Chapala.com Webboard

22 gang member dead in Michoacan shootout and 1 police wounded, 3 women saved from their kidnappers.

AlanMexicali

I am not going to believe this story...

The marina was sent to michoacan and arrested dr mireles...he was transfered to jail in hermosillo. They shaved his hair and mustache and is now a prisoner.

His 6 bodyguards where transfered to jail in tepic nayarit. The rest of the 60 plus community self police have been placed every whereel else.

What a shame that a surgeon decides enough is enough and takes back his community and other communities and he gets treated like a criminal. :(

Dr mireles is a diabetic that needs his shots 3 times a day...he will be treated very bad and possible not given his medicine

What a shame that a surgeon decides enough is enough and takes back his community and other communities and he gets treated like a criminal. :(

Mireles was arrested in 1988 with 80 kilos of pot,he served 3 years in prison for that crime then he was arrested in California for practicing medicine with out a license and was sent to jail again,he's not the savior some people make him out to be,IMO.

Mireles was arrested in 1988 with 80 kilos of pot,he served 3 years in prison for that crime then he was arrested in California for practicing medicine with out a license and was sent to jail again,he's not the savior some people make him out to be,IMO.

But, he could be. Some people do change. Not the Mexican government, however. :(

But, he could be. Some people do change. Not the Mexican government, however. :(

You're the same guy who was implying that zeta cartel was sponsoring the Mexican national futbol team because of the lightning bolts on their jerseys that you misidentified as Zs...pfft.

Mr. Mireles led a small army of 300 armed vigilantes into the town of La Mira, with the stated purpose of taking control of the port city of Lazaro Cardenas. Mireles was arrested in La Mira, along with his bodyguards and some 80 vigilantes, on charges of possessing and transporting illegal automatic weapons. In addition, a search of Mireles' truck found three bags of marijuana and one bag of cocaine. Mr. Mireles has been transferred to a high-security prison in Sonora. A judge has ordered that he receive medical attention in order to treat his diabetes. A judge and the Mexican human rights agency have determined there were no improprieties in his arrest. A clarification of his legal status is expected to be issued by a Mexican court later today.

Yes, Mireles signed the agreement to disband the vigilantes. There was an additional agreement regarding the registration of weapons, which was accepted by the AUC by a simple show of hands. There is a photo of Mireles raising his hand in agreement. Smurf and Commissioner Castillo are the subjects of an ongoing smear campaign which originates from the vigilantes' social media sites. My guess is that La Familia Michoacana will emerge as the dominant cartel now that the Templarios have been destroyed. The goal of the government is to initially quell the violence and then deal with organized crime by restoring the rule of law and faith in government to Michoacan.

Don't be silly, Hookem. Mexican jails and prisons are chock full of gangsters and sicarios being held on weapons charges, many of them serving indeterminate sentences of preventive detention. In addition, most of the cartel leaders who so easily eluded capture during the previous regime's bumbling attempts at waging a "war on drugs," are in prison too...or dead. Crime and violence rates are way down. You gonna continue to argue with this kind of success?

The longer I spend in Mexico and the more I learn, I understand the apathy and the cynicism of the people.

You would have to be an absolute fool to believe anything you read in the mainstream media without a cup or two of salt. Theatre, indeed.

Good to see you back, Alex. :) Now, tell me, Dr. M says there was no signed accord about the weapons, and many writers (Boards) seem to think that he was "set up" by the smurf, etc., and that the Cartels are still very strong in Michoacan, despite what the government says.Especially in Morelia and Lazaro C. That an accord has been reached to keep the violence quiet, and Dr. M. was the biggest obstacle. With him out of the way, things can go smooth in Michoacan (business as usual). Comments on those statements?

The government can and will do whatever it wants, regardless of 'facts'. The government makes up its own facts. Yes, with Mireles out of the way, things will soon be running smoothly in Michoacán.

Mr. Mireles led a small army of 300 armed vigilantes into the town of La Mira, with the stated purpose of taking control of the port city of Lazaro Cardenas. Mireles was arrested in La Mira, along with his bodyguards and some 80 vigilantes, on charges of possessing and transporting illegal automatic weapons. In addition, a search of Mireles' truck found three bags of marijuana and one bag of cocaine. Mr. Mireles has been transferred to a high-security prison in Sonora. A judge has ordered that he receive medical attention in order to treat his diabetes. A judge and the Mexican human rights agency have determined there were no improprieties in his arrest. A clarification of his legal status is expected to be issued by a Mexican court later today.

Alex, I have no idea where you get your information, but this was just published in the PRI newspaper El Informador :

http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/536211/6/impiden-a-visitador-de-cedh-visitar-a-mireles.htm

basically saying : no human right watchers allowed, no doctor allowed to check his medical condition, while the man's health could be in danger. Pictures are taken of anybody who wants to visit Mireles, video's are erased..... read it all yourself..... and again, this comes out of a PRI newspaper.

Rony

ML, are there just too many people afraid to stand up and change things, or just too many people on the payrolls? How sad for Mexico, no?

Tragic. As I often quote from Simone de Beauvoir: "The most scandalous thing about scandal is that we become accustomed to it."

Alex, I have no idea where you get your information, but this was just published in the PRI newspaper El Informador :

http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/536211/6/impiden-a-visitador-de-cedh-visitar-a-mireles.htm

basically saying : no human right watchers allowed, no doctor allowed to check his medical condition, while the man's health could be in danger. Pictures are taken of anybody who wants to visit Mireles, video's are erased..... read it all yourself..... and again, this comes out of a PRI newspaper.

Rony

Here's the Informador story about the judge ordering medical attention for Mr. Mireles.

http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/536056/6/ordenan-brindar-atencion-medica-a-jose-mireles.htm

Google Translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.informador.com.mx%2Fmexico%2F2014%2F536056%2F6%2Fordenan-brindar-atencion-medica-a-jose-mireles.htm

I have no idea why the people in the story you cite were denied access to Mr. Mireles. Did they have an appointment? Or did they just show up unannounced?

And here's a little background info. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to translate what Mr. Mireles is saying in this teleconference from the prison in Sonora.

And here's Mr. Mireles' interview with someone I believe to be a human rights worker at the attorney general's offices before being transferred to prison. Again, perhaps you'd be kind enough to translate.

Lets just respect the fact that we can all read the news, use bing and google, and can find translations if we want to. Someone on BB will translate eventually, if not already.

Yes, I know the administration of BB is biased on this topic, but they have some dedicated people who translate many of these videos, so it is a good source for that.

This is not the forum for political discussions, and that is the direction this topic has gone. Can't imagine why they don't shut us down.

Archived