Chapala.com Webboard

Checking if a Vehicle is Legal

Ezzie

If someone is offering for sale a used vehicle with Jalisco plates that was not originally sold as new in Mexico, is there a way to check Aduana's database to find out if it was "legally" nationalized - ie. shows up on Aduana's records by searching the VIN#??

I tried the link you provided and entered the VIN#, security code and selected "BUSCAR". A server error was returned indicating that the data is not accessible from remote machines (I think).

Would this link be for vehicles that a pedimiento had been issued (ie. nationalized) or for a vehicle's TIP status?

OK, thanks. I'm looking for a database of "nationalized" vehicles - ie. foreign vehicles that have received pedimientos from Aduana and are therefore legal in Mexico.

I believe Spencer may have posted such a list some months ago: we checked ours after we nationalized it. It came up by VIN but not by license plate and the info also indicated that there were no outstanding warrants on it. I printed out the form and keep it with my car papers, just in case.

Try the search function and see what comes up?

Archived