Chapala.com Webboard

Taxi to airport

Call or email Alex Peterson. I know he charges 480pesos to go to Guadalajara for round trip doctors appointments including waiting until done. I think he charges less to the airport. Cell: 333-577-7765 - apet.rapidpack(at)yahoo.com We've used him to the airport but that was awhile back and I don't remember. He's very responsive and a very nice guy and bilingual. Also knows Guadalajara like the back of his hand.

I don't know the expat driver referred to & no doubt he's a great guy . BUT IMO -- better to give our business to our Mexican neighbors ..Earning opportunities here are so very few & limited for locals and Driving expats has long been one way they can make a living . And we might especially support those drivers 'playing by the rules ' & paying the costs to do business legally. it just doesn't seem right to me for us expats to move here to enjoy the low cost of living & then take work away from our struggling neighbors. There are many good, reliable local drivers with longstanding reputations -- and some are English speaking if that's a requirement.

• 1 year later...

In the last while I have found a reliable fellow who is available anytime for trips to and from the airport and to and from Guadalajara.  Been a bit turned off other drivers who have raised their prices but his price is reasonable.  He has a nice hybrid vehicle and speaks Spanish and English fluently.

Sesar Arias  333-959-0825

Guest bennie2

i feel more comfy w/alex than most drivers. its like having a neighbor take you.  (assume he has insurance). too many hassles w/ most others. there is one or two mex drivers i do like, they are very busy. chances are they may be the ones who raised the prices. airport before 7am is like an easy 20 min drive. 

Archived