Chapala.com Webboard

Texas Gov. to send 1000 National Guard to protect the border in Texas.

AlanMexicali

Guest bennie2

hookem (july 26post) lessons from mexico (??) on "smoke screens"?? the US doesnt need lessons from anyone they have been doing smoke screens since i have been alive & way way before. "smokescreen" is the way of all govts.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter lives north of Dallas. She said they are dropping them off by the busloads at the Walmarts in the upper middle class suburbs. These are young men, not children. If there are unaccompanied children, then Obama has involved us in child trafficking. In 2008 we signed an agreement at the Hague against child trafficking, but that is precisely what we are doing now. We are turning these "children" over to whom? Back ground checks, anyone? These parents should not be encouraged to send their children across Mexico on the word of our weak and whiny president who has exploited the poor and vulnerable for political gain.

The children from Central America who are crossing the border are turning themselves in to the first officials they see. They are not boarding buses to be dropped off in cities.

Who are the people your daughter is seeing getting off buses in N. Dallas? Maybe people who ride the buses and live and work there?

To say POTUS is exploiting the poor or I assume you mean these unfortunate Central Americans for political gain is nuts. There is no political upside to this situation. Do you think he wants to make them U.S. citizens so they will vote for him? I guess you are not aware of the two term limit for being president and Obama is in his second term. He will not be running for political office again.

It has been reported in the Mexican news that 1/4 of these new refugees are applying in Mexico for political asylum and 3/4 are passing through Mexico if the US numbers are accurate. Mexico has deported 85,000 Central Americans adults and minors late year and expect 90,000 adults and minors to be deported this year.

http://noticias.prodigy.msn.com/internacional/reconoce-eu-esfuerzos-de-m%C3%A9xico-en-crisis-de-ni%C3%B1os-migrantes#scpshrtu

The children from Central America who are crossing the border are turning themselves in to the first officials they see. They are not boarding buses to be dropped off in cities.

Who are the people your daughter is seeing getting off buses in N. Dallas? Maybe people who ride the buses and live and work there?

To say POTUS is exploiting the poor or I assume you mean these unfortunate Central Americans for political gain is nuts. There is no political upside to this situation. Do you think he wants to make them U.S. citizens so they will vote for him? I guess you are not aware of the two term limit for being president and Obama is in his second term. He will not be running for political office again.

What a simplistic way of looking at the world. My daughter is an attorney, so pretty careful about facts. Do Democrats just swallow, hook, line and sinker, any talking point they receive from OFA? The illegals are being dispersed into the country by government- grant-funded agencies. Look, we have to strictly follow the law in order to live in Mexico, why do we think that it is okay for people from other countries to ignore our laws - better yet, why should we allow our own president to ignore the law? He is not king, the law is king.

Before WWII, many Eastern Europeans were dispersed throughout the USA. Later, many Asians, especially Hmong, were transported to the USA and dispersed. The USA has always “rescued“ refugees from all parts of the world, especially when it was instrumental in creating a refugee problem directly or indirectly. Today, one can find many success stories among those refugees and/or their children and grandchildren. Note the surnames of many of the successful professionals you may know in the USA, a country that has always been a country of immigrants, and one that desperately needs ambitious, hard working immigrants who value education and opportunity; even if it is no more than the opportunity for manual labor and a dream.

Who were your own ancestors? Would you have had their courage? Didn‘t they also come to the Americas to escape war, violence, corruption and/or famine?

It has been reported in the Mexican news that 1/4 of these new refugees are applying in Mexico for political asylum and 3/4 are passing through Mexico if the US numbers are accurate. Mexico has deported 85,000 Central Americans adults and minors late year and expect 90,000 adults and minors to be deported this year.

http://noticias.prodigy.msn.com/internacional/reconoce-eu-esfuerzos-de-m%C3%A9xico-en-crisis-de-ni%C3%B1os-migrantes#scpshrtu

Alan, did the Mexican news say what amount of requests for political asylum in Mexico, if any, are being granted by the Mexican Government, and how they are being handled, if they are being handled?

The "illegals" are not being dispersed by various "agencies" unless they've been granted asylum, in which case they're not "illegals."

And, when these are dispersed, are those states, cities, towns, school districts, health clinics, etc. who need to know that they are getting an influx being notified in advance, so they can express their financial concerns, make plans, ask for federal aide, or decline to have anyone "dumped" on them? Or, are they just being left to fend for themselves and not notified of how many and where they reside?

Guest bennie2

state rep. stockman was visited the border (artical today). spoke w/the agents. all children over 14 are released w/out fingerprinting. since they dont have IDs no one really knows their age. moving on: i dont find it cute when i see 8yrs olds making gang signs, but let that go. joco, the people were on special business shopping. they need new clothes etc. then they are taken to the housing centers. saw several vids last month, but i dont know how to do links. try to keep up w/the plot, dont be niave. obama will keep on trucking w/the agenda way after he is retired. i dont personally blame obama since hes just a puppet doing what was planned. (its is also his ideology). RV, tired old story apples & organges. quite frankly i find it an insult. U.S. does not "desperately need ambtious immigrants" (since when)? meanwhile 1000s of illegals are being housed on military bases while homeless vets sleep outside? millions of americans have lost their jobs. enough w/ kumbaya. its 2014, not 1900. personally i dont care if they are "legal" or not "legal". its a grey area. the old legal way hasnt been used in ages.

