Chapala.com Webboard

Auto nationalization Without leaving home

Joyfull

Did you use their service to drive your car to the border? Did you have to go along? What were the total tolls you had to pay?

They drove my car to the border and would have returned it, however it was completed overnight, and they had two cars ready to return. I chose to drive with them in my vehicle. We dropped it off at the broker Thursday evening. At Dawn Sat morning we picked it up, did the paperwork at the border and caravanned back. They went above and beyond to have mine completed so quickly, by submitting the required paperwork in advance. I am sure mine was a Christmas miracle.

Their service includes them driving your vehicle to the border and back. As I said, mine was a combination of luck and timing. I wanted to go along and it worked out perfectly. The only official interaction I have had in Mexico that actually worked out as planned and promised.

As to the tolls, I honestly do not remember. I drive to the border often, have used the Liebramiento to Saltillo as well as used the cuotas exclusively and I know there is a way to look up the tolls online. I keep the receipts but my memory doesn't retain numbers as well as it used to.

bdlington, please change your email link for Jayme to something that is unrecognizable to web robots. These robots scour websites 24 hours a day looking for email addresses to which to send spam.

joyfull, same thing please, if you are still here.

You do have to take the car to Oscar, I believe.

There have been several recent posts on mexconnect.com regarding Oscar that say that's not the case,that they were able nationalize through him without driving to the border.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an e-mail from Oscar several days ago saying that at the present he cannot legalize cars without them being taken to the border. This is what he said, "They stoped the process [of legalizing without the car being at the border] today so maybe they start soon just we have to wait... we let you know if we have news.."

You do have to take the car to Oscar, I believe.

There were a number of positive recommendations for him on the La Manzanilla site.

Fortunately no.

Oscar sends personal emails to some of us describing his services, and he writes that his latest amparo was specifically written to over-ride the clause in the Ley Aduanera that requires that the car be presented for inspection by Aduana.

This means the Oscar can legally and easily do paper-only full imports - as long as the amparo is good.

Oscar is also one of the few people doing this who has a good history and good reputation of notifying his clients before the amparos are about to expire and notifying his clients if his amparo is being considered for being overturned.

This means that when you use Oscar, he doesn't just take your money and then scramble to do the import after his amparo has expired or been cancelled.

Fortunately no.

Oscar sends personal emails to some of us describing his services, and he writes that his latest amparo was specifically written to over-ride the clause in the Ley Aduanera that requires that the car be presented for inspection by Aduana.

This means the Oscar can legally and easily do paper-only full imports - as long as the amparo is good.

Oscar is also one of the few people doing this who has a good history and good reputation of notifying his clients before the amparos are about to expire and notifying his clients if his amparo is being considered for being overturned.

This means that when you use Oscar, he doesn't just take your money and then scramble to do the import after his amparo has expired or been cancelled.

If you read my post just previous to yours you will see that Oscar currently cannot do legalization of vehicles without the vehicle being physically present at the border.

Archived