Chapala.com Webboard

Color copies are the devil

Intercasa

Please stop making color copies. I do not want to see that your $50 ink jet printer works. I see so many people make color copies of everything. People think Mexico is Disneyland and that they can make color copies of immigration documents and driver licenses and laminate them.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS FALSIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS and as such you will be arrested. Don´t whine if you think it is unfair, just pull out your fake documents next time a Texas Trooper pulls you over.

Some color copies and scans are very good, so good that people forget which copies are real and which are fake but we know and immigration knows and they will fine you or kick you out. Other police will arrest you.

If I have to bail you out of jail I will make you trash your printer and scanner!

Wait a second, amigo: You sent us to the big office in Guadalajara where the official in charge is demanding that we bring him color copies of our passports because he said that the entry and exit stamps aren't showing on black and white. He agreed that it is illegal but insists that we do it anyway ! How about that? Now what? You gonna bail us out or are we stuck in the jailhouse if we comply? :huh:

You and the guy who told you to do it will be in the same cell. If a cop tells you it is OK to run a red light are you going to do it? When confronted I can see the cop with his palms up and rolling his eyes and shrugging his shoulders. Figure out what that means.

Yes, well, we haven't done it yet. Still waiting for word from Spencer and parked at the signal.

There are some exceptions, in rare instances there are pages from a passport where a seal does not show up in black and white. Then there are people who scan and print documents in color such as immigration cards, passports, travel letters and driver licenses and try to pass them off as the real thing (even laminating them). Best practice is to use black and white copies and ones done by a notary if you want official recognition.

If you are doing something with a government office and the request something in color then you may do it for them at their request but the majority of people do it carelessly and I hope with this posting I can avoid someone getting in trouble.

There are some exceptions, in rare instances there are pages from a passport where a seal does not show up in black and white. Then there are people who scan and print documents in color such as immigration cards, passports, travel letters and driver licenses and try to pass them off as the real thing (even laminating them). Best practice is to use black and white copies and ones done by a notary if you want official recognition.

If you are doing something with a government office and the request something in color then you may do it for them at their request but the majority of people do it carelessly and I hope with this posting I can avoid someone getting in trouble.

Thanks for the clarification, Spencer.

Archived