Chapala.com Webboard

Quick 4 days to Cabo San Lucas

Never thought of going there and will probably only go once. There will be 4 of us. Last week of June.

How best to get there? Obviously fly. but with which airline? Volaris once a day direct $235 RT done!

Where to stay? King bed, nice views, good food, price not all that important but moderate works.

Rent a car?

Where to eat and what else to do?

I have been to the area a couple of times and find Cabo to be very "resortish" and a bit on the expensive side. If you prefer a more Mexican stay, fly in to the La Paz airport and stay in that lovely town. From there you can hire a cab with driver to take a day trip or two to various tourist attractions in Cabo, Todos Santos, etc. and see a bit more of the Baja scenery. You can also get inexpensive tour guides with boat to take you out into the Gulf for snorkling, beach picnics, etc. The sea animals (seals, fish, etc.) are very colourful and spectacular to swim with.

Look at interjet airlines. They fly to cabo.

Trip advisor is pretty good for places to stay, look up Mira Vista condos.very nice, but 1/2 way between Cabo and the airport . Cocinia cantina at Haciendia may be the best deal for great food.Doc's wine bar for mussels appetizer, Rips bar for their famous rainbow shooters.if you rent a car DO take the insurance.Cabo is not an inexpensive destination,A party town.Go check out the new marina in Cabo San Jose,very nice.

I would add that Panchos Restaurant & Bar in downtown Cabo is a very friendly hangout with excellent menu including steaks and fish and sushi. It also boasts the largest selection of Tequila in Mexico.. Go count them.
Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, popular bar as well. It isowned by people from Ajijic. Enjoy Cabo

I second the recommendation of Pancho's. Our neighbors own the restaurant and the food is not only good, but inexpensive especially by Cabo standards. It does have the largest tequila collection of any restaurant in the world with a large 4 page menu to choose from.

Be warned that most things in Cabo are priced in dollars. On a recent visit two of us got a cab and went to Wal-Mart. it couldn't have been a half mile but this was a beer run and walking was out. The cab was $8US each way. When we returned the driver asked for $16. I said we only had pesos. After a puzzled look and momentary pause he took out his calculator to make the conversion.

You might also like to check out vivaaerobus.com. vivaaerobus is another discount airline. Like the rest, there are several add ons. However, they usually offer the lowest rates around, but they may not fly everyday from Guadalajara. Sometimes they also have 2x1 promotions.

FYI. Just received the latest promo from vivaaerobus. They are offering fares 90% off. An example: we just booked round trip from GDL to Cancun in November. Under $200 USD for both round trip.

You might want to explore FlipKey for accommodations. I just saw a condo in the center of the marina which rents for about $800 pesos per night. It looked quite enticing.

Archived