Chapala.com Webboard

Financial Advisor

kbiohio

Does anyone have a referral to a good financial advisor - who is specifically licensed in both Mexico and the U.S.?

I located one gentleman in Oregon, who also lives in San Miguel de Allende part of the year. He appeared to be fantastic, but then I found out the minimum portfolio value he will manage is 1 million USD. Okay... I'm 40 y.o. and have not come anywhere close to accumulating that kind of money.

Thanks in advance for any thoughtful advice.

Pm me

I am a retired financial planner and tax accountant.

I can advise how to keep your money in the united state safely when you have less than million.

in a secured account that you control without any 1% or 2% advisor fees

And I can advise what banks and investment I use here in Mexico.

usually I ask a fee of $100 to advise anyone, all money goes to have hammers carpentry school in Riberas.

You can pay them directly.the donation

you can even pay it there website with a credit card

if anyone else wants to donate please use the website

www.havehammer.org

click link donate

I didn't believe that there is any such animal as a licensed financial advisor but there are individuals that are certified by professional organizations. If you havn't at least several hundred thousand dollars I would just open an account with one of the larger better know investment houses in the States. You won't get a shot at any hot IPOs but you probably will get reasonably competent advise for modest fees. I suspect you will find they recommend mutual funds or ETFs. I'd be careful about Mexico although ti think it has a bright future and you are young there may well be a good deal of short term volatility. Please don't think me rude but the simplicity of your question in an indication that at least in the beginning you should deal with someone who has been trained by and has access to the research of established brokerage firms. Get your feet wet before you take a bolder approach.

Here in Mexico there is no licensing but there is a certification from the AMIB, Mexican Association of Financial Intermediaries, I have the certification in mortgage lending. To get it they check your credit rating, make you take classes and an exam, better than nothing.

traderspoc - do you have experience in 72t?

I did, took all my money out of it the last couple of years, drew a monthly income on it and then when the market took a shit I lost a lot of money, so closed the account. Took 1/2 money out in Dec. & the other 1/2 in Jan. paid the penalties. It was good while the markets were up but when they took a you know what money went down fast.

yes as a financial planner I worked, fidelity, vanguard Tiaa cref, and other companies. etc where a client has a qualified plan. ( IRA etc)

to set up 72T distributions.

I take it you are under 59 1/2 and want to access income from your qualified plan.

I am retired I would not make any commission from helping you.

a licensed active advisor usually gets 6% to 8% commission in the US to set up this plan.

we want to avoid those fees. For example on $40,000 that would be 6% x 4 $ 2400 dollars paid to the advisor by the investment company for setting up the plan.

just ask $100 US donation to HAVE HAMMERS CARPENTRY SCHOOL.

I would help you set a distribution with your investment company, that meets your financial goals and make sure this is the right direction for you to go in.

The 72T distribution has its strength and weaknesses its not for everyone.

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2014 at 3:56 PM, traderspoc said:

Pm me

I am a retired financial planner and tax accountant.

I can advise how to keep your money in the united state safely when you have less than million.

in a secured account that you control without any 1% or 2% advisor fees

And I can advise what banks and investment I use here in Mexico.

usually I ask a fee of $100 to advise anyone, all money goes to have hammers carpentry school in Riberas.

You can pay them directly.the donation

you can even pay it there website with a credit card

if anyone else wants to donate please use the website

www.havehammer.org

click link donate

Traderspoc, are you still lakeside?  Tried to PM you and it said you weren't taking messages.  I'd like to get in touch with you if you are still lakeside.

Archived