Chapala.com Webboard

Hugh Roberts

Rather than continuing to lose the thread on eBay, I'm posting here answers to the Hugh Roberts questions.

Yes, he took some time off, but is back now and looking for new business. He's bringing me down a BBQ in a couple of weeks. His current trip requires all orders be delivered to his storehouse in Texas by August 8, so there is still a small window of time.

mxpackages-ampersand-gmail.com

331 364 7839

QWESTECH
Hugh Roberts
1610 Plume Grass Place
Round Rock, TX 78665
512-298-7357

When you contact him, he will send you a detailed list of everything. Basic rates are $250 pesos/item, plus 16% IVA at the border. Larger, heavier items add to the cost. So for example, my $150 U.S. BBQ, packaged in a box at 3 cu.ft., and over 50 lbs, comes in at around $800p. So approx $300 pesos extra for the extra weight/size.

Will he take small packages back to the states and ship them as well? We just payed $200 plus to have 2 framed pictures measuring about 24x24x4 and weighing about 10 pounds shipped back to the States through the shipping place at the mall. Still cheaper than having them framed in the states (I'm going to open a framing shop in my next life) but seemed ridiculously high. Not blaming the shop, FedEx said price was correct.

Archived