Chapala.com Webboard

Want To Sell My Foreign Plated Vehicle

I just got my Jal. plates today for my 97 Kawasaki motorcycle, didn't leave my garage until my guy took it to Tonala for the plates. Total time 5 weeks, It wasn't cheap but it is a well cared for motorcycle so I decided to bite the bullet and if you see me around town I will be grinning ear to ear and I will not fear the transito folks. The cost was more than the bike is worth back in the states,but now down here it has more value, and I am still grinning ear to ear

Regards,

Phil

Buy in what country? Take it across to nationalize, live permanently or just visit?

How about the fact that unless Playaboy is insane, which I doubt, he is not willing to pay more for the vehicle than the Texas wholesale value (probably among the lowest in the U.S.A.), plus the cost of his time, fuel, hotels, toll roads, food. Plus compensate his risk of adventuring on some of the busiest highways in North America. Statistics don't reward the lucky.

Me thinks it is not valuable information to "quess" what Playaboy bases his pricing on. But one thing is clear, he has 'helped' many folks remove their Lakeside cars from Mexico as required, when about their only recourse was to drive to the border and wholesale it themselves. Yes, he's a friend and he and I both have provided this service over the last several years. His advantage (to you) is that he lives at Lakeside and I don't but am there 'a lot'.

It is me, Spencer

How about the fact that unless Playaboy is insane, which I doubt, he is not willing to pay more for the vehicle than the Texas wholesale value (probably among the lowest in the U.S.A.), plus the cost of his time, fuel, hotels, toll roads, food. Plus compensate his risk of adventuring on some of the busiest highways in North America. Statistics don't reward the lucky.

Playaboy is not insane.

Steering away from speculation to keep things grounded in reality: Playaboy welcomes people to contact him by email at " cornking1 at yahoo dot com " to get details.

He asks that folks here not speak for him, nor suppose what he might do or pay. He also notes that there is a lot of incorrect information suggested above in this thread, that can come back to bite, if you take it seriously.

He has taken over a dozen cars out of the country in the last several months. He has also helped many more people with the legal correct solutions for their specific issues.

He reminds us that: If somebody has a car issue and wants to get the straight facts on what is legal, or just needs some advice on what to do, then just send him an email.

I've known him for about 5 years, and he does what he says and backs up his offers.

Archived