Chapala.com Webboard

kitchen cabinets by David

windstar

Great work. I have used those said to be the best in Ajijic, I have used a master cabinet maker from Guadalajara. David is as good if not 'the' best. He has equipment as good as the guys in Guad which yields a better finished product. As to how do cabinets stand up that may vary according to the wood. I prefer the slightly more costly mahogany over the rosa morada but both have proved to be remarkable woods. Yes, have stood up over several years.

We have an extensive set of hand-crafted kitchen cabinets made by David and his employees, 3 years ago.

The finish is not water-proof. As water drips on it from kitchen activities, it bubbles and peels. And, in rainy season, the finish is slightly tacky to the touch.

I have complained to David and to the designer who spec'd these cabinets - and received 1 (one) replacement door, delivered by a couple of youngsters with an attitude, who told me it was my fault that the finish peeled, because our granite counter-tops do not overhang the front of the cabinets enough.

I have no time to deal with this -- I simply sand and polyurethane the parts of the finish as they peel.

Last week, I saw a lovely set of kitchen cabinets built by Jose and Jorge Hernandez' crew - beautiful wood and finish, AND they had built a lazy susan into the corner where two sets of cabinets meet. Wish I had one of those! Their phone number is (333) 807-2343, and they speak English, if you want to talk to them.

Hi all you may want to try us we realy do the job the way you want with 21 years experince in the bay area san francisco and now with our shop located just 1 hour from chapala

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rigobercortez/slideshow/

we have hundreds of pictures of jobs we done in usa cell 3333625919

• 1 year later...

Hi all you may want to try us we realy do the job the way you want with 21 years experince in the bay area san francisco and now with our shop located just 1 hour from chapala

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rigobercortez/slideshow/

we have hundreds of pictures of jobs we done in usa cell 3333625919

Work looks first rate. Will be more than happy to give you the job next time. Thanks for the info.

Archived