Chapala.com Webboard

Texas Gov. to send 1000 National Guard to protect the border in Texas.

AlanMexicali

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its always something that the United States did that is the cause of all the problems in the world????????????

Of course it isn't,but if you look at the history of the US government's involvement in the countries we're discussing,Honduras,Guatemala,El Salvador,etc.,think,United Fruit Company,CIA,long term US support for brutal dictatorships,over throwing democratically elected governments,etc....

The argument could be made that some chickens have come home to roost.

Of course it isn't,but if you look at the history of the US government's involvement in the countries we're discussing,Honduras,Guatemala,El Salvador,etc.,think,United Fruit Company,CIA,long term US support for brutal dictatorships,over throwing democratically elected governments,etc....

The argument could be made that some chickens have come home to roost.

Now that comment is to the point. Lots of chickens. Lots of karma.

Guatemala was chosen as the site for United Fruit's (Chiquita Banana) early development because Guatemala’s government was the region’s weakest, just establishing itself. When Guatemala’s democratically elected president tried to reduce the company’s power the CIA worked with United Fruit to overthrow him and his government.

1962 the CIA began interfering in Chilean elections, leading to the military junta that put Pinochet into power. Pinochet led a military dictatorship that suppressed and brutalized the country until 1990.

In 1964 the CIA organized a coup of the Brazilian republic. The dictatorship they helped put into place suppressed, censored, and tortured the opposition, the suspected opposition, everybody else.

In 1964 22 Panamanian students were shot for raising a Panamanian flag in the US-controlled Canal Zone.

In 1988 the US placed an embargo on Panama after the Drug Enforcement Agency indicted the CIA agent, Noriega on drug trafficking charges. Bush sent US troops to invade Panama, killing thousands of Panamanians before capturing still another CIA-employee.

And it goes on, El Salvador in 1968, Peru from 1968 to 2000, Bolivia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Mexico, Jamaica, Argentina, and Nicaragua in the 1970’s. Then Nicaragua and the Sandinistas, Grenada, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Venezuela, and back to Colombia.

Guest bennie2

karma sharma, regular citizens always get the shaft. its like a tenent suffering for the crimes of the landlord. i have no guilt, dont put those live chickens on me. hookem, i agree w/you & themsome (your last comment). the majority of people (on the forum) embrace diversity, the cultural enrichment it brings, the humanitarian sacrifices americans must do. who are you trying to convince? my comments were basically for you. now this was about perry & the national guard.......

Guest bennie2

UPDATE: perry sends national guard to border. listen to "the kuhner report" youtube july 22nd 2014 hour #1 (uploaded by really something big). excellent summary of the coyotes, smugglers, honduras, guata, el salvador- & the relationship to the US. some of the stats for texas are astounding. kuhner writes for the washington times. recommended.

Bigd,I lived in Central America from 1978 to 1981,I saw first hand what US policies in the region produced and after looking into it and educating myself about it I realized what a total failure and disgrace our involvement was.

I have lived in Mexico since 1994. I have my opinions on what the government is doing and has done. But in realty I don't KNOW who are what countries were involved the last 20 years in the decisions that were made.

Why in most of your prior post do you always want to blame the United States for almost every bad situation that comes up?

I have lived in Mexico since 1994. I have my opinions on what the government is doing and has done. But in realty I don't KNOW who are what countries were involved the last 20 years in the decisions that were made.

Why in most of your prior post do you always want to blame the United States for almost every bad situation that comes up?

Why?

The USA is unique in the world for the amount that it interferes in the internal workings of other countries: World's top meddler.

The USA is unique in the world for the amount of $$, both % of GDP and total $$, it spends on projecting its military power.

The USA spends $700 billion a year on the military and on military interventions around the world.

The USA has military installations in 75% of the world's countries - a level never before seen or attempted in all of history.

These realities explain the $17Trillion debt - and explain why the USA causes more problems in the world than any other country:

Rank Country Spending ($ Bn.)[3]% of GDP World share (%) World total 1747.0 2.4 100 1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 640.0 4.2 36.6 2 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ People's Republic of China[a] 188.0 2.0 10.8 3 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia[a] 87.8 4.1 5.0 4 23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia[b] 67.0 9.3 3.8 5 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 61.2 2.2 3.5 6 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 57.9 2.3 3.3 7 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany[a] 48.8 1.4 2.8 8 23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan 48.6 1.0 2.8 9 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 47.4 2.5 2.7 10 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea 33.9 2.8 1.9

Note that the $640 billion listed above does not include the $70 billion a year of "foreign aid" US spends on military aid to other countries. When we "donate" $70 billion a year in jets, missiles, and artillery, that is meddling in other country's business, buy bribing them with weapons, so they do what the US power brokers want.

