Chapala.com Webboard

Auto nationalization Without leaving home

Joyfull

Have some friends that just arrived home today after nationalizing their vehicle on a return trip from the U.S. They did this in Nogales with Oscar Angulo there. It was all done quickly in less than a day. He told them as of just recently he can now nationalize without you bringing your car to the border. He speaks perfect English and had done many nationalizations. Do a search and you'll see lots of positive experiences with him.

Lic. Oscar Angulo

Email: ancomercial@hotmail.com

AnCo Comercializadora

Mexican Cel: 045 6311 20 10 15

US Cel: (520) 988-1936

While this is good information on a source of help for auto nationalization, I fail to understand one thing. If you have to take your car up to Nogales so Oscar can do the nationalization process, and you live at Lake Chapala or elsewhere in Mexico other than Nogales, how is this not "leaving home"?

While this is good information on a source of help for auto nationalization, I fail to understand one thing. If you have to take your car up to Nogales so Oscar can do the nationalization process, and you live at Lake Chapala or elsewhere in Mexico other than Nogales, how is this not "leaving home"?

Sounds to me like she said he can do it and you DO NOT have to go to the Border.

This is interesting,I've heard good reviews of Oscar's services,if it's true it would save me a trip to Laredo,I'll be contacting him next week.Thanks Joyfull.

I recently was told that you can have a vehicle "Regularized" at the airport in Guad and get jalisco plates. Apparantly they restrict how long you must keep the car before you can sell it. No idea if this is considered the same as nationalization. This is hearsay only. I am hoping Specer can weigh in.

The folks who just nationalized with Oscar were returning from Seattle. They had a good experience with Oscar. Oscar told them he can now do nationalizations without going to the border. Hopefully those who have used. Oscar's services will give input. Otherwise those interested should call him and also use due diligence by doing searches on this board and others with his name, then contact the people involved to get references. Maybe Oscar can give references of some who he helped without them going to the border.

Sonia has started another nationalizing program.

"I have a new process option to nationalize NAFTA made vehicles for similar or less cost as in past. Nationalizing should take 2 weeks through a registered broker. If anyone is interested, please contact me. You do not have to drive beyond the nearest PEMEX or OXXO."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonia/252211011634302?ref_type=bookmark

We can recommend Gary Keeler, 765-5138. He is the only one that is working with the "lady at the airport" that we know of at this time. He nationalized our car and has done several many others here at Lakeside. We had an excellent experience and can sell our car any time also.

If they check out on the MX government web site then all is good. Assuming you check by VIN number

I e-mailed Oscar last year. The price he quotes now for the same car is $500 higher than he quoted to bring the car to the border.

Who gets the extra $500?

In a return e-mail he said the higher price was because I had a luxury car.

Interesting!

My Cadillac is now a year older and suddenly it became a luxury car.

I suspect i will be using someone else.

Yes, thank you Spencer, we did check by VIN number and all was good.

I did get Gary's number WRONG!! So sorry! 765-5149 is the correct number. I hope this has not inconvenienced anyone.

How much did Gary charge you?TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Checked my e-mail correspondence and the correct e-mail contact for Tim Welch (not Walsh) and Jayme Littlejohn's service is legalizecars at gmail dot com. Acording to the information Tim sent me they can also nationalize your car by a process known as "ausente" (in absence) in which your car does not go to the border so there are no tolls or gas to pay but the cost to do it is higher than doing it at the border.

Archived