Chapala.com Webboard

restaurants that deliver

JayBearII

I recently learned that Subway delivers, but I have no idea how to call them. I used to get pizzas delivered, but have not done that in a while; and earlier, I only did it at a place where they knew us, so they were assured of payment. Domino's delivers, but I tried them about 8 years ago and have not done so since. I am not thinking of getting into this heavily, but I would be interested in having a list of places that deliver, more or less for emergencies of one kind or another--car, health, people collapsing on your doorstep, electricity failing again, etc., etc. Seems like a good idea to have a list at hand.

I recently learned that Subway delivers, but I have no idea how to call them. I used to get pizzas delivered, but have not done that in a while; and earlier, I only did it at a place where they knew us, so they were assured of payment. Domino's delivers, but I tried them about 8 years ago and have not done so since. I am not thinking of getting into this heavily, but I would be interested in having a list of places that deliver, more or less for emergencies of one kind or another--car, health, people collapsing on your doorstep, electricity failing again, etc., etc. Seems like a good idea to have a list at hand.

Valenciana Pizza. 766 0873

subway 7665253

Trattoria Ajijic 766 3796

Hot Rod (my favorite) upstairs at plaza Bugambillas delish burritos and todadas and othe fare 766 5890

Be advised Subway and Hot Rod don't deliver after 6 not sure about trattoria

There are lots of places that deliver. But I gotta guess delivery area depends on where they are located in relation to where you are located.

The Dusty Chicken in San Antonio also delivers. Yum, yum. But sorry, I don't have their phone # handy.

I, the original inquirer, am in West Ajijic. I was hoping for more regular food, not pizza.

JayBear. If you want 'regular' food, why not go to your favourite restaurant and ask them if they would deliver your favourites to you? Just because they don't advertise that they deliver, doesn't mean they wouldn't be willing to accommodate you. It's worth a try, no?

If it was me, I wouldn't feel like hitting up all my "favorite" restaurants (which are very few and include Tango which I already know would never)... I'd be hoping for some practical experience from people here who can help with my question.

There are lots of places that deliver. But I gotta guess delivery area depends on where they are located in relation to where you are located.

The Dusty Chicken in San Antonio also delivers. Yum, yum. But sorry, I don't have their phone # handy.

I had NO idea that they deliver. Probably only in the afternoon? I will

Re: "The Dusty Chicken" delivery. Or whatever the real name is...."Amigo de Don Homer Simpson", or something like that. Best BBQ'd chicken on the planet.

I had NO idea that they deliver. Probably only in the afternoon?

Almost certainly. Only ever ordered in the afternoon. The scooter probably keeps running until they run out! ;)

I have heard it called Dusty Chicken for years and not only on the web boards. Never heard anyone call it Roadkill Chicken though. I guess it depends on the circles you travel in.

It is just west of the Coke distributor and east of Walmart. It used to be the only food vendor there, but now it is a little "restaurant" row. Look for the smoke and follow the delicious smell.

Guest bennie2

manix used to deliever to someone years ago. they were there every day almost so maybe they were special customers. they also lived closer to central.

It's also commonly known as Roadkill Chicken because of it's flattened appearance when they throw it on the grill. I only heard it called dusty chicken on this web site.

Strange but true: the actual English-language name for that style chicken is spatchcocked. Means that the backbone has been removed so that the chicken can be flattened out. In Spanish, it's deshuesado a la mariposa--butterflied.

Strange but true: the actual English-language name for that style chicken is spatchcocked. Means that the backbone has been removed so that the chicken can be flattened out. In Spanish, it's deshuesado a la mariposa--butterflied.

And in Guadalajara it's known as pollo estilo ranchero.

Archived