national boundaries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce

Commerce is the whole system of an economy that constitutes an environment for business. The system includes legal, economic, political, social, cultural and technological systems that are in operation in any country. Thus, commerce is a system or an environment that affects the business prospects of an economy. It can also be defined as a component of business which includes all activities, functions and institutions involved in transferring goods from producers to consumers.

The U.S. government does not do Aduana's bidding. If Aduana is telling us that we must export vehicles through U.S. Customs and the rule is that U.S. Customs exports vehicles that are going into the commerce of a foreign country, U.S. Customs might have a problem doing what Aduana wants since Customs does not have a rule for exporting vehicles that are non-commercial.

The problem Aduana is having with nationalizing chocolates is with Mexicans bringing vehicles into Mexico not with retired U.S. and Canadian citizens nationalizing vehicles.

Archived