Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico probes mass fish death in Lake Cajititlan

mkshawn

Hundreds of thousands of fish have been washed up on the shores of Lake Cajititlan in the Mexican state of Jalisco over the past week.

Almost 50 tonnes of dead popoche chub freshwater fish have been removed from the lake.

The local authorities said it was part of a "natural cycle" but state officials said it was due to the lake's "poor management".

More fish are expected to wash up over the next days.

Guest PalapaGirl

Some folks who read this webboard are not actually in the area, so may not have access to the GR. Plus, some of us who ARE in the area don't pick it up every week.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

You have to have an on line subscription. Really cheap and well worth the price. The online edition is easy to read, looks just like the printed version. Not only is the on line subscription one third of the cost of the printed on, you cut down on the environmental pollution of printed paper and ink.

The story is all over the Guadalajara-based news, and no doubt nationally as well. But for another English-language article on the topic, here's one posted by Rolly on TOB.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/thousands-dead-fish-jalisco-lagoon-4th-time-year/?utm_source=Aug.+31&utm_campaign=Newsletter+Aug+31&utm_medium=email

I don't find the Guadalajara Reporter worth reading in any format.

Lakeside 7, this is off topic, but yes, I am more tired and out of breath than usual, and my bones are aching as well. Of course, this might not be a temporary condition, but I am hoping it is!!!

Archived