Chapala.com Webboard

WANTED: Used Jetskis

nomames

Before trying any fast watercraft, I suggest kayaking. There are many hidden trees and fences under the water. It is very shallow in places. Kayaking would allow you to learn about where these objects are, and where it would be safe to jetski.

The experience of kayaking is just amazing. Try it!

Try posting on the Puerto Vallarta Scene forum. There are many jetskis down there and with school just resuming and high season being several months away I wouldn't be surprised if you could make a good deal. By mid to late September everyone is hurting for cash down there.

• 3 years later...

My name is Sergio and I'm interested in bringing jetskis to Mexico, specially to Guadalajara and surrender areas like Chapala, Ajijic, Guayabitos, Puerto Vallarta, etc. I travel twice a year from LA to Guadalajara for business. If anybody needs a toy (jetskis, boats, atvs, etc) please let me know and we can arrange something. I work for LAUSD back in LA and also do maintenance on jetskis and boats, such as carbs rebuild, etc. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you.

189241_534048993278321_2144477617_n.jpg

20170826_130429.jpg

20171021_181520.jpg

20171027_170029.jpg

20171012_194124.jpg

20171014_183504.jpg

About two years ago, I remember a  story of someone that told of how a friend of his damaged his jet ski, and  thank god he had a friend with him to help him out.

they hit an  tree stump he did not see.   the lake is very shallow.

thats why you do not see  much traffic on the lake.

theres a reason for it.

On 8/19/2014 at 1:22 PM, court0503 said:

You don't see jet skis on the lake for a good reason -- as mentioned , not safe because of submerged debris

Not so, my neighbor has 2 and have seen several come down for weekends and holidays.   Try googling jet ski guadalajara.   

Just what is needed on the lake to ruin a peaceful walk on the Ajijic Malecon...NOT!  I'd like to see those jet skis appearing here just about like I like the leaf blowers.

One nice toy often seen in California is the very shallow draft "Hobiecat" sailboat.  Easy to haul, easy to launch, speedy, and probably wouldn't have a problem with submerged objects.  Great fun, too.  There may be some here, but haven't seen them.

The kayak users seem to be having a great time without blasting noise, but some people can't seem to have a good time without going fast, making noise and annoying the hell out of other people.

On 8/18/2014 at 5:10 PM, nomames said:

I've had terrible experiences paying and getting nothing using mercadolibre.

As a Mercadolibre vendor I can't understand this coment. My buyers are 100% protected. If you pay usimg Mercadopago I do not receive any money until the buyer receives the product. If they are unhappy Mercadolibre protects them and they can receive a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ArizonaNino said:

yea tbh i heard the lake sucks ### , apart from all the debri in it , and it being shallow , i heard the sewage waste from gdl is dumped in there...so no one wants to go in really.

Yup. You heard right. The sewage water from a million and a half people in Guadalajara is dumped into Lake Chapala. 

10 hours ago, ArizonaNino said:

yea tbh i heard the lake sucks ### , apart from all the debri in it , and it being shallow , i heard the sewage waste from gdl is dumped in there...so no one wants to go in really.

Yes, there is a constant convoy of huge dump trucks driving 35 miles each way to dump human waste into Lake Chapala 24 hours a day, which is why it is so shallow and full of sh*t, much like your comments.

Hello Chris,

Good study which will require more time for me to evaluate the actual health condition of the lake based on the results available.

The WQI-NSF Sampling campaign diagnostics results show the following.

2 good results

13 medium results

4 bad results.

The 2 good results are not even shown on the sampling map

The 13 medium results are border line bad

In other words from what I can see and understand from the data provided is that the lake chapala water quality is in essence border line bad.

Archived