Did they change the rules of engagement after Kent State?

Perry is not going to declare Martial Law so the guard is not going to fire upon worn out, unarmed civilians especially children.

Some guard members in Ohio thought the governor had declared Martial Law. They were wrong. Eight were indicted but a federal judge threw out the cases against them. That wouldn't happen today.

The next day the Governor also made a number of provocative statements implying that he was declaring a State of Emergency and martial law, but this never occurred.
Eight Guardsmen were eventually indicted by a Grand Jury for firing into the crowd. They entered self-defense pleas, after having been involved in regular violence for several days the court accepted the plea and the case was dismissed in 1974. In 1975 a civil case was brought against 28 defendants and the State of Ohio, which was settled out of court in 1979 for $675,000 (paid by the State) and the guardsmen signing a statement of regret (which didn't include an admission of wrongdoing).

If you're referring to my post let me clarify,in no way do I place the whole or even most of the blame for Latin America's woes on the US,the governments down here have proven themselves more than capable of screwing up their own societies with no help from anyone,that said,US intervention in the region has always had negative effects on the general population,examples; over throwing democratically elected governments,funding and training death squads,we shouldn't be engaged in that sort of thing,what's worse is that these interventions were primarily motivated by greed.

There's a difference between being a patriotic American,which I am,and a "my country right or wrong",type,which I'm not.

I was in South American when the U.S. was helping to overthrow Allende. Chili was the oldest democracy in the Western World but we didn't like the legally elected president so instead of waiting until the next election we overthrew the government and put in a military junta. Thank you Richard Nixon.

At the same time in Argentina we were interfering also but I never could figure out f we were for the Peronist or against them. I know we had private companies selling arms to the Peronist.

Interfering in legally elected governments is why other countries hate the U.S.

Guest bennie2

investmentwatchdog.com (july 22nd, 2014) "illegal immigration and gangs someday our cities will burn because we didnt protect our borders" by michael synder. (artical in several other online mags go to google).

Okay, since this has gone hopelessly political anyway, here's another opinion about the reason the empire may fall:

For students of history, refer to the Roman Empire and how it went into the sewer after ruling most of the world.

In the U.S.A., we have a growing disparity between the haves and have-nots, whoever they are. Once the situation in any country keeps the poor from aspiring to middle class and 1% have most of everything, the country rots from within and it doesn't take barbarians at the gate to bring about the fall. Even bread and circuses won't stop the spread of the disease. Hope and opportunity are the only medications. And, as it happens, it was hope for opportunity that brought all those kids to the gate, but it was a false hope. What happens to them and their families is not going to be pretty, for all the talk. Honestly, I have absolutely no ideas for a humane solution to this situation.

As far as being patriotic is concerned........if it makes you feel better about life, indulge in it. However, where we were born is an accident of fate. None of us got to choose our parents or their circumstances when we arrived.

Guest bennie2

"executive action: obama plans to fly illegal aliens directly to america" frontpagemag.com2014/dgreenfield (july 25th, daniel greenfield). gringal, i know about the roman empire-the germanic tribes. little kids aside, we need to address the gang members who are included in this innocent group. seems like hondorus/el salvador has declared war on the US. (in an insidious way). the small children are the trojan horse, the front. IMO, govts work together, have blatent disregard for their own. (nothing new). the air travel will be a more comfortable journey.

"Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about." Mark Twain

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it." George Bernard Shaw

"We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense." Barack Obama

"executive action: obama plans to fly illegal aliens directly to america" frontpagemag.com2014/dgreenfield (july 25th, daniel greenfield). gringal, i know about the roman empire-the germanic tribes. little kids aside, we need to address the gang members who are included in this innocent group. seems like hondorus/el salvador has declared war on the US. (in an insidious way). the small children are the trojan horse, the front. IMO, govts work together, have blatent disregard for their own. (nothing new). the air travel will be a more comfortable journey.

This is one time when it is completely true that you should not believe everything you read.

Archived