Chapala.com Webboard

local source of wrought iron furniture (patio)?

feewee

I am looking for a shop or a local craftsperson Lakeside who sells/makes wrought iron furniture for patios. To be precise a round table with a hole for an umbrella and maybe a glass top and 6 comfortable chairs. I don't want the mass produced kinds (Costco, Home Depot) Any suggestions?

I was sitting in LCS garden this week and they have wonderful metal chairs and tables - does anyone recall if these are available locally?

Appreciate your suggestions/advice!

I suspect the metal worker in San Antonio on the Carretera by the Gelato place east of the old MBE location (¿Gallo or Jesus Gallo?). Strip mall 2 east of the one in which SuperLake is included.

There used to be a few but I noticed the other day they seemed to have gone out of business. Probably any good metal worker could make one in the design you choose.

Highly recommend Salvadore next to Sunrise Rest. just west of it down the hill a bit but right on the carretera. He has done things for us and built lots of iron stuff for my landlady.

There is a guy across the street from El Serape called El Tempisque Herreria that everybody swears by as being creative and affordable. Although I've never used him I figured that's who I'd look up once I need iron furniture. He has a website:

http://ajijicsteel.com/

We've had Beto from El Tempisque do almost all the iron work in our home from gates to a circular stair. His workmen do excellent work.

We've had Beto from El Tempisque do almost all the iron work in our home from gates to a circular stair. His workmen do excellent work.

beto just made us a pooper scooper yesterday for 100p and delivered to our house this morning :)

Archived