Chapala.com Webboard
Mx_Flwr

banco en México más eficiente para recibir pensión de Estados Unidos?

I'm also interested in this topic and would like to know what experience others have in depositing either their pension payment or SS directly to a Mexican bank. Is there a waiting period for when the money is available? How much is the commission or fee for the international transaction?

No commsion or fees at bancomer.Direct Deposit of SS the 3rd of every month. Pension funds vary by issue date.

Didn't expect this on the Spanish forum........but here's a tad of information:

Having been kicked off the Banamex USA account where our SSA checks had been deposited, we went to a Mexican bank where we have a checking account and filled out the forms to have the future checks deposited there.

We also checked by phone with the SSA rep. in Guadalajara, and so far, it seems this will work and our July checks will go to the Mexican bank. Other people we know are doing the same thing, with various other Mexican banks.

Thank you Ginger. It seems I could make that happen once I arrive, establish Bancomer, and call SSA or go to GDL office to switch the bank. Where in GDL is an SSA office?

On 6/23/2014 at 9:43 AM, Ginger said:

Almost 4 years of direct deposit to Bancomer from SS & not one problem. I applied for SS from here.

So does your check go into a USD account or is it ex to Pesos (which I would not want to happen)

I would think it would be in pesos. I have had several mexican bank accounts and as far as i know your money entering into a a mx bank would be in pesos. I have never heard of a mexican bank holding your money in usd. Thanks for the info that an SS rep. is at the Consulate. I know where it is in GDL.

We love Multivalores. They are so easy to deal with. We've had our SS sent there without issues. They can only deal in pesos by law. It is the currency of the land. It will automatically convert.