Chapala.com Webboard

Texas Gov. to send 1000 National Guard to protect the border in Texas.

AlanMexicali

Alan, did the Mexican news say what amount of requests for political asylum in Mexico, if any, are being granted by the Mexican Government, and how they are being handled, if they are being handled?

Only just under 5% of all the adult and minor refugees from Central America from 2009 to 2013 were granted asylum in Mexico [some cases might still be pending] and 4,500 applied in that time period from all countries, but no statistics this year. I found this article. It appear 1/4 of 87,500 [including Mexicans, adults and minors] that arrived illegal in the US is way off. The local TV news here might have made it up. The apprehension rate In Mexico in the article is high and this article is about Central American minors.

"At the end of 2014, Mexico will have recovered in country more than 16,000 children who were traveling to the United States, the National Migration Institute (INM). He said that so far this year has been "rescued" 10,505, which means up 7.4 percent in relation to 9,727, in 2013, and warned about the increased flows of minors to the north, situation rated by makers of Mexican immigration policy as "humanitarian emergency".

The Interior Ministry [sEGOB] proposed to his peers in the region (United States, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras) to immediately put in place an information campaign to discourage children out of their home and make it clear that the crossing to northern countries does not mean that their immigration status will be regularized.

The proposal was raised by Mexico since the last high-level meeting held in Guatemala week, and today will be ratified in another regional conclave on the subject.

The INM said that in the past nine months state and federal authorities have broken up 35 criminal gangs and arrested 330 suspected of assaulting undocumented.

The delivery agency DIF children under 11 while their immigration status is resolved, the assisted return or the granting of refugee status in Mexico, and carries the detention facilities to those between 12 and 17 years. In this detection and channeling it called "rescue".

Since 2007, the institute became operational figure who specializes in the care sector (Officers Child Protection) agent, who-said-privileged family togetherness and physical, emotional and psychological integrity of children to deliver them relatives.

Yesterday, Under Secretary for Population, Migration and Religious Affairs of the SEGOB, Mercedes del Carmen Guillén Vicente, traveled to Managua, Nicaragua, to participate at the 19th Regional Conference on Migration. The measures proposed by Mexico will be put to the vote of the messengers of the participating nations.

The main points are: care of the problem with shared responsibility, operational support to comply with any agreement of the leaders of the nations participating in the upcoming summit of the Central American Integration System, and discourage output under their hometowns.

In addition, sharing good practice repatriation and intensify training of public servants to care for migrant children and unaccompanied repatriated."

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2014/07/02/la-crisis-de-los-ninos-migrantes

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you can explain to me why in the middle of the day you can see hundreds of people riding on top of a train headed north in plain sight and the Mexican authorities do nothing to stop them. Where do you think they are headed? To Six Flags???? Maybe train riding is a popular past time in Mexico.

Guest bennie2

BIGD, see dailymailonline artical (news section) by ashly colman & ryan perry in nogales, az 6/14 "known gang members amoung thousands of illegal immigrant children storming the US border......." goes on to say how the patrol agents were told to keep silent. there are photos of a train w/people on top. dont know if its the same train but there is an industrial one where they ride on top, its dangerous. this has been going on for years, nothing new. this artical is very very long, have a look. there have been many reports of this but it seems that recently the lid has come off even for mainstream media. there were already 300,000 M-13s in the US as of several years ago (all the way to georgia). there are documentries on youtube. maybe this is not a good subject for most elder retirees? maybe focuing on little children is the way to go?

Maybe you can explain to me why in the middle of the day you can see hundreds of people riding on top of a train headed north in plain sight and the Mexican authorities do nothing to stop them. Where do you think they are headed? To Six Flags???? Maybe train riding is a popular past time in Mex

My guess is when the US forks over $B USD to Mexico to stop this, they will stop it. Don't look for that to happen. Those people are leaving Mexico, and that is what Mexico wants. The US has encouraged this since 2009, contrary to public belief. Obama must do something soon to repay those Mexicans who helped him win reelection. They invested a lot to get him reelected and he promised them. So far, nothing from Congress (neither side), so he is going it alone, until someone forces him to stop. Whose is going to stop him?

