Chapala.com Webboard

Texas Gov. to send 1000 National Guard to protect the border in Texas.

AlanMexicali

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

read slaint39, he mentioned small victories. i said, we (my view) may win some battles, but lose the war. you know its an expression?

Guest bennie2

maybe someone inquired about that stunning house for sale? the one which keeps popping up on the side of the page? you never know......

Guest bennie2

maybe things are changing? the change we hoped for? when its good its good. didnt see that many personal attacks. assumptions, but thats normal here. people are amazingly civilized. if you dont like the "puppy" (as you call it), there are other topics to read. i commend the mods for publishing comments which are not the populist (ajijic) view. how refreshingly libertarian. (sorry for the political term).

What about the trillion or more we spent fighting unnecessary wars, do the poor ask about how that money could have helped them?

I haven't read anything about that lately; the other I have. Have you?

I haven't read anything about that lately; the other I have. Have you?

Jim,I'm guessing that you're from Texas so I'll try to state this simply, Joco was referring to your comment on the 3.7 billion request for immigration expenses and comparing it to the trillion or so wasted on the Iraq war that W and dick got us into by lying to the American people.

Can you imagine all the good that could have been done with that kind of money?

Yes, Gringal. This is fascinating. Obviously the thread is not political nor has it gotten repetitive, and there are no personal attacks. No reason to lock this puppy up. Nope.

If I were a moderator on this board and my agenda was being stroked by bennie2, I would lock it so as to save whatever crediblity my "agenda" had.

Now bennie you are a very nice person and I would never personally attack you, as I like you. We just have different opinions.

If you were sneaking across the frontier, I would give you food and shelter, as quickly as I would an Honduran.

Simple words from a simple man? :D

I think viajero, who is simply marvelous, because having a very complex brain, can communicate in the vernacular of the person he is attempting to commuicate with.

Not an easy task as exemplified by bennie, who although complicated, has not mastered this skill.

This thread has brought out some highly sophisicated and unusual talent in the world of politics and written communication.

We all just can't wait to participate.

Guest bennie2

VIAJERO,SLAINT39 #1) want to inform you that your dated sterotypes are incorrect: maryland & conn said NO to the illegals. these are liberal democrat states. (check it out on google). not fringe groups "wingers" as you assume. HOOKEMHORNS/ HUD, #2) the reason why gov duval is taking them is because everyone else said no. he lied about the 9 plane loads that flew into logan last month. (the refugees being housed on the army base). he said he didnt know anything anything about it. (there is already 100,000 illegals in state of mass). now he said its "temporary"- but the court dates are not untill 2017. #3) my feeling (& mine alone) is that duval made a deal w/obama. his term is over nov'14, he has his eye on holders position. just a thought. also think these children are not going to be the 1st 1000. because so many states said no, i think gov duval will take many more thousand in the next 6 months. there are empty shopping malls available for housing across the state of mass. watch this develope. #4) check out LA post examiner: "gang recruiting flourishes w/border crisis" by diedre reilly, washington post: "man caused disaster on border..." steven king, the blaze: "nortorious gangs new recruits illegal immigrant kids" by zack noble. world net daily has a good artical by jerome corsi. both wdn/blaze are kind of a far right papers, but they did a good job on this issue as they speak about the abuse the girls have had. (i cant say it here). very disturbing that govts would allow this. while progressives talk teddy bears, there seems to be some other refugees they dont want to acknowlege.

viajero/slaint39, 1) want to inform you that your bias dated sterotypes are complety incorrect: maryland & conn said NO time the illegals. these are liberal democrat states. (check it out on google).

Bennie,talking about stereotypes,when you referred to all Mexican immigrants as "grape pickers" on another forum,and were banned from that forum because of it,you lost any credibility you might have had and you showed your true colors.

Guest bennie2

maryland & conneticut are not liberal democrat states? everyone knows who the governers are. if they dont, they can check wiki. dont be angry because i proved you wrong, its a learning experience. avoid being overly personal, it is discouraged on this board.

VIAJERO,SLAINT39 #1) want to inform you that your dated sterotypes are incorrect: maryland & conn said NO to the illegals. these are liberal democrat states. (check it out on google). not fringe groups "wingers" as you assume.

The Right Wing fringe sites reported only the parts of stories they wanted to report.

The Maryland governor told the WH he did not think allowing the kids to stay in buildings the Administration had selected in Maryland was a good idea. He suggested other places, He did not say they could not stay in Maryland.

A potential Democratic presidential candidate in 2016, O'Malley surprised some in his party when he sharply criticized a White House proposal to give new legal authorities to the Department of Homeland Security to expedite the deportation of the unaccompanied minors and their families.
“We are not a country that should turn children away and send them back to certain death,” O’Malley said last week at a National Governors Association meeting in Nashville.
Hours after making those remarks, O'Malley expressed concerns to Munoz about a proposal under consideration by the Department of Health and Human Services to convert a former Army Reserve Center in Westminster, Maryland to house the children.
A senior O'Malley administration official confirmed the conversation took place. But the official stressed O'Malley did not reject the idea of temporarily housing some of the children in other parts of the state.

Connecticut mayors have disagreed with the governor and they are allowing the children into their towns. The governor is reconsidering his stand.

