Chapala.com Webboard

Homeopathic Doctor

contadina

There is a world of difference between Naturopahty and Homeopathy. Dr. Elizabeth must be a Naturopath with some knowledge of basic homeopathy. I needed a fairly common remedy recently which she didn't have and I noticed that her supply of homeopathic remedies is very small.

Naturopathy works with herbal remedies. Homeopathic remedies can be made from herbs, yes, but it is not her biology.

Homeopaths have studied many, many intensive years, and most never stop studying. It is a very complicated course of study.

Many people confuse Naturopathy with Homeopathy, because they both do not use allopathic drugs.

I am not aware of homeopathic colleges in Guadalajara, but you can check with Dr. Gabriel who has a store on the Lateral kind of across from Villa Nova. I am sure also that there are places in Guadalajara that give basic homeopathy classes.

PM me if you want more info on practitioners in this area.

Dra Elizabeth sends many of her clients to a place in Ajijic that sells herbs for remedies that she doesn't provide in her store. Store inventory is not an accurate representation of her knowledge or studies.

In regards to homeopathic education in Guadalajara, a quick google search provides a bit of history:

Dear Editor:

In the Homeopathy Today issue of July/August 1998 ("Mexico — U.S. Homeopaths Meet in Guadalajara"), you said that within the public university in Guadalajara, there are no offers for homeopathy courses. Well, let me tell you that Universidad de Guadalajara, which is the second largest official university in our country, opened the Program for Studies of Alternative Medicines in 1984. Then, in 1985, we offered the first seminar on homeopathy. Since that year, we have offered eight postgraduate courses on homeopathy for medical doctors. Of course, we also offer postgraduate courses on acupuncture and natural medicine.

There is another private university here in Guadalajara which also offers postgraduate courses on homeopathy.

Remember, please, Mexico was the first country in the world that recognized officially the medical practice of homeopathy, almost one hundred years ago.

Faithfully yours,
Dr. Hector E. Solorzano, MD, DSc
University of Guadalajara http://www.homeopathycenter.org/homeopathy-today/homeopathy-today-article-no-title-34

http://www.wholehealthnow.com/homeopathy_pro/mexico.html

• 4 months later...

How effective is this type of medicine and for which ailments?

I suppose if you believe in it it might work. Look up placebo. As to what ailments, they can find a cure for just about anything.

I suppose if you believe in it it might work. Look up placebo. As to what ailments, they can find a cure for just about anything.

you don't need to believe in homeopathic medicine for it to work. i've used it to treat an autistic mexican boy of 6 who had never spoken and had 2000 seizures a month and now he goes to a special school and speaks english and is free of fits. he had no belief,but i can assure you his mother now does. also on animals....keep an open mind,do some research.

you don't need to believe in homeopathic medicine for it to work. i've used it to treat an autistic mexican boy of 6 who had never spoken and had 2000 seizures a month and now he goes to a special school and speaks english and is free of fits. he had no belief,but i can assure you his mother now does. also on animals....keep an open mind,do some research.

I am open minded and I have done research, by reputable scientists not proponents of homeopathy. There is no scientific reason why homeopathy would work. As to the autistic child I would like to know more because my grandson is 6 and autistic, doesn't speak, fortunately no seizures.

Homeopathy, which I have been using since the 70's, works. There is no one remedy for a specific problem. It treats the person, not the name of the illness. Your migraine headache, sore throat, or belly ache would have different symptoms than mine. I did not wake up one day and decide I like homeopathy. I tried it when I had a problem that allopathy couldn't help. It worked, so I tried it another time. It worked. I had an open mind, but not a stupid "belief" in it.

I am 75 years old and am very healthy. Unlike most people my age, I don't take a bunch of meds, I don't have to run to the doctor often, but would have no hesitation using allopathics if my homeopathic treatment didn't work.

The allopathic system often doesn't cure, it might alleviate some symptoms but the side effects of the meds can bring on more problems, which need more meds, etc. And BIG PHARMA makes more money. Homeopathy works to strengthen your immune system so the body does its own healing. No one person has the same makeup as anyone else.

The British Royals have been using homeopathy for generations. They seem to do well with it, don't you think?

• 3 years later...

Homeopathy was extensively studied in France by the government since it could have been included in their universal healthcare program. They could not find positive evidence of amelioration in conditions in patients treated with homeopathic treatment versus those who were offered placebo treatment.

Archived