Chapala.com Webboard

Generic Wheat Thins, etc.

ichbinsaege

I know generics or store brands aren't everyone's favorites, but some of us don't mind, especially on certain items.

So for those who do not mind generics or store brands, Soriana has been carrying the brand Always Save. In the line they have a really good Wheat Thin style cracker for 19.50 pesos.

I have also found Honey Graham Crackers, Cheese Crackers (like cheeze-its) and Chicken Crackers (like chicken in a biscuit crackers).

They have more items throughout the store, but those are the ones I have tried.

Just thought I would give some of you a heads up.

I have been a buying the Aways Save brands at Soriana also and it love them but I noticed that they are not being replaced when they run out and when I was there a few days ago they had run out of most of what I buy. There were no more wheat Thins but lots of the other type crackers and I got the last 3 cans of Tomato soup . I hope they will restock soon. They ate a real bargain!

This post was about generics, not whether or not super lake carries the name brand and how much they are there. And fwiw, I think 29.90 for crackers, expiring or not, is a lot to spend.

Betsy: I was just there on Friday and they had a whole bunch of boxes of the "wheat thins". I did notice the soups were getting low. Since their stores nationwide are carrying he Always Save brand, not just for us gringos, one would think they would restock (but you know how it goes when you think...)

Archived