Chapala.com Webboard

CELL PHONE AREA CODE FOR AJIJIC MEXICO

Cell: 33-0000-0000

DO IT THAT WAY.

Since you've said this is for use within Mexico, there is absolutely no reason to include the country code. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the majority of Mexicans don't even know what the country code is for Mexico. (Why would they?)

Doesn't much matter how you do the US phone #. Nobody is going to dial it (unless you're putting it there to cover your time while still in the US).

Thank you! This project is complete, thanks to all of you... much appreciated!

I suggest the following:

MX: 33-0000-0000

US: 610-000-0000

DO IT THAT WAY.

Since you've said this is for use within Mexico, there is absolutely no reason to include the country code. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the majority of Mexicans don't even know what the country code is for Mexico. (Why would they?)

Doesn't much matter how you do the US phone #. Nobody is going to dial it (unless you're putting it there to cover your time while still in the US).

What Travis Said.

Thank you so much for your help and patience....

I am sure that most of my questions seemed silly,

but it was important this information be understood.

Wait! What about the 045 or 044 one has to put BEFORE the area code and phone number when dialing form a land line? I know we do 045 at Lakeside but what do you put in Guadalajara? And what about in other areas of the country>

045 when dialing a cell phone in a different area code from your land line and 044 when dialing the same area code - it's really not that hard.

It is extras like this that can confuse... so I've concluded (Thanks to the wonderful people here) the simple 33 followed by the 8 digit phone number is best.

045 when dialing a cell phone in a different area code from your land line and 044 when dialing the same area code - it's really not that hard.

That will depend upon where you are calling from and whether you are calling from a celular or a fixed phone. Folks know which to use.

Wait! What about the 045 or 044 one has to put BEFORE the area code and phone number when dialing form a land line? I know we do 045 at Lakeside but what do you put in Guadalajara? And what about in other areas of the country>

This learning a whole new way of doing things, from language to numbers (cell phones included) should be a nice workout... keep our minds flexible... jajaja

• 5 years later...
On 8/15/2014 at 5:18 PM, PORTIMOM said:

So how would I print a number on a dog collar, so that it is understandable/not confusing?

I just received my phone number today and it reads in a format that appears like this:

+52-1-33-1000-0000

Would it be better to print it like this:

331-000-0000 or yet another way?

A Mexican would put 33 10 00 00 00  A Canadian or American would put 331 000 0000