At this point, Rilling believes there may be 325 such children in Connecticut and 15 in Norwalk who are in need of assistance, based upon numbers he said he received from Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s office.
“The reality is that this problem has landed on the doorstep of American mayors,” Finch said. “As an adoptee, the father of four kids, and CEO of a city with a strong immigrant population, I know how important to consider any and all options that would help these kids in need. I look forward to working with this Task Force as we continue seeking out options for helping kids in need.”
There is something obscene about seeing "God-fearing Christians" frothing at the mouths as they spew hate at beautiful, weary, hungry, bewildered, poor children. Seeing Democrats, for fear of losing an election, showing the same lack of empathy for these children is beyond disappointing. It is downright despicable.

A hundred years cannot repair a moment's loss of honor. Proverb

mmsh7a.jpg

maryland & conneticut are not liberal democrat states? everyone knows who the governers are. if they dont, they can check wiki. dont be angry because i proved you wrong, its a learning experience. avoid being overly personal, it is discouraged on this board.

The Maryland governor has not refused migrant children and the Connecticut governor is reconsidering his premature position.

Jim,I'm guessing that you're from Texas so I'll try to state this simply, Joco was referring to your comment on the 3.7 billion request for immigration expenses and comparing it to the trillion or so wasted on the Iraq war that W and dick got us into by lying to the American people.

Can you imagine all the good that could have been done with that kind of money?

Actual $$ accounting for US war spending in Afghanistan & Iraq total over $5 Trillion - not the fictional $1 Trillion claimed above. The $5 trillion of fresh deficit spending on recent wars makes the $3.7 billion of proposed immigration spending a piker's sum at just 0.07% of recent worthless US war spending. Consider the $450billion a year Bush/Cheney spent, including $1.5 billion in stacks of cash paid directly to Iraqi militia war-lords to buy temporary allegiance from Muktadah al Sadr (Mahdi "army") and the Sunni warlords. Past US investing in infrastructure (highways & bridges), US education, job training, and assistance like past GI Bill spending to increase homeownership ... all paid big dividends. Instead consider what $5 Trillion on US internal improvements would have made - like university educations for all US young people for 58 years - versus the war-craze and US meddling in other countries internal affairs that has made huge intractable messes in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Ukraine.

Take care of business at home....

Rebuild America with another resurgence of the govt. programs like the 100's billions spent on the GI Bill, subsidized home loans (FHA, Freddie/Fannie), unemployment insurance for all workers, education & jobs training - as government aid that moved 2/3 of our American grandparents and parents from being nearly-poor, under-educated, laborer-renters (in 1947), flipped to 2/3 being homeowners with useful college degrees in just 20 years. Invest in making America and Americans better....

Actual $$ accounting for US war spending in Afghanistan & Iraq total over $5 Trillion - not the fictional $1 Trillion claimed above. The $5 trillion of fresh deficit spending on recent wars makes the $3.7 billion of proposed immigration spending a piker's sum at just 0.07% of recent worthless US war spending. Consider the $450billion a year Bush/Cheney spent, including $1.5 billion in stacks of cash paid directly to Iraqi militia war-lords to buy temporary allegiance from Muktadah al Sadr (Mahdi "army") and the Sunni warlords. Past US investing in infrastructure (highways & bridges), US education, job training, and assistance like past GI Bill spending to increase homeownership ... all paid big dividends. Instead consider what $5 Trillion on US internal improvements would have made - like university educations for all US young people for 58 years - versus the war-craze and US meddling in other countries internal affairs that has made huge intractable messes in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Ukraine.

Take care of business at home....

Rebuild America with another resurgence of the govt. programs like the 100's billions spent on the GI Bill, subsidized home loans (FHA, Freddie/Fannie), unemployment insurance for all workers, education & jobs training - as government aid that moved 2/3 of our American grandparents and parents from being nearly-poor, under-educated, laborer-renters (in 1947), flipped to 2/3 being homeowners with useful college degrees in just 20 years. Invest in making America and Americans better....

I agree with snowy--except to add that if the USA refocused the money spent on recent wars it could have a prosperous and well-educated population AND if could take care of the refugees on its borders.

But snowyco....

Those wars made the US safe for the folks with minimum wage jobs and defense contractors and rid the world of the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq so the present factions there fighting for democracy would do minimum damage do themselves in their quest :rolleyes: .

Now if the US had only stayed there with their military another 50 or !00 years, things would be perfect and Dick Cheney could sleep at nights. (with his Halliburton portfolio under his pillow)

. :rolleyes:

The US immigration problem?....the perfect red herring.,,,kinda what Luisa said.

I appreciate the fact that most of the posters have refrained from uncivilized taunts at one another, and much of the information was intelligently presented.

HOWEVER, I'm completely mystified by what is already ten pages of political argument having very little, if anything, to do with life in Mexico.

I am seeing that whoever is responsible for moderating this segment is failing to do so by allowing any and all free rein to go on and on. And on. What does the history of U.S.A. military spending, whether the president is good or bad or whether immigration is beneficial or destructive have to do with life in Mexico?

This reduces the credibility of this otherwise informative web board, and adds nothing to it. A newcomer checking this out would likely come to the conclusion that people on here lived their expat lives as vicarious political animals still living in the U.S.A.

What's wrong on here? Don't bother telling me to just skip it. Now, I'm fascinated, like watching a car wreck.

Where is that stake?

I think you answered your own question or concern....

"people that live here, live their expat lives as vicarious political animals still firmly tethered to the USA"

The world has become, due to these computer/communicating devices, a small place, and the rest of the world dances to the US tune. Living in Mexico does not put you in an isolated closet, especially for the main thrust topic of this thread....immigration.

Some people get up and read the world news, others start looking for sticky fly paper....it's all part of living in Mexico.

Archived