Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Bakery?

kb9gzg

In Mexico, one usually has to go to several places for separate things. A panaderia may make just bread, rolls and maybe a few cookies. A pasteleria will make just cakes. Finding pies in Mexico is definitely not easy. Good ones are near impossible, so it is best to make your own. Lard or Cristal mantequilla vegetal for the crust is easy to find.

An “eclectic bakery in Ajijic“ or anywhere at Lakeside would be a stretch of my imagination.

In Mexico, one usually has to go to several places for separate things. A panaderia may make just bread, rolls and maybe a few cookies. A pasteleria will make just cakes. Finding pies in Mexico is definitely not easy. Good ones are near impossible, so it is best to make your own. Lard or Cristal mantequilla vegetal for the crust is easy to find.

An “eclectic bakery in Ajijic“ or anywhere at Lakeside would be a stretch of my imagination.

Well, there's Walmart. And, it's consistent: :ph34r:

Pastelería Marisa - just west of El Torito - has outstanding cookies and cakes. They also sell gelatinas, which are popular here. No pie.

Yes this is my choice. They also have a nice selection of sugar free if you are trying to cut down on sugar intake. Theyer is a small bunt type cake we have had a few times yummmm. I like the geletinas too

Pastelería Marisa - just west of El Torito - has outstanding cookies and cakes. They also sell gelatinas, which are popular here. No pie.

Thanks, everyone. We're walking, so it would save a lot of searching if you could provide directions relative to Colon for these two stores.

I would like to clarify that there are two piemen: Arturo, who sells tiny pies, including most fruits and a chicken pie, and Le Chef, who brings stock on Friday and Saturday both to SuperLake and a shop in the La Huerta Mall near the fish shop. Fridays is sweet pies; Saturday is chicken pie and quiche.

However, none of this helps the OP, who is looking for a place that carries everything.

Archived