Chapala.com Webboard

Texas Gov. to send 1000 National Guard to protect the border in Texas.

AlanMexicali

i am going to follow up on the airtravel issue. if its not true (or an exaggeration) i will retract it. does make sense but i think there are too many people to fly over. maybe they will use it for the moms&little ones? or maybe just to take them to certain cities? im emailing the jouralist, i know him. if its not true then that will be deleted w/an explaination. the rest is true, all news sources left/right/alternative/regional/local AND my direct experiences.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on...

Winston Churchill

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

true- lets see where this goes. its for several hundred young people, they get screened in their home country. they already fly people from border to logan airport. why not from honduras directo? doesnt sound that far fetched. the headline can be a bit misleading.

Guest bennie2

viajero, NYtimes july 25, obama is considering signing the execututive order to let the minors fly directly from C.A to U.S. by air. why does everything sound so far fetched to you & joco? i do assume its something the whitehouse may do. the info is both available in pro immigration & anti immigration news sources.

Only the far right wing sites are reporting these crazy stories. The Administration has already flown refugees back to Central America but some people think the Administration is intentionally flying them in. Funny.

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/07/unreal-obama-considering-new-plan-to-help-illegal-aliens-from-honduras-skip-mexico-and-fly-directly-into-u-s-as-refugees/

"An intel report that was recently leaked and discovered proves people fleeing Honduras for the U.S. are not running away from something in their home country, but are instead running to the U.S. for the promise of the social welfare system. But those facts mean nothing to the Obama Administration. It looks like the White House i about to begin shipping people directly from Honduras into the U.S. without them ever stepping into Mexico to get here."

Rush of course:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/07/25/barack_obama_coyote_in_chief

"What I didn't foresee, Obama is going to send US officials to Honduras and okay them as refugees and then use taxpayer dollars to fly them to America so they don't have to catch the death train and go through Mexico. We're gonna cut out the middleman. We're gonna cut out the coyotes."

Guest bennie2

NEW YORK TIMES is as pro obama left wing as you can get. (hello)? see the artical & report back. they are usually cagey about these things, but have not remained silent about this exectutive order. (which hasnt been signed -yet). personally i dont care one way or the other how the travel takes place. FYI, "NYtimes" is progressive PC, thats why it was recommended. they speak your language even THEY reported this. (thankgod for that.- i orginally mentioned the conservative online paper "frontpage". wouldnt qoute rush limburg, i may agree w/him sometimes but never use him as a source. he does exaggerate).

Guest bennie2

joco, several pages ago i mentioned that 40 refugees were flown back. keep up w/the plot. that dosnt invalidate that newer development of some migrants possibly being flown in. the world is changing fast, new laws are passed or re written. get w/the program, what was was. what is is. nothing should suprise you (or anyone else). bet they said the same things to each other way back in rome. slower times those days, rome hung on for about 800 yrs. we may have our aztlan sooner than you think. what goes around comes around.

The situation is already reversing according to the Wall Street Journal.

"Ms. Vazquez isn't sure the journey is worthwhile, thanks to the rapid spread of news that the U.S. is speedily deporting undocumented Central American families. A rise in deportations in the past two weeks anchor a broader international effort to stem the flood of child migrants across the Rio Grande that has spawned a humanitarian crisis and a U.S. political brawl over immigration.
President Barack Obama is meeting with the presidents of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala on Friday to discuss ways to stem the crisis, including the thorny question of how to repatriate tens of thousands of youngsters to their violence-torn countries without putting them in harm's way back home.
The expedited deportations that began last week so far have been limited to children who arrived with adults. Congress would have to change the 2008 law, or significantly increase court resources, to speed deportations of Central American unaccompanied minors."
52l2m8.jpg

NEW YORK TIMES is as pro obama left wing as you can get. (hello)? see the artical & report back. they are usually cagey about these things, but have not remained silent about this exectutive order. (which hasnt been signed -yet). personally i dont care one way or the other how the travel takes place. FYI, "NYtimes" is progressive PC, thats why it was recommended. they speak your language even THEY reported this. (thankgod for that.- i orginally mentioned the conservative online paper "frontpage". wouldnt qoute rush limburg, i may agree w/him sometimes but never use him as a source. he does exaggerate).

Do you remember the reporter Judith Miller who reported what Scooter Libby told her so that Cheney could cite the NY Times articles as evidence on the Sunday morning talk shows building his case for war? Does that seem liberal to you? Her editors were all gung-ho to support the Administration's "evidence" for war.

In the NY Times article there are no sources are cited. The source is probably someone who thought telling this story so it would be printed was funny and it proves the NY Times is still allowing Judith Miller type reporters. As usual all the right wing sites picked it up and use it like it is gold. It is a BS story and anyone reading it will wonder why it was printed.