Guest bennie2

hud, some cities are considering empty shopping malls/buildings as housing. they wont be fending for themselves. the church is active in helping. there were protests in queens NY as they already put them in a shelter. (it has caused problems in the neighborhood). most of the protesters in N.Y. are chinese indian afro american. the most successful demo was saturday in boston @ the statehouse 10,000 people attended. this affects the working class in the US, not s much the middle, certainly not upper middle. those people move to suburbs, or other towns. they also can afford to send their children to private schools. this has been going on since the 1950s, in the NE. now its all over the USA in greater numbers w/out the old fashioned legal process. CORRECTION: HUD, i misundertood "fend for themselves" you mean the clinics, schools. yes they will fend fo themselves. the fed govt is not cooperative.

Interesting comment, bennie2. Have not paid much attention to schools NOB when I have gone in the last several years, but went for a H.S. graduation in May. Reading local and big city papers, I was amazed at the number of "private" church related schools that have "sprung up", some with comparable numbers to small public schools. . Of course, most of their students are "white", but each has a few "blacks", "browns", and other "colors". These schools are not "free" but parents find money to send them, and their facilities are very comparable, and they offer advanced classes, such as A.P., with very certified teachers. No federal programs in these schools. Some of their graduates are National Merit Finalists, etc. Impressive. I always enjoyed my time in Public Schools, but I guess times are different, and evidently schools, too.

What a simplistic way of looking at the world. My daughter is an attorney, so pretty careful about facts. Do Democrats just swallow, hook, line and sinker, any talking point they receive from OFA? The illegals are being dispersed into the country by government- grant-funded agencies. Look, we have to strictly follow the law in order to live in Mexico, why do we think that it is okay for people from other countries to ignore our laws - better yet, why should we allow our own president to ignore the law? He is not king, the law is king.

How is POTUS not following the law?

He is following the current law that states that illegals who are not from contiguous countries must have hearings. They cannot be simply deported.

The law is not king. The U.S. has no kings and it encourages protests. That is what free speech is all about.

Your daughter being a lawyer is meaningless.

Before WWII, many Eastern Europeans were dispersed throughout the USA. Later, many Asians, especially Hmong, were transported to the USA and dispersed. The USA has always “rescued“ refugees from all parts of the world, especially when it was instrumental in creating a refugee problem directly or indirectly. Today, one can find many success stories among those refugees and/or their children and grandchildren. Note the surnames of many of the successful professionals you may know in the USA, a country that has always been a country of immigrants, and one that desperately needs ambitious, hard working immigrants who value education and opportunity; even if it is no more than the opportunity for manual labor and a dream.

Who were your own ancestors? Would you have had their courage? Didn‘t they also come to the Americas to escape war, violence, corruption and/or famine?

The Italians would ask officers if they could leave the ships they were on before they were allowed legally into the country to visit relatives. They promised they would return to be processed and didn't. That is what WOP means, Without Papers.

Guest bennie2

hud, people is the north east have been doing "white flight" since the 1950s. some folks here havnt a clue since they are from the heartland. more afro americans came north when the factories closed in the south. then the puerto ricos & dominicans. people sold their homes fast (&cheap), either because of crime or the school system. it was called "blockbusting". (the people left behind saw their neighborhoods turn into slums). by the time i was ready for school there were only several districts which were acceptable. we choose the best, as that high school was 85% academic college prep classes. later my brother attended a very expensive academy (outside of the city) as there was a school strike. then my parents moved to the suburbs. @present there are not any acceptable public schools in that area which is quite large. for the past 10 years there has been an exodus of younger professionals moving back to the city from the surburbs.. they are well to do, the children attend private from pre school thru high school. the areas are being genrified. (what goes around comes around- i say welcome home). most people who did "white flight" also voted democrat, also thier children who return to the city vote dem. RV, the population of the US is not the same as it was pre WW2. most of the immigrants were european. people kept their traditions but wanted to be americans. the chinese were industrious. the old melting pot is not the newer multi culti diversity narrative.

Guest bennie2

gringal, just think of the hits this forum is getting! everyone is polite & civilized. (i take the gloves off later on other forums). as for chapalaweb, everytime you check in, you see "visit our advertisers". maybe the mods are entertained by the comments. if you are bored then join me later in cuchina.

gringal, just think of the hits this forum is getting! everyone is polite & civilized. (i take the gloves off later on other forums). as for chapalaweb, everytime you check in, you see "visit our advertisers". maybe the mods are entertained by the comments. if you are bored then join me later in cuchina.

If the mods are entertained, then may this thread go on forever. Good entertainment is hard to find. :unsure:

Guest bennie2

so much is going on. right now there are 2 bills being debated. OB's daca & another "plan" (begins w/the letter"V"). if they lock thread i hope they will let us start another one later on. im on twitter w/updates all day long from everywhere in the US.

Archived