Chapala.com Webboard

DIF Chapala

Turning the big 60 in a couple of weeks and would like to obtain a DIF card. I have my CURP and other necessary documents (I think) but was told that you now have to get it in Guad and they're no longer being issued in Chapala. Anyone know if that's true or not?

The DIF cards (Jalisco) are issued in Chapala. The INAPAM cards (Federal) are issued in Guadalajara at the Palacio Federale at 500 Alcalde - north ground level side of the building.

Yes you need a CURP. You need to apply for this at the INM office in Chapala or have a facilitator such as Intercasa's office do it for you.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=50893&hl=%2Binapam

Here is my recent experience getting my INAPAM card.

Do you have to have a CURP to get a DIF card? Where do you get a CURP?

At the INM office. It's more complicated that it used to be...go in and get the specific web address where to fill out the online info, save it online but also make a copy for them, bring in your immigration card, passport, utility bill and copies of same, get a receipt, then keep checking back after two weeks wait to see if your number has been generated by the computer, finally get the sheet, cut the center part out and get it laminated. The silly part is we all know that the number can be generated immediately like it used to be at the city hall but they've built this redundancy into the process now so you end up making many trips there. There is no charge for it.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=50893&hl=%2Binapam

Here is my recent experience getting my INAPAM card.

At the INM office. It's more complicated that it used to be...go in and get the specific web address where to fill out the online info, save it online but also make a copy for them, bring in your immigration card, passport, utility bill and copies of same, get a receipt, then keep checking back after two weeks wait to see if your number has been generated by the computer, finally get the sheet, cut the center part out and get it laminated. The silly part is we all know that the number can be generated immediately like it used to be at the city hall but they've built this redundancy into the process now so you end up making many trips there. There is no charge for it.

In our INM office in San Luis Potosi the Residente Temporal card I recieved had the CURP codex right on the front of the RT card. I then went to the CURP website and printed out a color copy and had it laminated. Then I went to one of our INAPAM offices and got the card there in 20 minutes and had it laminated.

I would check the Resident card to see if a CURP codex in on the front of it.[not you but others ]

• 2 weeks later...

Turning the big 60 in a couple of weeks and would like to obtain a DIF card. I have my CURP and other necessary documents (I think) but was told that you now have to get it in Guad and they're no longer being issued in Chapala. Anyone know if that's true or not?

Went to DIF in Chapala this week to ask, since my husband needs his. Was told they ARE doing INAPAM cards locally, but you need to put your name and phone number on the waiting list. Meanwhile they'll give you the list of requirements so you can get your stuff together so you're ready when they call to give you an appointment. They are not doing them every day, and hours are 9 - 2 (which means last appt. of the day is 1:30).

She told me to expect a call near the end of the month, and I saw a lot of names ahead of his.

Don't know about DIF card, since the INAPAM is the only one we really care about (buses and meds).

Archived