Chapala.com Webboard

10 more tickets available!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not imagine how that film was anti-GOP. I can see why some might be offended by the pastor who took a class on theology in HS. I enjoyed the movie, it was fun.

I did find the sub-titles hard to read, not enough contrast. And the chairs were uncomfortable for my tush after a while.

Congratulations to all involved.

Seems they edited out the Republican party line - good for them.

Nope, I have it on good authority that the "How many Republicans does it take to screw in a light bulb" line was not edited out, it was never in the movie. It was added to the trailer just to get our goat. In fact I happen to know that in fact they do not know how many republicans it takes, so that's a crock. That's OK, when they meet satan (who is NOT Dick Cheney, Mr. smarty-pants cbviajero), they will be making all sorts of excuses as to why they made fun of a pastor who is only trying to be the Lakeside Moral Guardian and rid the lakeside of satan and his minions. I think we should all see this movie if they put it on again and then stage a protest!

Guest bennie2

tomsteele, so the pastor part is in the film? the movie is not for mexicans its for expats, the purpose to get them to donate $. correct? as for a "protest" thats not for you to do. the redcross is run by mexicans & its thier call. if they like the fundraising tactic then its thier business. it is a turnoff for me personally, a silly joe-collegy kind of approach. i wouldnt give 3cents. i equate the redcross w/medical, now its something else which is kind of creepy.

I grew up Catholic and could never understand how Christianity which is supposed to be founded on what Jesus believed, can have a Hell and devils since Jesus was a Jew did not believe in Hell and devils. Those beliefs came from the pagan Greeks and Romans.

Why would a pastor care about pagan beliefs unless he doesn't know those beliefs are pagan. Anyone can get an online degree in Divinity. It isn't that hard.

valerieleigh, the trailer is well edited & directed, professional. personally i did not like the imagary it was unattractive kind of depressing, not my taste. i give it a low rating for the content but 5 stars for the form. i guess there isnt a pastor in the trailer! the comment about the republicrats was unnecessary. (but yet so true as the party is has fallen apart). btw, tomsteele- holloween is celebrated in mexico, the children like it. not my thing, but that is a fact.

I don't know what pastor tomsteele is describing. That is Earl playing the pastor in the film and Earl is not a pastor.

It's just a silly film. All comedy makes fun of someone or something. Clouseau made fun of French police detectives and is still one of my favorites.

That's OK, when they meet satan (who is NOT Dick Cheney, Mr. smarty-pants cbviajero), they will be making all sorts of excuses as to why they made fun of a pastor who is only trying to be the Lakeside Moral Guardian and rid the lakeside of satan and his minions.

You're cracking me up,tomsteele,do you really think the folks involved in the fund raiser for the Red Cross are going to hell for their participation in it?You're pulling our collective legs aren't you??

BTW,I never said dick cheney was SATAN,he's more like the DEVIL incarnate or perhaps SATANS evil twin.

Tomsteele is right. No one knows how many Republicans it takes to screw in a light bulb. There currently is a research project at Stanford to determine the answer.

I personally will be happy when the Lakeside Moral Guardians rid the area of satan and his minions. They spoil everything around here. They make humorous films and raise money for emergency medical services and all sorts of nefarious stuff.
I agree that another showing of this film should be held ASAP so the anti-satan LMG can protest and clash with the zombies on the plaza. Hey, wait, maybe that could be filmed and....

Guest bennie2

each to his own. if it raised $ than what ever. be careful how you market things, images stick. that can work for you or against you. in this case it worked out, the event was a success. if i was a donor of sorts i would not give, but im in the minority.

You're cracking me up,tomsteele,do you really think the folks involved in the fund raiser for the Red Cross are going to hell for their participation in it?You're pulling our collective legs aren't you??

BTW,I never said dick cheney was SATAN,he's more like the DEVIL incarnate or perhaps SATANS evil twin.