The train is known as "La Bestia" (the beast). It is sometimes called the "killer train" since many people simply fall off and wind up dead from trying to ride it for hundreds of miles. Yes, the Mexican authorities and the private company which owns the railroad are trying to put a stop to the migrants who ride it. From Excelsior...

Modernizan a ‘La Bestia’ para acabar con tráfico de migrantes

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2014/07/24/972727

Google Translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.excelsior.com.mx%2Fnacional%2F2014%2F07%2F24%2F972727

Guest bennie2

HUD, hes not stopping anytime soon. this will be going on for a long time. look@ some of the photos on the artical i mentioned above. (scroll down). interesting to note: i read that about 30% or less of the newcomers are mexican. mostly el salvador & hondorus.

Maybe you can explain to me why in the middle of the day you can see hundreds of people riding on top of a train headed north in plain sight and the Mexican authorities do nothing to stop them. Where do you think they are headed? To Six Flags???? Maybe train riding is a popular past time in Mexico.

http://www.milenio.com/firmas/joaquin_lopez-doriga/Adios-Bestia_18_336146400.html

Goodbye to "The Beast"? ... [¿Adiós a "La Bestia"…?]

"Make no mistake, Osorio said, if you are thinking that is free passage. They can not go beyond these four states and those without papers to enter Mexico, will be deported to their countries of origin.

So for the first time there will be an orderly and recorded in the porous southern border migration.

The other decision is the end of the Beast [La Bestia], as passenger, at the risk and dangers to thousands of migrants, on the backs of the railroad that carries eight derailments in less than a month, yesterday was the seventh in the southeast (the other was in Jalisco), plus the threat of criminals.

As proposed, this is a fundamental change for the first time, the migration policy of the southern border.

We will see very soon."

"

Oh oh, Governor Good Hair, as Molly Ivins called him, has been told that Texas pays for the National Guard if the governor deploys them.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rick-perry-doesnt-want-texas-to-pay-for-troops-hes-ordering-to-border/

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry ® made the decision last week to bypass the federal government and order 1,000 National Guard troops to help secure his state’s border with Mexico. But he would rather it not come out of the Texas budget.
Perry has been criticized for sending the troops, with the U.S. Border Patrol worrying that they lack the training to properly handle undocumented immigrants. Perry told the Signal that he is not granting the troops the authority to make arrests."

"I still believe in Hope - mostly because there's no such place as Fingers Crossed, Arkansas." Molly Ivins

"In Texas, we do not hold high expectations for the [governor's] office; it's mostly been occupied by crooks, dorks and the comatose." Molly Ivins

http://www.milenio.com/firmas/joaquin_lopez-doriga/Adios-Bestia_18_336146400.html

Goodbye to "The Beast"? ... [¿Adiós a "La Bestia"…?]

"Make no mistake, Osorio said, if you are thinking that is free passage. They can not go beyond these four states and those without papers to enter Mexico, will be deported to their countries of origin.

So for the first time there will be an orderly and recorded in the porous southern border migration.

The other decision is the end of the Beast [La Bestia], as passenger, at the risk and dangers to thousands of migrants, on the backs of the railroad that carries eight derailments in less than a month, yesterday was the seventh in the southeast (the other was in Jalisco), plus the threat of criminals.

As proposed, this is a fundamental change for the first time, the migration policy of the southern border.

We will see very soon."

"

More smoke ?

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2014/mexico-asylum-children-92117.html

It appears if minors are caught in Mexico from Central America and have no family in Mexico they are denied to apply for asylum and deported.

Is the US the only country in the World that will help these "children" ?

