Chapala.com Webboard

10 more tickets available!

We were at Club Exotica several times today to ensure everything would be in order for tomorrow. They were placing the chairs and we learned that instead of 300, there are actually 310 chairs available. If you are interested and missed out on the opportunity, it looks like there are 10 more seats than we realized.

Please arrive in the Ajijic Plaza before 5:30 when the Red Carpet Premiere begins (in front of la Casa Cultural) and talk with Margy who will have a table set up to sell the remaining 10 seats. It's turning out to be a great fundraiser for la Cruz Roja in Chapala. At this point. we have sold 300 tickets with $50 pesos of each ticket going directly to help la Cruz Roja!

It's a fun opportunity to don your best duds, come out and support your favorite Stars and benefit Cruz Roja all at the same time. Be there in time to get a great spot to see the Red Carpet Interviews and get one of the final tickets for the film, "Thriller in Ajijic".

See you there!

Val Jones

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everyone has, or appreciates a religion, or party of any flavor, and the two seem to go hand in hand; don‘t you think? Of course, we cannot argue those points here, so you will just have to forgive them and join us in applauding the effort and the good cause. Cruz Roja may have to save your life or mine one day.

northernnewbie: Please, please, please..... relax!. It is not a documentary..... its supposed to be fun. I am quite sure the people making the film were not thinking: geez... how can we piss off the Christians and Republicans and promote our liberal agenda!

And, truth be told, all of the people I met (and there were not very many) who objected to the entire Thriller effort and seeing zombies walk around, were conservative religious people. Then again..... there were conservative religious people, who have a sense of humor and know how to have good clean fun, who participated.

Have an open mind, enjoy the effort put in by these creative folks, support the red cross or....... please let the rest of us enjoy.

I am happy because I have an excuse to wear my hair extensions. I love getting dressed up!

I have enjoyed watching the Zombie dances and applaud this playful movie. I think it is wonderful also that Cruz Roja will benefit from the event.

Thank you to everyone who put so much time and effort into a production that will bring laughter into a world that needs it so much, now more than ever. We are created in God´s image, so we know she has a sense of humor.

There is no anti-anything about the film. However, there are some very strange people who even object to Halloween, or the celebrations of festivals in other cultures. How misguided is that?

Thanks to the great supporters of Cruz Roja and the Stars in the film, we had a wonderful World Premiere Gala including the Red Carpet and the screening of the film. There were lots of smiles and laughter. It's always rewarding to bring joy and happiness into lives.

We will be making a donation to Cruz Roja today and will announce the final amount at that time. Once again, we thank you for your support of the event and Cruz Roja!

Rock on Zombies!

Val Jones :)

I agree with Newbie... I saw the trailer and the movie. It does mock that good pastor. People don't realize how hard it is to get a degree in theology. He was looking after the community in opposing the dance because it is a Zombie dance which is the undead and certainly smacks of satanism. (I refuse to write satan's name with a capital letter.) Also it does seem to mock the GOP in the trailer... although it does not exactly mention how many republicans it takes to screw in a light-bulb, I am sure they think it would take many! I wish you would take your liberal views and go live in your own country! Sta away from this one!

Guest bennie2

tomsteele, are you saying that the pastor in ajijc objected to this film? the only thing i see on youtube (2013) is some old people dancing, but nothing else. where can i see the trailer?

You can see the trailer for "Thriller in Ajijic" at www.thrillerinajijic.com or if you are on Facebook, go to the Thriller in Ajijic page. The trailer is only about 90 seconds long. Hope you like it.

Val :)

Guest bennie2

valerieleigh, the trailer is well edited & directed, professional. personally i did not like the imagary it was unattractive kind of depressing, not my taste. i give it a low rating for the content but 5 stars for the form. i guess there isnt a pastor in the trailer! the comment about the republicrats was unnecessary. (but yet so true as the party is has fallen apart). btw, tomsteele- holloween is celebrated in mexico, the children like it. not my thing, but that is a fact.

I can not imagine how that film was anti-GOP. I can see why some might be offended by the pastor who took a class on theology in HS. I enjoyed the movie, it was fun.

I did find the sub-titles hard to read, not enough contrast. And the chairs were uncomfortable for my tush after a while.

Congratulations to all involved.

Thanks for your observations, everyone. The Subtitles were done in yellow with black outline but somehow when the film started, they were suddenly white! EEEK! The film was made in Ultra High Definition but with the projection equipment and white screen, much of that fine detail was not visible.

We are hoping to offer an additional viewing when the Snowbirds arrive and would like to be able to have this at the Cinemas at Plaza Bouganbillas. The largest sala there only holds 206 people so it wasn't an option for the World Premiere but should be just fine for a second showing. Also, we were unable to gain access to the Cinema before 7:30 pm and knew that with the Red Carpet Gala festivities, it would make the start of the film too late for most.

We'll get the word out when we are able to offer a second viewing, hopefully with the Ultra High Def. quality, in comfortable seats, with easier to read subtitles. We were able to give the Chapala Red Cross $16,000 pesos this afternoon. Thanks so much to everyone who supported and attended the fun event. We thank you, as does the Chapala Red Cross.

Val Jones :)

Guest bennie2

the republicrat comment didnt offend me, but i thought it was unnecessary. i didnt see how it connected w/the subject. as for the film i will pass on it.

I agree with Newbie... I saw the trailer and the movie. It does mock that good pastor. People don't realize how hard it is to get a degree in theology. He was looking after the community in opposing the dance because it is a Zombie dance which is the undead and certainly smacks of satanism. (I refuse to write satan's name with a capital letter.) Also it does seem to mock the GOP in the trailer...

I understand your refusal to write satan's name with a capital letter,I feel the same way when writing about dick cheney.

Thanks for the chuckles,tomsteele.

Guest bennie2

i think what bothered some people (like northernnewbie) is that there is an assumption that everyone is anti republican. yes the comment made sence. it was funny considering how ineffective & pussy footing most of them are. BUT for me its the last way to get me to shell out $: assume you know who i am, no im not on your team. i didnt find most of the trailer humorous either, alot of noise & bad jokes. as for the zombie approach, i would pay NOT to ever have to see this.

Archived