"Hoping to stem the recent surge of migrants at the Southwest border, the Obama administration is considering whether to allow hundreds of minors and young adults from Honduras into the United States without making the dangerous trek through Mexico, according to a draft of the proposal."
Proposal by whom? It looks like some low level employee might have written a proposal that is going nowhere but these reporters thought it was worth reporting.

luisa, were you an agent with CIA or did you read your comments in a magazine while waiting to check out at the supermarket?

bigd, I wrote my comments--they are part of a larger document I wrote--after intensive research.

I am sorry that you seem so unhappy with your new home. I understand. I really, really disliked having to live in Texas for work and I have a hard time not being critical of it.

Guest bennie2

there are few deportations. the NYtimes says there is no border "crisis". they go on to say how the small children & mothers are being taken care of. yes that is true! but they left out the uglier part of the picture. fast foward to whats going on in queens etc. (hardworking chinese indians blk new yorkers are protesting as new arrivals come to thier neighborhoods. so many of the so called "children" are not little ones. they are older teen boys, into 20s & beyound, thats where it gets problamatic. yes the Times reported that as well, in their way - different artical). there is a huge rally today @ the statehouse in boston as we speak.

Guest bennie2

(hiring low-middle skilled office workers- i do the thinking, you do the typing. barb, let me know- thnx). back to topic: there were 5,000 to 10,000 people today in boston @ state house to protest gov patrick duvalls plan. boston.com said "100s"- photos on twitter tells the real story. remember the significance of boston in our great history.

At least you aren't one of the posters whose personal column under their pictures is not only longer than their posts, but "wastes" at least 1/3 of the "page". :unsure:

Hookenhorns was kidding me about taking up as much space as Snowy, AKA, Yuka Steve.

I can't take up space listing my interests because I don't have any.

Guest bennie2

right now i am more interested in jocos non interests than i am in hondurus. i removed all those photos of tattoo'ed boys from my computer. they have been replaced w/photos of cheerful coffee cups. sometimes its best to keep it simple.

Here's a documentary produced by Al Jazeera in 2012, showing what it takes to cross Mexico from the southern to northern borders.

Across Mexico: Chasing an impossible dream

Latin American migrants risk life and limb to reach the US border in search of the American dream.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/riskingitall/2011/05/2011514141451471429.html

Al Jazeera? Seriously?

there are few deportations. the NYtimes says there is no border "crisis". they go on to say how the small children & mothers are being taken care of. yes that is true! but they left out the uglier part of the picture. fast foward to whats going on in queens etc. (hardworking chinese indians blk new yorkers are protesting as new arrivals come to thier neighborhoods. so many of the so called "children" are not little ones. they are older teen boys, into 20s & beyound, thats where it gets problamatic. yes the Times reported that as well, in their way - different artical). there is a huge rally today @ the statehouse in boston as we speak.

My daughter lives north of Dallas. She said they are dropping them off by the busloads at the Walmarts in the upper middle class suburbs. These are young men, not children. If there are unaccompanied children, then Obama has involved us in child trafficking. In 2008 we signed an agreement at the Hague against child trafficking, but that is precisely what we are doing now. We are turning these "children" over to whom? Back ground checks, anyone? These parents should not be encouraged to send their children across Mexico on the word of our weak and whiny president who has exploited the poor and vulnerable for political gain.

Guest bennie2

HOOKEM, few ever show as the court dates can be 1 or so years away. they are not tracked. if they do show (& dont qualify), they are ordered to leave- not physically deported. why even show? this has been going on for years. an "investigation" is a joke. WDB, yes, i saw the vids last month of the walmart shopping. they gave them EBTcards. old news. i know @ least 1/2 of the arrivals are older teen boys (& 20s 30s 40yr old men). ICE ordered 42,000 pairs of underwear in mens size extra large. (several months ago). the defintion of a child as been raised to 26 under dream act (either that bill or a similar one). then it was raised to 31. it is traffiking, but anything goes for a political agenda. some of the girls really suffered w/the smugglers. a circus pony act. irs not over yet, stay tune for chapter 2. this will be an ongoing seris. interesting what will happen in the state of mass.

i know @ least 1/2 of the arrivals are older teen boys (& 20s 30s 40yr old men). ICE ordered 42,000 pairs of underwear in mens size extra large. (several months ago). this will be an ongoing seris. interesting what will happen in the state of mass.

My daughter lives north of Dallas. She said they are dropping them off by the busloads at the Walmarts in the upper middle class suburbs. These parents should not be encouraged to send their children across Mexico on the word of our weak and whiny president who has exploited the poor and vulnerable for political gain.

Has anyone else started to wonder if the US government is taking lessons from the Mexican government on "smoke screens"?

Deleted.

Archived