Chapala.com Webboard

Lovers of the hamburger-Best at Lake Chapala?

mhopkins2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that my grandmother always referred to motorcycles as ‘machines‘, cars were ‘motors‘ and locomotives, which were steam in my childhood, were called ‘engines‘.

Any place that wants business, particularly if their location is not obvious, needs to have signage and advertising to at least get going until their rep is good enough, right? They don't. You look at that place from the street right now and you can't even tell it's a place.

Look at Lake Taco over by the libramiento gas station. Always busy and yet still put a coupon in the paper all the time. Because it works.

Maquina is above the papelaria Trinidad at the light at Lloyd in San Antonio.

Mario's is about 3-4 doors west of the San Antonio plaza on the mountain side of the street.

Muchas gracias!

My wife and I just returned from Perry's, where I tested his deluxe cheeseburger (7 oz. of hamburger on a delightful roll, as compared with his 5 oz. on a regular bun), and it was even better than my first. I asked waiter Josue to really put a sear on it before cooking it through, and the result was a crispy exterior--just the way I love 'em. I can't conceive of a better burger!

So far, Merendero Lake in Ajijic has the best burgers. This is a great little café, nice ambiance. My wife loves the salads, but I really like burgers, especially the specialty of the house, the Merendero Burger. There is a picture of the burger on this review website.- looks just like what I had.

http://lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/2014/02/the-merendero-lake.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had burger at the food truck by the plaza in Chapala tonight based on the comments. I really enjoyed it, nice crust on the burger, juicy and well garnished. Not what I'd categorize as a "gourmet" type burger, but beats just about and chain / franchise burger. If I had the choice of this burger NOB or eating at a chain, this place would get my business. Thanks for the tip, it was worth the visit. I'd do it again.

Although they are all different in their own ways, I have most enjoyed (in no particular order) the burgers at Bar Tomas (Chapala),Magana Cafe (Riberas) and in Ajijic at Bruno' s, Yves, Perry' s and Monte Cristo. All use excellent beef and prepare it to perfection. All have very good to excellent french fries. Bruno's fries absolutely knocked my socks off. The burger there is mesquite grilled and topped with caramelized onions. It was the last burger I had and so good I went back the next day for another one.

Archived