Chapala.com Webboard

Fresh Turkey

MyHomeSweetHome

We just bought a fresh not frozen turkey breast at Costco wrapped in one of those stretchy mesh nets. Sold by the kilo at 125.00pesos a kilo. This one is 1.55 kilos. I plan to divide it up for different recipes to use instead of chicken.

We love the roasted turkey breast that More Liana described. We slice it thin for sandwiches - we usually freeze half when we get it home as it will go bad if it hangs around too long in the fridge. Good sign that it doesn't have a bunch of preservatives.

The uncooked turkey breast portion we bought is neither uncooked frozen nor whole smoked. It is oven-baked and sold pre-wrapped, by the kilo, in the cold cuts case, and it is tender, moist, and delicious. Just slice it and eat it.

I also buy the Kirkland sliced three-pack of smoke turkey, for making sandwiches. It is not as good as getting a breast, but it sure comes in handy.

And there are any number of items that the local CostCos carry that don't show up on the Lakeside Express delivery service website, either, so it's always fun to go in once in a while and check the shelves myself. (They have been out of sliced pepperoni for three weeks now, which is slowing down my pizza output...)

Archived