Chapala.com Webboard

RIP Robin Williams

hensley

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is in the mexico general section? plese explain the connection.

Oh get over it! This is a community board about the life of the community. We often share our grief as well as our happiness. If you just can't stand that, go elsewhere.

Guest bennie2

pogo, this board is for life in mexico, didnt know it was also a social board. this news is 24/7 world wide. he wasnt a mexican actor, so im not "getting" it.

You don´t need to "get it" Bennie. You also do not need to nag, whine and complain. If the postings are not suitable for this board, a mod will lock it.

In the meantime, you are off topic--something you love to criticize others for.

Guest bennie2

xena i thought the topic was off topic, then again we do have mods. i was trying to connect him to mexico. i dont know much about the person, only that i saw him once in a movie. whatever.

I was surprised to learn today just how popular Robin Williams was in Mexico. My Spanish teacher said that Facebook and other social media are full of comments about his death. I told my teacher that I was surprised because it seemed to me much of his comedy wouldn't be understood unless you were from the US (or places similar). He said he was famous for his film work, which makes sense. Sad news about an amazingly talented human.

this is in the mexico general section? please explain the connection.

I didn't know where to post it and the Mods moved it to where they wanted it, fine with me.

Very sad indeed,,,,, He once mentioned Jonathan Winters was his hero. They actually have a skit with both of them making everyone laugh and laugh.

I hope he is happy now,,,RIP

I always found his sense of humour a little childish, but maybe it is because Europeans and Americans don't have the same sense of humour (I do like the Archie Bunker style, Bill Cosby, Wanda Sykes, .....).

A lot of Americans think that the British comedies are not funny and I love them. Difficult to discuss tastes.

Archived