Chapala.com Webboard

Heavy Rain, upper and West Ajijic

It stopped here before 7 PM I'm guessing at most a quarter of an inch, The weather station further East only had 0.01 inches.

Oh well every drop helps fill the lake.

Have a good and I hope wet, outdoors only, evening :) .

Guest bennie2

started when i left house ended after i got back in. walking thru the storm was wet. if you want to know when it will rain next just ask me when im leaving.

Sadly, it's not raining anymore but let's hope it does. There was no power outage in my part of Upper West Ajijic, However over the past 5 weeks there have been maybe 5 very short outages, just long enough to require those electric clocks not backed up by my Solar backup system to need to be reset.

Those electric clocks connected to the single phase that is backed up by too many solar panels and 8 deep cell Trojan golf cart batteries, never go out. Therefore those clocks connected to this phase, don't need to be reset

I love my solar system

EDIT 8:45 PM: It just started to rain fairly hard again as I was posting that sadly "it had stopped". Let's hope we get at least a half inch this time.

It started raining really hard around 9 p.m. in Chapala and is still going strong a half hour later complete with thunder and lightening.

I am so sorry to hear that the lightning and heavy rain had that effect upon you:

lightening |ˈlītn-iNG, ˈlītniNG|

noun

a drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

lightning |ˈlītniNG|

noun

the occurrence of a natural electrical discharge of very short duration and high voltage between a cloud and the ground or within a cloud, accompanied by a bright flash and typically also thunder: a tremendous flash of lightning.

Brings up a great point, I (especially) and others, struggle with English even after all these years, how can you possibly imagine we'll ever learn Spanish? Also brings up another great point, we all assumed after we graduated we'd be free of teachers corrections - as it appears, not so, once a teacher, always a teacher even into our dotage - ha.

Spanish is easier to spell, since it is a much more phonetic language. It also helps one to pronounce words correctly.

Some saw the humor in my post; the weatherman did not, evidently.

I have always greatly appreciated RV's posts. Being a bad speller, I loved even more what he wrote about spelling the different definitions of lightening and lightning :) Because that could have been me spelling slightly wrong. I do it way too oftin. :)

He's making these posts with a smile on his face hoping we can have a good laugh.

Thanks, guys. Those of us from the far northeast part of the country do tend to be a bit acerbic, but generally with friendly intent. Those who do not recognize that, may feel put upon until they give it some thought. If the latter is a difficult task, they remain put upon, I guess. :)

Wow, here's a dramatic example illustrating the rain variation across the N shore. Last night Riberas got at least 1.75", a second Riberas station reported 1.84" in a torrential downpour. Rancho del Oro reports something like .04" in that same period. Where is John of Ajijic to complain?

Just noise in San Juan Cosala. Rain is done quite a bit this year. My grass has stopped greening up.

Archived