Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic tianguis project

HarryB

when will the improvements of the streets around the plaza take place? if it wasn't for this board we wouldn't even know about it. we are putting off painting and new signage because of the predictable dust and dirt....we're supposing that they plan on completion before the 16 de septembre celebrations.

What is the work to be done at the Ajijic tianguis?

I know one thing. I go often and the road being cobblestone is very difficult to manoeuvre. I look down most of the time and miss a lot. I just can't take the risk in falling and I'm sure it's the same for many.

The Tianguis is getting adoquin which are interlocking paver blocks down the middle 2 meters with a large pad at the top and bottom for discharging passengers with handicaps.

The work at the plaza is planned for October.

potholes are the responsibility of SIMAPA. Please call them. Sidewalks are the responsibility of the property owners. If they don't fix them complain in writing to the Delegado - giving the address.

Guest bennie2

looks like the sidewalk in front of guad pharm will never be fixed. the business is a huge corporate chain. try to fight duane reade? same thing. thought i read that you spoke w/them.

When guad farmacy was asked by the Delegado to fix their sidewalks, they offered to pay for one bag of cement (200pesos). Send a complaint in writing to the delegado about them and it will give the delegado ammunition to force the issue

Guest bennie2

i dont speak spanish. it should be a mexican writing not me. there are several mex people who sell things right near that sidewalk, & many passerbys. it happens to be the worst sidewalk i have seen yet. thats a multi million/billion $$ corp. guess they think most customers use the parking lot. they also wouldnt pay up if someone sued.

Thank you, Harry, for always offering the practical solutions for community issues.

I was just at the Farmacia today and did not even notice a problem with the sidewalk. I always walk carefully, and it is just one more place to be cautious. But, if I were bothered by it I would follow your advice.

Archived