Chapala.com Webboard

Multiva bank wants your banking business for depositing US checks

I have a bank account with Multiva Bank, across the street from actinver

they said yesterday they have no problem depositing US checks, they can meet the regulations.

I asked the manager and cashier If they wanted new business. They said yes.

I told them due to the good service they have always given me, I will refer new account holders to them.

The manager and cashier said the deposit of a US check in your account would have a fee less than $10 US Dollars.

I also have a investment account next door in Multiva investments,

I have used Multiva bank for over three years.

I personally do not comprehend why over local banks, do not want to meet US filing regulations for depositing US checks.

They will be losing business. When asked I did not get a reasonable answer.

I am closing my account with intercam in the future as I find it easier to cash a US check than do wire transfer.

Also Multiva bank allow me to do withdrawals after 12 noon, all day, I withdrew pesos at 3PM yesterday at Multiva bank..

Intercam always set a time of the day withdrawals were not allowed to be taken. Which was inconvenient.

wayne

I also have an account at Multiva and I have asked this question and have received the same answer more than once.

How long does it take to clear my US check being deposited to my Multiva checking account: Answer: 20 BUSINESS days and you get the exchange rate THE DAY THE CHECK CLEARS...that is a "crapshoot" in my opinion.

I opened an account at CiBanco and wrote a US check to my Mexican peso account there....the money in pesos was available the next day and NO FEE. This may change after July 31st about their still accepting US checks for deposits.

Just thought I would throw my 2 centavos in.

Buena suerte.

We have multiva investment and checking. We wrote a US check today at the investment place. It is presented to the banking to obtain interbank transfers, it is sent to US for clearance and then deposited in the investment side. Takes a few days...NO charge!

Multiva told me the same thing as Sandrita above - you get the exchange rate in 20 days when the check clears, not the exchange rate on the day of deposit. Nuts to that. And why would you pay almost $10 to deposit a check? Nuts to that too. I'll stick with CiBanco and have my money available the next day.

Goldenbead is correct, at least as far as the information I rec'd from Multiva. I too have both and investment account and a bank account. I'm not charger for depositing a check in my investment account and no charge for receiving a wire transfer. If you want to verify for your situation talk with Clara, the bank manager.

Archived