Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Delegado Project

Delegado Hector Espana has heard the requests for repairs/replacement to the street sign arrows. He can have any sign you want put up for 150 pesos. Anyone wishing a street sign contact Harry Bublin at 766-4282

Hector would like to do something about the trash piles that appear around the village. He has arranged to have trash barrels permanently installed at selected locations. The example cans are on the carretera a little east of Multivalories bank and opposite Activer. They will be placed where the sponsor wants and otherwise where trash accumulates and neighbors can monitor/report attempts at mass dumping. The cans are purchased in Guadalajara. Then reinforced and mounted on supports at a welder. Then taken to a painter and then a sign person to put the sponsor's message, logo etc. The cost is 1000 pesos installed. To sponsor a barrel contact Harry

Delegado Hector Espana has heard the requests for repairs/replacement to the street sign arrows. He can have any sign you want put up for 150 pesos. Anyone wishing a street sign contact Harry Bublin at 766-4282

Hector would like to do something about the trash piles that appear around the village. He has arranged to have trash barrels permanently installed at selected locations. The example cans are on the carretera a little east of Multivalories bank and opposite Activer. They will be placed where the sponsor wants and otherwise where trash accumulates and neighbors can monitor/report attempts at mass dumping. The cans are purchased in Guadalajara. Then reinforced and mounted on supports at a welder. Then taken to a painter and then a sign person to put the sponsor's message, logo etc. The cost is 1000 pesos installed. To sponsor a barrel contact Harry

the real problem is that the trucks that collect the trash are broken. we need them fixed, not a way to keep the trash around longer but in a can. we are blessed with trash collection in ajijic 6 days a week, but we don't give the guys the necessary equipment....

I think of all the things mentioned here the non-functioning traffic lights are the biggest danger to public safety. Those of us who live here have pretty much memorized when black is green and when black is red but with all of the weekend visitors it seems that this is an accident waiting to happen. Why can't these be maintained?

Every conceivable action has been taken by the Delegado to get the lights operational without results. Perhaps if expats began emailing the governor in sufficient numbers, He might get something done? Why can't the lights be maintained? Politics!!!!!

I believe we discussed that corner at yesterday's meeting. A lapse time camera will be installed in order to catch and charge the dumpers.

Aggressive dogs - the only thing to do is file a denucio against the owners. Chapala has no animal control officers. A recent case of abuse in Tepequa (sp?) resulted en one dog put down and 6 more at Lucky Dog. At least enforcement officers came out.

As a business owner, how about sponsoring a maintenance or set of tires, oil change?

When Harry asks people to go see the Presidente only one or two people show up. This tells the politicos that they can continue to milk the cash cow and do nothing. Business as usual.

Guest bennie2

loads of trash in lot, encarncion rosas upper ajijic. sidewalk has big holes & it broken. i pass there about 2 xs a week it is a mess.

A lot is private property, sidewalks belong to the owner. Send a written complaint to the Delegado and advise your councilman Carlos Soto (speaks english) 331 242 9801

Guest bennie2

chris, maybe its time for americans to stop footing bills that they are not responsible for? rethinking this, i retract my comment. if sidewalks are broken thats to be expected, unless the street has expensive homes. douteful some councilman cares what some american thinks. why should he? whats in it for him? i just mentioned the sidewalk because that issue was brought up on anohter thread.

Guest bennie2

its not "another words" it is my words. i mentioned it as you have requested people report things. im not responsible for a backwater town in a 3rd world nation. (i paid taxes here & visa fees). IF YOU want to do something thats your freedom. there is plenty of $$ available for repairs. the only project i think is a responsible one, is the graffitti removal. (not everywhere ofcause, but it looks like they do it in the right places so i think). also the graffitti project doesnt hustle $ 24/7 or attempt to put guilt on people. yes im an opportunist too, if a sidewalk gets fixed i would benefit. w/me what you see id would you get. straight up honesty.

Guest bennie2

yes thom. besides me, mexican elderly would benefit from fixed sidewalks. its a tough call. i like to see see things fixed too, but my principles tell me the govt should do it. (the mex govt).

Archived