Chapala.com Webboard

10 more tickets available!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said "surprised"? It was inevitable.

I'm glad the donations will be going to whatever local Red Cross is still operating. Sorry to hear about the one in Ajijic.

The Ajijic location was a short-lived branch, or substation, of the Cruz Roja de Chapala. It was never separate, nor funded separately. The Cruz Roja central location is in Chapala and should be visited at least once, so that you know where it is and how to get there quickly in an emergency. One should also have their phone numbers near your home phones and in your cell phones, just in case an ambulance is needed.

From Ajijic, drive straight into Chapala and continue past the American Legion to the T intersection. Turn right and you will see Cruz Roja on the left (east) side of the boulevard. They will give you a tour if you ask.

I agree with you Gringal... this is tedious, we should stop reading this and writing things. Let's just agree to bring our barrows, protest the film and then never see it again, then we can shut down this tedious thread and spend more time watching FOX NEWS. If everyone on here, especially Xena and Mr. Krause, would write that they agree never to see the movie again, we can quit this thread and put it to bed... not in the sexual sense, you liberal thinkers!

Cbviajero, thank you for that blessing. It was a blessing in tongues that the Pastor in the movie issued while speaking, personally, with God during the film. Amalagandashinyandor was only part of the conversation. I don't remember the rest.

Bennie is lost again. Got an XRay in Riberas but didn't know she was in Maskaras Clinic. The Cruz Roja Clinic is in Chapala, and they do have an XRay machine. The closed station was in west Ajijic and never had an XRay facility, just an ambulance station.

LOL! Can't help but chime in since this thread continues. For those of you would like to participate, we need more Zombies! I'm helping Queen Elliott with the rehearsals and teaching the choreography to Michael Jackson's "Thriller". Next rehearsal is this Wednesday from 5-7 pm in the bar upstairs in Club Exotica, just behind El Jardin in the Ajijic Plaza. As this is a great and fun fundraiser for our Cruz Roja - Chapala, we need as many participants as possible.

Come join us for some fun, exercise, camaraderie and help us raise much needed funds for Cruz Roja!

See you there, Rock on Ajijic Zombies!

Valerie :)

Bennie is lost again. Got an XRay in Riberas but didn't know she was in Maskaras Clinic. The Cruz Roja Clinic is in Chapala, and they do have an XRay machine. The closed station was in west Ajijic and never had an XRay facility, just an ambulance station.

This bodes well for the next movie showing. Perhaps Bennie and Tom will end up at the wrong theater with their wheelbarrows and end up protesting some other movie!

Heather

Guest bennie2

passed read cross yesterday in riberis. never been in maskaras in my life. true, they are both near each other- close by. we live in a paraelle universe.

Guest bennie2

just passed it on thursday 2 x's. dont even know what (or where) christina park is. i rarely go to chapala. if i do its the main street only. ive been having these kind of converations for years, there is a paraelle universe. you have yours i have mine. isnt life interesting?

I think bennie2 may be mistaking the Cruz Azul place next to Dr. Pepe Magana's office in Riberas for Cruz Roja.

While I've got your attention, I'm still looking for more Zombies to participate in our event, "Thrill the World", on Oct. 25th. Next rehearsal is upstairs in the bar area at Club Exotica behind El Jardin Restaurant in the Ajijic Plaza this Wednesday from 5-7 pm. Come join us for some fun, great exercise and help raise funds for Cruz Roja - Chapala.

Thanks!

just passed it on thursday 2 x's. dont even know what (or where) christina park is. i rarely go to chapala. if i do its the main street only. ive been having these kind of converations for years, there is a paraelle universe. you have yours i have mine. isnt life interesting?

Really?

Cruz Roja = medical, Cruz Azul = concrete. Bennie, you can continue to think of this as Cruz Roja, but don't let them give you a transfusion if you go there feeling poorly. :D

And for those NOT in Bennie's universe, best to head for Chapala if you have a medical emergency, not Riberas. On the other hand, you might find some used wheelbarrows at Cruz Azul, in case you have a need for one.

:rolleyes:

Heather

bennie2 Cruz Azul means blue cross. Azul is blue. And it is concrete.

BTW To all: It's not too late to join the Zombies. Rehearsals are great and anyone can learn. Remember we are dancing Zombies and this is not Broadway!! LOL

THANKS go girl! You are so right! We're learning the MJ Choreography to "Thriller" to the best of our abilities. AND, I must admit as the helper this year, you are doing GREAT! I'm so proud of the Ajijic Zombies and Queen Elliott is going to be so proud of your hard work.

It isn't too late to join us! C'mon out with comfy clothes and shoes and have some fun, exercise and participate in a great community event. Hoping to see new "zombie wannabes" this Wednesday from 5-7 pm at the bar above Club Exotica behind El Jardin in the Ajijic Plaza.

Even if you don't want to dance, c'mon on out and watch a rehearsal, enjoy a cocktail, play a game of pool and cheer us on! Cheers/Salud and hugs to all!

I might add to Zombie Val's comments... all the dance lessons for Thriller are on the website for the official event, here: http://thrilltheworld.com/video-links/

They're broken down into individual steps, as well as showing the full dance. You can also download the dance "script" and the song, so you can learn or practice at home. Even if you're just starting, you can learn the dance in plenty of time!

Contrary to rumor, the Zombies will NOT be adding a wheelbarrow component to the steps this year.

Heather

I think we are straying off the topic here. Does it matter if Azul means Blue or red? No! Does it matter if Bennie got her X-ray at Cruz azul or Cruz roja? No! Maybe they have x-ray machines at both, did you ever think of that? If Bennie was at the Cruz azul, so what, they got a picture of her insides anyway. Maybe they have a photocopier that is strong enough to see through her meat to her bones. Why do you think they are called X-eroX copiers?

OK - back on track people - with this slight diversion - NO MORE ZOMBIES FOR THEVARELIE! Zombies smack of Satan - the undead... they are to be avoided at all costs. What if a bunch of real zombies are passing and they see our fake zombies and decide this is a nice place to live, just like you put fake geese in water to attract the real geese? We could have an inundation of zombies! That would be thevarelie's fault.

Seriously folks, stay away from the Zombie thing. If you have seen The Walking Dead, you know how dangerous they can be - it's worse than e-bola - and they are in Georgia where, I believe thevarelie is from.

This film - Thriller in Ajijic encourages Zombies. Stay away from it!!!

Archived