Chapala.com Webboard

Boomers in Paradise Medical Insurance

mhopkins2

Has anyone researched catastrophic insurance like Boomers in Paradise or policies from Parker insurance? Are medical insurance policies that cover prescriptions cost prohibitive? We've only been here a week so just starting the search. I'll take advantage of other's research, if possible.

Thanks, Mike

Have 2 friends who have Boomers policies and have used it in the past few months with no problems. Both said Valerie who sells it was very helpful. I also have it, but thankfully have not needed it. Yes, Rx insurance is cost prohibitive.

Depends your age, Boomers is great for catastrophic coverage which you can get up to age 73. Existing health problems will be excluded from coverage for the first 12 months. The premium is very reasonable.

Has anyone researched catastrophic insurance like Boomers in Paradise or policies from Parker insurance? Are medical insurance policies that cover prescriptions cost prohibitive? We've only been here a week so just starting the search. I'll take advantage of other's research, if possible.

Thanks, Mike

Sent you a PM

I've got it. Cost through Boomers is about $1,000 USD mas o ma menos per individual per year. (you join Boomers to get it). Deductible is down to $3,000 USD; maximum benefit is $750,000 USD and, for example, Cancer treatments (God forbid!) limit is $200,000 per insured per year. Air ambulance is included with a $25,000 USD limit to the nearest facility that can handle your problem. Pre-exeistings count only for the first year. If you've HPB and in that first year, you have a condition caused by it, then it is not covered, after 12 months, it is. Under a certain age, no physical is required.

Valerie (who is Blue Angel) is very upfront with all the info, We are into our second year of coverage with it. We've only used it (Thank God) for their Interconsulatation Service which was very helpful.

I've got it. Cost through Boomers is about $1,000 USD mas o ma menos per individual per year. (you join Boomers to get it). Deductible is down to $3,000 USD; maximum benefit is $750,000 USD and, for example, Cancer treatments (God forbid!) limit is $200,000 per insured per year. Air ambulance is included with a $25,000 USD limit to the nearest facility that can handle your problem. Pre-exeistings count only for the first year. If you've HPB and in that first year, you have a condition caused by it, then it is not covered, after 12 months, it is. Under a certain age, no physical is required.

Valerie (who is Blue Angel) is very upfront with all the info, We are into our second year of coverage with it. We've only used it (Thank God) for their Interconsulatation Service which was very helpful.

Is that maximum benefit per year or is it a lifetime maximum benefit? Thanks

The Focus on Mexico people also have a new group plan, the Blue Angel agent handles all this. It is also Best Doctors. You have to be very clear this is catastrophic insurance only - no gall bladders, no appendix, no cataracts - unless it was a direct result of a personal accident or disease. I mention this because their website goes into additional details.

http://www.focusonmexico.com/Mexico-Topics/Focus-Insurance/Best-Doctors-Insurance/Focus-On-Mexico-Plan-Best-Doctors-Insurance.html

My concern was that in a group plan, if everyone is clustered around a certain age group, then all of a sudden there could be a major draw on the system. This is what happened a few years ago at LCS when the insurance company they endorsed finally noticed the age of it group - and promptly cancelled the group plan and would only offer individual. In fairness, I believe they guaranteed former group member access to individual policies, but many were now too old to qualify for competing plans. They say that Best Doctors will not raise the premiums unexpectedly but then the world is now run by salespeople and lawyers - so who really knows.

The Focus on Mexico people also have a new group plan, the Blue Angel agent handles all this. It is also Best Doctors. You have to be very clear this is catastrophic insurance only - no gall bladders, no appendix, no cataracts - unless it was a direct result of a personal accident or disease. I mention this because their website goes into additional details.

http://www.focusonmexico.com/Mexico-Topics/Focus-Insurance/Best-Doctors-Insurance/Focus-On-Mexico-Plan-Best-Doctors-Insurance.html

My concern was that in a group plan, if everyone is clustered around a certain age group, then all of a sudden there could be a major draw on the system. This is what happened a few years ago at LCS when the insurance company they endorsed finally noticed the age of it group - and promptly cancelled the group plan and would only offer individual. In fairness, I believe they guaranteed former group member access to individual policies, but many were now too old to qualify for competing plans. They say that Best Doctors will not raise the premiums unexpectedly but then the world is now run by salespeople and lawyers - so who really knows.

This plan is through Best Doctors in Boston and they insure 30,000,000 people so risk is well spread out.

Archived