Chapala.com Webboard

nationalizing korean cars

mexicoblue

You will have to ask the details. If you are worried about the "up and up" get an attorney to setup an agreement, in Spanish, that the fees stay in a trust, like an escrow, until plates are on the car and checked against the Jalisco database. Also check the Federal V.I.N.database. To be fair though, there might be some fees for upfront, out-of-pocket costs.

From Sonia:

"Cars 86 and 87 completed yesterday"
"I nationalize cars through an organization of 800,000 members. By doing so I have the backing of an organization that not only helps farmers, artisans, the poor etc with seed, wells, marketing, dialysis, kidney transplants etc. but they are very influential and powerful. We have seen many people loose their payments for nationalizing when dealing through other intermediaries and brokers. In some cases, huge sums of money are involved. This organization is my "insurance" and protects my clients and me as they will always come through and your funds are not in jeopardy at any time. The 85 plus cars completed all have their Mexican state plates and registration and can be driven anywhere from Canada to Panama. So far well over 2,500,000 pesos I have processed and for me to do it any other way would be a liability neither my clients nor I should ever risk."

There are people at border who are stopped and can not nationalize including the well known Oscar.

What are you trying to say,that Sonia can nationalize vehicles through her campesino organisation that Oscar can't?Are you shilling for Sonia?

What are you trying to say,that Sonia can nationalize vehicles through her campesino organisation that Oscar can't?Are you shilling for Sonia?

Are people who post about Oscar or anyone else who nationalizes, shilling for them? Have you asked the same of others? How rude.

If you want to know how she is nationalizing, ask her, I posted her Facebook link.

For the campesino organization or whatever it is, vehicles with plates through it can only get them in the states where the organization exists. It is not in Jalisco and she has nationalized several vehicles in Jalisco.

That's all I know. Why not question her?

Are people who post about Oscar or anyone else who nationalizes, shilling for them? Have you asked the same of others? How rude.

I agree with the above. I often wonder why some folks seem to want to tear-down others without having any direct knowledge of their 'services' etc. Whatever Joco's incentive, and I believe there to be none, his bringing up (often) Sonia's relationship to car Nationalization is considered to me to be a service to those around here who don't want to sell their perfectly good non-NAFTA US cars.... when there might be an alternative.

From Sonia:

"I nationalize cars through an organization of 800,000 members. By doing so I have the backing of an organization that not only helps farmers, artisans, the poor etc with seed, wells, marketing, dialysis, kidney transplants etc. but they are very influential and powerful. We have seen many people loose their payments for nationalizing when dealing through other intermediaries and brokers. In some cases, huge sums of money are involved. This organization is my "insurance" and protects my clients and me as they will always come through and your funds are not in jeopardy at any time. The 85 plus cars completed all have their Mexican state plates and registration and can be driven anywhere from Canada to Panama. So far well over 2,500,000 pesos I have processed and for me to do it any other way would be a liability neither my clients nor I should ever risk."

Deleted.

Yes, she nationalizes under UCD which can only be done in states that have a UCD office.

She also does straight nationalizing like other brokers.

In states like Jalisco where there isn't a UCD office she cannot offer UCD plates.

Think of it this way, you go to a store that has two different types of bread, Wonder and Bimbo. They are both bread but have different manufacturers. Sonia is like the store selling two different manufactured breads. She has regular nationalizing like other brokers offer and UCD.

Legal? That is open to interpretation. I have heard of people doing it via amparos and other methods but they seem to change every few months. It is hard to tell what method the end broker is using as they all do it at the border. I do not think anybody does it at the airport except hands papers to a broker there who sends the papers to the border.

Spencer--Can you explain the difference between "nationalization" and "regularzation"? Do they both end up with the same result--a car legalized in Mexico with Jalisco plates?

Archived