Guest bennie2

hud bigd alan, the train i referred too (several weeks ago) is the same train. it is also called the "death train". as for "smoke"- if minors are caught in mex they are pushed thru to to US. alan, hello? where do you think all these children are from? they are entering everyday w/coyotes. now they say its "down to 400 per day from 1000"- if countries make a deal, they make a deal. the fed gov is not on the level w/most of the states. they say that the housing will be temporary. we know thats not true. every governor has been told another story. from "temp housing" to "these are our future CEO's" (ok really)? to comparing them to the "boat people". they didnt expect the kind of backlash that is going on.

Guest bennie2

check out govenor haslem's (tenneesse) letter to president obama. it has gone unanswered. 750 children have arrived, w/out prior notice. holly johnson of the tennessee office of refugees (coodinator) says unaccomplied minors have been coming there for years. many updates on google.

The letter is more political grandstanding. What else is new. Maybe he should order the National Guard to patrol the Tennessee borders?

"But while Haslam said the federal government’s actions and lack of transparency caused “great uncertainty,” some advocates said it was the governor’s letter that muddied the waters about an otherwise routine process.
The unaccompanied minors have been placed into Tennessee households with approved “sponsors” — typically their own families and relatives — as has been happening for years, said immigrant and refugee advocates.
“They’ve got somewhere to go,” said Eben Cathey, spokesman for the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition. “They’re not getting dropped off. They’re getting placed with their mom, dad, aunt or uncle.”
The governor’s letter came after an Internet posting by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which listed where children have been placed this year. "

Seems to me that this "crisis" is driving a stake into the heart of any "new" immigration legislation proposals; as now, more than ever, a larger majority of US citizens are opposed to the immigration policy of the US administration. Expect more officials to be elected who support enforcing current laws and closing loopholes. Poor blacks and poor Mexican Americans are beginning to question what the 3.7 billion USD request from the President could have done for their current communities. And, that is not good news for the Democratic Party. I see a real "war" developing for the next Presidential Election, much worse and more divisive than ever before in the history of the US.

"We live in a time of crisis Never since the period of the Civil War has this nation faced such critical days. Americans are destroying America." (Ezra Taft Benson)

Guest bennie2

joco, did you read his 8 questions? have you ever been a govenor? did he recieve notice from the fed govt? do you have any respect for his job? what this entails? obama is violating every law (as he has been for years but let that go), alienating himself. since many states have said NO to the refugee proposal, now hes just sending them in unannouced. latest poll says 77% of americans want these kids (& older) to go home. this number includes 66% of hispanics. maybe you&RV can elighten all these folks, teach some the governors/mayors/district leaders a thing or two? grateful for google. p.s. jim bowie you got one right!

Most of these children are refuges. Please remember that Jesus was also an Undocumented Child Refugee. The rest of you can do what you want - I sent money to Catholic Charities for basic necessities for these 8 year old terrorists with teddy bears.

Seems to me that this "crisis" is driving a stake into the heart of any "new" immigration legislation proposals; as now, more than ever, a larger majority of US citizens are opposed to the immigration policy of the US administration. Expect more officials to be elected who support enforcing current laws and closing loopholes. Poor blacks and poor Mexican Americans are beginning to question what the 3.7 billion USD request from the President could have done for their current communities. And, that is not good news for the Democratic Party. I see a real "war" developing for the next Presidential Election, much worse and more divisive than ever before in the history of the US.

"We live in a time of crisis Never since the period of the Civil War has this nation faced such critical days. Americans are destroying America." (Ezra Taft Benson)

What about the trillion or more we spent fighting unnecessary wars, do the poor ask about how that money could have helped them?

joco, did you read his 8 questions? have you ever been a govenor? did he recieve notice from the fed govt? do you have any respect for his job? what this entails? obama is violating every law (as he has been for years but let that go), alienating himself. since many states have said NO to the refugee proposal, now hes just sending them in unannouced. latest poll says 77% of americans want these kids (& older) to go home. this number includes 66% of hispanics. maybe you&RV can elighten all these folks, teach some the governors/mayors/district leaders a thing or two? grateful for google. p.s. jim bowie you got one right!

