Chapala.com Webboard

Kayak rentals in Joco

Yesterday, I found out that there is a fellow who rents kayaks in Joco. I think this is only on weekends. Has anyone ever seen them there? If so, where?

By the west end of the malecon where the fish restaurants are. At least, the last time I was there on a weekend, which is rare, that's where they were.

Also in Chapala, fyi - on weekends and fiesta days. They have both single and tandem kayaks by the hour, paddles and vests. On the east end of the beach toward the big palapa restaurant end.

By the west end of the malecon where the fish restaurants are. At least, the last time I was there on a weekend, which is rare, that's where they were.

There are no fish restaurants at the Joco Malecon and it runs North and South.

Maybe you aren't writing about Joco.

On Sunday last the truck and trailer with Kayaks from Joco was in Ajijic just east of the malecon.

For Chapala I would probably take my own, but I have never seen the Joco shore by boat. I will go on Sunday and check it out. I really encourage everyone to get out on the lake, one way or the other. You really see how vast it is and how the mountains make our little cities and villages look small. It is a great way to get away from the small town gossip and pettiness that can not be avoided after a while. (Not knocking Lakeside people.... same in every small town). You just get to see our little part of the world from a different perspective.

It is beautiful and relaxing. Try it!

Archived