Chapala.com Webboard

Monte Cristo?

kiminmexico

We have been there 2 x in as many weeks, both times as part o. First time, we all enjoyed what we got. Lets see if I can remember. One- pear & chicken salad, excellent. Arrachera cooked properly -> very good, Caesar with chicken also good. Can't remember the 4th.

Second try, I still had the ear salas, others had LAMB arrachera, excellent, snails at $90 pesos good but overpriced, Hamburger fine and this time to my friend's taste the chicken Caesar had too much anchovy and also too much dressing.

Service is usually good, but if they get busy, they slow down. We still feel a good meal in a nice setting for a decent piece. Hope they make it till the season.

Great experience. Tuna cooked perfectly . Pasta wonderful. Coconut shrimp better than at the beach. The fourth in our party had an excellent burger. Espresso done correctly - and that doesn't happen too often at local eateries.

Sincé Thors is no longer, we all had the Lamb Shank here, it was as good or better, and the veggies were cooked perfectly al dente, also we Split Caeser salad made the way it should be with lotz of anchovies...This restaurant is a keeper, we will make it one of our regulars...

• 3 months later...

Went day before yesterday and decided to try those shrimp and cream cheese appetizers instead of a regular lunch since I'd heard they were good and I wasn't very hungry. Yes, indeed, they are good, but I would suggest you share them with a few friends, since it's a generous serving and they are really filling!

All in all, they seem to be doing well in this location and I guess fly season will end when it's colder.

Archived