Chapala.com Webboard

Diane Spiehler's Death & Her Pets

10 dogs and one cat??? POOR cat.

And how is it that she managed to accumulate 10 dogs? If she made no provision for their future, she was not "saving" them except during the time she had them. I hope they are lucky and find good homes.

Just another of the far too many examples of people who love their pets and do right by them, EXCEPT be sure to make provision for them in the event of the inevitable.

Wake up people! WE ALL die. Often our pets will outlive us. MAKE ARRANGEMENTS NOW for their continued care in whatever manner you can. But please don't kid yourself -- your friends will not be willing a/o able to automatically step in and take them over. (Yes, we have made arrangments for all of our dogs and cats.)

And I hope homes are found for all these sweethearts very soon.

This thread was started to help find homes for well-loved animals whose owner suddenly died. Friends HAVE stepped in to care for the animals and help find homes for them. That is what the post is about.

If you have no help to offer but want to judge a dead woman and lecture the rest of us, please start a new thread.

This thread was started to help find homes for well-loved animals whose owner suddenly died. Friends HAVE stepped in to care for the animals and help find homes for them. That is what the post is about.

If you have no help to offer but want to judge a dead woman and lecture the rest of us, please start a new thread.

Thank you. You were much more diplomatic than I would have been.

Thank you Xena. I was appalled when a read "those" posts. Thank you so much for saying something. We do what we can. I have many friends that have large "families". We all know we are gonna die. Some sooner some later. Thank God for the people that try and improve the lives of many of the abandoned street dogs and cats. The gift of love will always remain with these animals. If they survive their owner so be it. Who could begrudge them that love and peace?

Judging Diane was NOT the point.

Using the situation her animals find themselves in was..... and the post was intended as a wake-up to the rest of you out there that have not thought ahead and made provision for "the day".

And I repeat, I hope all of her babies that still need homes are placed soon.

Here are the photos marked with numbers with a brief description following. (*) means interest has been expressed but they are NOT yet adopted. Thank you!

diane_10.jpg

1 White with black Male Small Jack Russell Terrier Young Barks, nervous In Dr. Borrego’s office for adoption

*2 White Male Medium Maltese/terrier mix Young Sweet

*3 White with brown and black spots. Blue eyes Female Large Australian Shepherd mix 6 months Shy

*4 Black, brown, white chest Female Medium Doberman mix 10 months

5 Honey Female Large German Shepherd mix Old Fat

6 name Oliver, Black and brown Male Large Alaskan mix ? Likes to run away

7 Honey Female Large German Shepherd mix 2 years Good shape, sweet

8 name Franchesca Black with brown markings Female Medium Pinscher mix ? Fat

9 White with brown spots Male Small Terrier mix ?

*10 cat Gray long hair Female? Small ? Young Sweet, in doors

There are possibly 2 more cats: 1 black and 1 gray tabby, but I am not sure if they are feral or tame

A couple of updates. You can also call Elaine 331 225 8072 or Peter 331 323 0893 for more information.

I went by Dr. Borrego’s office in the Pet Store next to Soriana to see the little Jack Russell Terrier. He has calmed down but will always be high energy due to the breed. Dr. Borrego says he is about 5 years old and is still understandably upset over Diane's death. He is #1 in the poster above and would make a perfect companion for the right person.

Latest updates!

di_sdo10.jpg

Franchesca (adopted)

George the Chihuahua (adopted)

Oliver (adopted)

Micaela (adopted)

Victoria (adopted)

A Pug (adopted)

Available for adoption: both of the "teen-age puppies" (don't know which)...one black and tan, one merle, both female

Available for adoption: the dog photographed twice ("A" and "B") male, medium size German Shepherd mix

Nicolas: (went to Dr. Borrego to be groomed, and boarded there, don't know if he's still available or not) white poodle mix, medium size #2 in first photo

Amanda: Small black and white female, (with Dr. Borrego, don't know if she's still available or not) #1 in first photo

Thanks for all your help - the community has really stepped up to help these much loved dogs of a true friend of local pets

I am totally confused but that is nothing unusual. I went by Dr Borrego's (pet store, grooming shop & Vet next to Soriana). Dr Marcos said the white poodle like dog has been adopted. They have the Jack Russell Terrier, #1 on the earlier chart; a small white & brown terrier mix (a real sweetie BTW) #9 on the earlier chart; and what looks to be the older Border Collie mix marked #6 on the earlier chart and supposed to be adopted????

Archived