Chapala.com Webboard

El Quinto Sabor

taltman711

El Quinto Sabor has apparently closed. There had been some internal family issues on how it was being run, but I don't know if that was the cause of it being closed. That doesn't leave many choices in Jocotepec for an upscale meal.

Tim

Sorry to hear that, because my one meal there was very good, but now there are two newer fine places to eat before you go East of the "Welcome to Jocotepec banner across the road: Arileo and El Ancla. If you keep going East, there's Monte Cristo near the La Huerta Eventos place. We need not go hungry or drive far. :unsure:

Sorry to hear that, because my one meal there was very good, but now there are two newer fine places to eat before you go East of the "Welcome to Jocotepec banner across the road: Arileo and El Ancla. If you keep going East, there's Monte Cristo near the La Huerta Eventos place. We need not go hungry or drive far. :unsure:

I guess that the Arileo and El Ancla are approx 12klm from El Quinto Sabor, which is not close IMO..

I think the family that owns EQS are in the Berry business....maybe the Berries are not that profitable this season. When ever I have visited I never found many people in the EQS

Their son was an awful business man. They kept dumping in more money. The berries are still very profitable...maybe better than the last few good years.

This fellow opened when he pleased and closed as he wished...kept hiring and rehiring his help after several firings....at first the Palace spent a lot of pesos and then he lost them....we had a sister city dinner that had 40 guests and we wound up going to Monte Cosala...still within the Joco municipality as are all the seafood restaurants

Archived