Chapala.com Webboard

10 more tickets available!

By the way, I stayed for the credits and that's where I saw the attack on poor Tom Sneddon. Fine, I'll agree that Michael Jackson might be considered as helping the red cross after his demise, just because they get to use his music, but all that stuff about Tom Sneddon sinking into the La Brea Tar-pits is blasphemy!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I stayed for the credits and that's where I saw the attack on poor Tom Sneddon. Fine, I'll agree that Michael Jackson might be considered as helping the red cross after his demise, just because they get to use his music, but all that stuff about Tom Sneddon sinking into the La Brea Tar-pits is blasphemy!

Unless you think Tom Sneddon is god there was no blasphemy. Your misuse/ignorance of the word demeans god.

TomSteele... Thanks for staying to view the credits. A lot of people missed some excellent humor by heading for the doors. Also, there were some very helpful people and groups that helped with the movie and only got their kudos there.

Heather

Guest bennie2

luisa, not angry, not an issue. what i am saying (which may go above your head) is that marketing is important. ever hear the term the "voice of the company"? now there is much connection between ugly old monsters & the red cross that (in my mind) the 2 are one. advertising is powerful. i cant think of the red cross in same way, SO i will go to ajijic clinic if an emergency. (no dnations either). as i said numermous times: i am in the minority. so what ever they are doing for fund raising is working. btw, idea of even thinking about michael jacksons face is grotesque. tomsteele thankyou for caring, but support is irrevelant to me.

now there is much connection between ugly old monsters & the red cross that (in my mind) the 2 are one.

The operative words being "in my mind",which I imagine could be very scary place indeed,full of old ugly monsters and now zombies...

Hey FordTruckMan... God is spelled with a capital "G" buddy, not a small "g" so who's "misuse/ignorance of the word demeans god" now?! I bet you spell satan with a respectful capital "s!"

All I am saying is that it is a blasphemy that that Champion of all that is good and right, Tom Sneddon, being told to jump in the La Brea tar pits, is blasphemy... kinda like Fordtruckman is blasphemy to chevynovawoman! These film-makers obviously have no respect for the law. They are johnny scoff-laws and should have their feet held to a fire. You should see this film! Go see it and tell me it's not blasphemous. Just because you have two dots under your name and I only have one!

Well, as they say, "any publicity is good publicity". I hope to laugh all the way to an Independent Film Distributor!

Valerie :)

Oh yes Bennie, I bought the ticket. I hadn't seen the Trailerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....sorry, my keyboard has Tourette's Syndrome. I hadn't seen the trailer and I wanted to help the RC. I would still help the Red Cross because they are the only ambulance in town and they get called a lot and deliver people free. Also, their clinic is not too expensive. However, when I saw the film I could not believe how transparently anti Christ it is and how it laughs at Good Old American Religion! AND I am sure the writer of this movie is a real bleeding heart liberal. He also wrote a scene where a Shaman fixes a problem which is against what the Pastor Wants and so VooDoo is stronger than Christianity, is the message.

Guest bennie2

tomsteel, i heard the ambulance is quite expensive for the RC. (??) i know zero about any thing you are talking about in reference to the film. by what you do say, plus the trailer, the filmmakers are far left "progressives". we dont use the world liberal anymore since it has gone way past its older meaning. i also didnt see a bleeding heart thing in that trailer. it seemed kind of hostile. but again, they are getting PR from the thread, raising $. looks like it worked to their advantage.

"... looks like it worked to their advantage."

Yup, thanks to a couple of people who have kept this thread going long after its shelf life should have been over, way more people are now aware of this film. People had fun making it and watching it. An emergency medical service received a much-needed donation. And. other people got to enjoy their favorite emotion: righteous indignation. Talk about bang for your peso!

For those who DID see the movie, we'd welcome your comments on our Facebook Page or Website (especially if they're positive comments! :) ):

https://www.facebook.com/ThrillerInAjijic

http://www.thrillerinajijic.com/

Negative commenters are well served by this thread, where you can meet like-minded individuals and collectively plan your protest for whatever future showing there might be.

Heather

I have been praying against this project and I believe God answered my prayers. By the way Bennie, thank you for the correction. I thought "Liberals" was a dirty word, but you are right, "Progressives" is even worse. We are surrounded by progressives, doing their best to change the world and progress to a new and terrifying world of secularism, blasphemy and free thought. This is happening because we don't protest movies like "Thriller in Ajijic." The Progressives are always pushing the boundaries, pushing the envelope, trying to see what they can get away with. If we (and I mean us conservatives and Christians) actually stopped and made a stand and said: "We're not going to take any more nonsense from the LEFT and the atheists, we could stop this progress. Let's all do the wheel-barrow protest when they put the film on when the snow-birds return.

Archived