Cite the laws that are being violated because there are none. The Administration is following the current law.

Did you read what his own newspaper in Tennessee reported that sending refugees to live with relatives is the practice and it has been happening in Tennessee for decades. Nothing new except the governor's grandstanding.

He sent the letter to POTUS and it should have gone to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights if he wanted answers. He didn't want answers. He wants to get on the side of the far right fringe.

Why does someone need to do a job to know anything about it? The local newspapers all know that what he is asking is ridiculous and they know the answers are readily available but that that wouldn't get him the attention he wants.

Guest bennie2

read again. refugee agency said: "very few minors make connections w/family". (& "this has been going on for years"- google holly johnson). i believe she knows more than you do, she works w/refugees. yes, i read several articals in the tennesse newspapers about this. also the opposing side from the activists. as for violating laws, there are years worth of articals/ speeches about the president. go to google, i dont save everything. most of my recent links were found on twitter. if i had computer skills i would send links directly. mtnmama, most of the total # of refugees are too old for teddys. maybe in tennessee (& some other places) the little ones are being sent. nothing wrong w/helping out. (where are the medical papers?). the refugees in the shelter in queens, n.y. are older boys & are frightening the residents. no one wants to look @ the whole picture only just the portion which fits the programmed narrative. is anyone here capable of critical thought? i mean some of you just cant imagine that the refugees were bussed to walmart prior to being located? was that so far fetched? you think a baby gets assistance but not the mother? reading some of the comments i wonder, are you thinking @all? each community has their special set of problems, some towns have no problem. you cant judge everything across the board from your backyard. as i said in one other comment, i lived thru a time where much "whiteflight" took place. i come from the most liberal diverse part of the US. (now there will be black & hispanic asian neigborhod flight as well- its not racist). sometimes a newer demographic does not work out. im not saying little kids are dangerous, but in the case of tenneesse they cannot absorb them. the melting pot is overflowing, its now something else entirely. some of you dont care much for your own, just the religion of diversity, & the dear leader. you havnt a clue of what open borders are about. look@ sweden norway & the U.K. oh never mind.

This thread has certainly brought out the wingers,most of whom hail from the same state,what a surprise..

Its a waste of time to try to educate them or point out the fallacies in their arguments.

You have to wonder how many of these jobs that bennie2 has held in order to be such an expert on all the things she posts.

This whole thread is nothing but a forum for a bunch of right wing, tea party idiocy. Let's see how much of "their country" they get back after the next election or any election for the next 50 years on into infinity. They won't live long enough to see it because "the times are a changin' ", and the "criminals" will keep on being elected.

The reaction to any temporary, short lived tea party victories, will be thunderous.

Guest bennie2

slaint39, re read my comments. i said some battles will be won, but we will lose the war. (i dont belong to a tea party or any party). i also said its global, not going to stop. why dont you just sign in w/my name, & speak for me? putting words & labels in someones mouth is not cool. take the time to read. interesting to note, black leaders are not happy about this either as their communities have gotton the shaft. not everyone who is against this lives in a cabin in idaho. (viajero, the bluestate of mass. had the most demonstrators. that blows your dated sterotypes out the door). re read my comments, the opposition is multi racial, crosses class lines, geography, political parties (hello?). most retirees in mexico are locked in a box. or maybe you just dont "want" to read anything outside the mainstream box? it may shock you as it would upset the apple cart? its not me who wont accept this, its actually YOU. meaning that you have an unrealistic way of seeing it. a small world view. you wont accept the conflicts that all this has caused, & i dont mean hispanic children. i mean the entire george soros open society agenda. you cant even get into a taxi in some US cities.

Archived