Chapala.com Webboard

World Cup - website to stream live?

Is there a website that I can live stream the World Cup? Specifically the Mexico - Netherlands game tomorrow morning at 11am?

Alternately, if there isn't, is there a place in West Ajijic showing it?

I have been watching it on line through a Dutch website..... excellent reception :

http://www.janlul.com/stream1.html

and you can practice your Dutch, listening to it.

It is likely that they will also show Tuesday's game US - Belgium...... and since I am a minority here, I will wisely restrain from any prediction.

I will watch it from the Piano Rojo in Ajijic (Tuesday's game)..... 3 pm, where I will also try to keep a low profile (will not work, against my nature).

Rony

Thanks rony.

I will use that as a backup plan. Still looking for something in English.

I don't have any cable TV and can watch, when Mexico plays,..... on TV, channel 73....... but that will be in Spanish.

I don't have a tv :)

Found another site:

http://www.tsmplug.com/world-cup-live-stream/

I assume the Legion in Chapala will be showing it, They used to have burgers etc cheap on Sundays. I know Tom's bar in Ajijic will undoubtedly be showing it. Any restaurant/bar with a TV will be showing it.

I assume the Legion in Chapala will be showing it, They used to have burgers etc cheap on Sundays. I know Tom's bar in Ajijic will undoubtedly be showing it. Any restaurant/bar with a TV will be showing it.

The legion doesn't open until noon. I am going to be out in West Ajijic at my parents house, which is why I was looking for somewhere out that way.

We watch it here on ABC: It is a bit trying to get into it but once you get rid of the advertising it works fine. We have watched all the games here. gofirstrow.eu This site comes out of Rumania or some such place but it is ABC and it is in English. You will probably get 10 sites to choose from.

I use (and like) gofirstrow.eu for all broadcast sporting events that I can't get on TV. HOWEVER, you need to be aware and nimble regarding the pop-up ads. Some of 'em seem pretty dodgy, and other are tricky-- they'll launch unwanted pages, or fool you into thinking you have to click on their ad to start your sporting event stream. So, be alert.

BTW, the Canadian CBC network is showing all games in English, so if you have a friend who uses the Shaw (Star Choice) satellite service, you can get the games there on any of the CBC stations.

I use (and like) gofirstrow.eu for all broadcast sporting events that I can't get on TV. HOWEVER, you need to be aware and nimble regarding thepop-up ads. Some of 'eminstall retty dodgy, and other are tricky-- they'll launch unwanted pages, or fool you into thinking you have to click on their ad to start your sporting event stream. So, be alert.

BTW, the Canadian CBC network is showing all games in English, so if you have a friend who uses the Shaw (Star Choice) satellite service, you can get the games there on any of the CBC stations.

If you use chrome you can install adblock (a chrome extension) and wham bam thank you mam the ads are gone.

>o far the games on the walmart tv have been from the world cup from 4 years ago. According to an employee the games are prerecorded as they do not have acces to a signal. I do not know if it is true but I would not count on seeing the gme there-

sadly, in the final few minutes, NL scored two goals.

The final score therefore was NL 2 , MX 1

Yes, P, I am feeling very sad for Mexico too. This countries needs a good reason to cheer, to be proud and real heroes.

I still believe that they can be proud. Great game, and a nice, down to earth bunch of players.

Rony

Archived