Chapala.com Webboard

10 more tickets available!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don´t know. Wheelbarrows are bulky and could create a traffic hazard at the protest. Maybe Have Hammers could make miniature wheelbarrows, plain wood and sell them. People could paint and decorate theirs and bring them to the protest. Maybe a prize for the best one? The possibilities here are endless!

Guest bennie2

thomsteele, i agree w/you. but- if the red cross is o.k. w/the film then who are we to object? it is free speech after all. have no way to see this film, sounds obnoxious. the trailer was ugly enough. still a mystery if this "pastor" is fictional or based upon a true story (??) whats up w/this "protest" b.s.? quite frankly i dont give a dxxm. i used to support that org but wont now. why? if something's in my face i push it away. there are several requests on this forum addressed to me (for $).

Hahahahahaha. Oh, Bennie, you are a laugh riot. Tom´s leg pulling was good but I think yours is even better. It almost sounds as though you really mean it. Good job! Tom, see how she did that there? Read and learn from the master.

An amateur actor was playing the part of a pastor. In the movie, he stated his "credentials" were that he had taken a course in religion in HS-something like that, don't remember the exact "credentials" he quoted. The movie was funny and farcical. People paid the cost of the movie and part of the cost of the ticket was for a donation to Cruz Roja. I understand 16,000 pesos were raised for the CR.

On another note, in 1995 when I moved here, I was surprised at the kids in the plaza saying "queremos Halloween" but as far as I know, they weren't ringing doorbells. I know that quite a few Mexican Moms don't care for Halloween overshadowing the traditional Day of the Dead, which has much more culture and meaning than the commercial Halloween.

However, in the years I have lived here, I have inquired of the neighbors about how many young kids live on my block and around the corner, and I made up bags of candy and went to each house in the afternoon of the 31st and delivered the candy to the youngsters. I enjoyed doing that and the parents seemed more than ok with it. I never open my door if it rings that night. Since I live in a mostly Mexican neighborhood, there are few door-ringers anyway.

Now, all those little kids are grown men and women, and I don't make up bags any more.

It's easy to trivialize what a person says by pretending they are pulling legs. Bennie, if we don't make our opinions known by protesting this movie, which I think will be replayed in December for the returning snow birds, we are accessories to this left wing, anti Christian nonsense. We have free speech rights too. I like the idea of tiny wheel barrows painted up with pro-GOP slogans and pro Pastor Twees slogans. Being Republican is patriotic. Being Christian is nothing to be ashamed of and IMO this film is a lot like "Life of Brian" in the sense that it makes a mockery of Chritianity. Those of you who haven't seen the trailer go to you tube and type in thriller in ajijic trailer. Watch and then tell me it's not anti GOP and anti Christianity!

Guest bennie2

tom, speak for yourself i am no ones "accessory". libertarian, live&let live. if i am active, it is in my w/in country. this is a non issue. as i said, the choice of the film was the decision of the red cross. im sure there are catholic mexicans on the board of directors (??) what is your problem w/some elderly retired folks seeing the film? if THEY dont like it they will walk out. if they dont so what? im trying to find the dog in your fight. entertaining the forum? anyway it IS fashionable to attack christianity, worldwide. the people involved in the film follow the mainstream partyline. most snowbirds are partyline. nothing new. to raise $ you have to market to the group w/the purse strings.

Umm... Not to be an accessory to inciting a protest of this fine film, but if anybody wants to see the Trailer, you can also catch it on the "Thriller in Ajijic" official movie website Gallery Page: http://www.thrillerinajijic.com/gallery.html

Check the rest of the website for details about the movie, and form your own opinion!

Heather

Guest bennie2

have heard to term "consenses reality". which was meant as the mainstream, most people, the majority. possibly it was not used in the correct way.

Sheesh, indeed! Thrill the World is a yearly, worldwide, synchronized commemoration of Micheal Jackson since his untimely death a few years ago. It was organized by Ines Markeljevic who adapted Micheal Peter's original choreography for MJs video, so that untrained dancers all over the world could perform this dance live.

Is it "Only In Ajijic" that this event could have morphed into a local fundraiser which became the springboard for a screenplay for a movie which poked fun at a few local types? Thrill the World does not even have a Board of Directors! Some of us Zombies were a tad disappointed that the movie was not a documentary about...us!

Can we all just have a moment of silence to remember the great Michael Jackson?

Just to bring this all back down to earth, here is a short version of Michael Jackson's original Thriller video, shot over 30 years ago:

And here is a blurb about the original event:

Ezpz, thanks for the videos. Having watched the Zombies here rehearsing for so long, it's easy to forget some of the brilliant "extra" moves from the original. I like the original event video, stating that her oldest dancer doing the choreography is in his 50's. Ha! I wonder how the Ajijic age average compares with other events around the world. :)

Speaking of which, don't forget that the Ajijic Zombies are gearing up for rehearsals in preparation for the 2014 event. Everything you need to know about participating or supporting the Zombies is available at the local "Thrill" website: http://ttwajijic.blogspot.mx/

Heather

Bennie, many "Thrill the World" events select a charity to benefit with donations as part of their performance. Different groups around the world have different charities... Cruz Roja (in Chapala, not in general) is just the group that Ajijic Zombies have elected to support. It's totally voluntary, and there is no connection, other than Michael Jackson's original music and choreography being what's used for the event.

Heather

Guest bennie2

didnt know it was a world wide event. guess im pulled into image & marketing. once something is drilled into my mind, it's hard to separate. what ever works for you.

One thing I noticed on the film is they really gave tons of props to Michael Jackson and they truly disrespected Tom Sneddon, the prosecutor who went after him. That's not a good thing. Prosecutors are there to protect us and the should be obeyed, respected, and infallible. Bennie, you write like a woman, so I am assuming you are. You go girl-friend, you have supporters here.

Archived