Wouldn't Lucifer outrank Satan? Cheney is probably more like Beelzebub who tempted people with pride and was over gluttony. I don't know, getting into devil mythology is like astrology. It can be too complicated.

Hmm. Very interesting "banter."

I read, somewhere, that Mexican children do not celebrate Halloween (the secularization of All Hallows' Eve/All Saints' Day/All Souls), but some wear masks or face paint in a form of integrating aspects of Halloween into Day of the Dead practices.

Hmm. Very interesting "banter."

I read, somewhere, that Mexican children do not celebrate Halloween (the secularization of All Hallows' Eve/All Saints' Day/All Souls), but some wear masks or face paint in a form of integrating aspects of Halloween into Day of the Dead practices.

Halloween hasn't really caught on in our colonia in Guadalajara,at the most we get a dozen or so trick or treaters,it could be different in other areas.

There are those who do, those who support those who do, and those who sit back and come up with a reason to pass judgement. I've participated in Thrill the World for several years, and there are hundreds of us (Mexicans AND expats) who come together, have a whole lot of fun, get great exercise, and raise tens of thousands of pesos for our local Cruz Roja. The movie was a fun bi product of last year's event. This year, the event will happen again, and again, there will be those who do, those who support those who do, and those that sit back and judge. I know to which group I will belong.

As Viajero said, Halloween participation here varies by location. The kids go where there is a concentration of foreigners. They have learned that on October 31, walking through the streets yelling "Halloween!" will get them free candy. What a deal! In my Chapala barrio there are not enough foreigners for the new tradition to catch on.

In over a decade in Chapala, on a popular street, we have never had any of the “queremos halloween“ kids ring our bell. Not one. Yes, they do go to the expat enclaves, where the pickings are better and concentrated. That makes driving a van full of kids to one spot more convenient. More for all and faster, too.

... as for the zombie approach, i would pay NOT to ever have to see this.

I guarantee you will NOT be forced to ever have to see the movie. So how much were you planning to pay for this service? In your case, we'll make an exception and donate the entire payment amount to Cruz Roja! :)

Look, all I'm going to say is: you need to see this movie... you cannot rely on the trailer alone. The obvious disdain for a good Christian minister is glaring! I don't know who this minister is or was, but they don't respect him at all and he is just trying to rid the community of satan and raise funds for the local Indian tribes. There's even a part where an old man gives a blessing from a wheel-barrow!!!! How wrong is that? You go Bennie, you are right about most things. They even suggest that a Shaman can outwit a preacher. They deal in the occult and there is a part where the Shaman sprinkles a white powder (anthrax?) on the steps of the City Hall so they can get their permit to perform the dance as zombies! Zombies! The undead! How is this not anti-Christian. The person who wrote the script is probably a flaming left wing liberal communist, because communists are atheist! I think we need to protest the film and let the community know that there are decent Americans living lake-side.

Look, all I'm going to say is: you need to see this movie... you cannot rely on the trailer alone. The obvious disdain for a good Christian minister is glaring! I don't know who this minister is or was, but they don't respect him at all and he is just trying to rid the community of satan and raise funds for the local Indian tribes. There's even a part where an old man gives a blessing from a wheel-barrow!!!! How wrong is that? You go Bennie, you are right about most things. They even suggest that a Shaman can outwit a preacher. They deal in the occult and there is a part where the Shaman sprinkles a white powder (anthrax?) on the steps of the City Hall so they can get their permit to perform the dance as zombies! Zombies! The undead! How is this not anti-Christian. The person who wrote the script is probably a flaming left wing liberal communist, because communists are atheist! I think we need to protest the film and let the community know that there are decent Americans living lake-side.

Now I'm sure that you are pulling our legs.

The parts about the wheelbarrow,ridding the community of SATAN,bennie,anthrax and commies...BRILLIANT!

What a marvelous sense of tongue in cheek humor!!!

Archived